2012 Ford Transit Connect Rated at 22/27 MPG

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  T'Cal 
#1 ·
2012 Ford Transit Connect Rated at 22/27 MPG
Mileage Improves for Both City and Highway
FordInsideNews.com
July 18, 2011
By: Austin Rutherford

In the months before releasing the Transit Connect in North America, Ford promoted the small utility van to obtain 25 mpg on the highway. When the vehicle was actually released, however, it carried 26 MPG on the highway along with 21 MPG in the city. After two years on the market, Ford has improved it again. Fuel economy numbers for the 2012 Transit Connect have recently been released and the van is now rated at 22/27 MPG. This results in a one MPG improvement on both ratings over prior model years.

Hopefully this is enough of an improvement to hold off new competitors in its class. Nissan plans on releasing its NV200 while rumors suggest the Fiat Doblo will be rebadged as a Ram here in North America.

Do not expect any other improvements until an all-new Transit Connect hits the market sometime in the 2014 model year.

See less See more
#2 ·
A new transmission would help even more

#3 ·
I love this product. If my current Ford ever quits, I'd love to own a Transit Connect. The ability to carry a few passengers and being able to haul cargo without having to worry about marring up a fancy interior is a real winner for me. I like practical. I don't want or need flashy stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.