2013 Ford Mustang To Get Shelby Styling Cues And More Power [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: 2013 Ford Mustang To Get Shelby Styling Cues And More Power

ausrutherford
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
2013 Ford Mustang To Get Shelby Styling Cues And More Power
By Huw Evans
August 17 2011
AutoGuide (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/08/2013-ford-mustang-to-get-shelby-styling-cues-and-more-power.html)

Although a major re-design of FordĎs pony car is scheduled for 2014, possibly as a í15 model, the Blue Oval isnít letting weeds grow beneath the current car. For 2013, itís promising a few changes, including styling updates and a bump in power on GT models.

Most rumors seem to agree that regular Mustangs, both base and GT will adopt some cues from the Shelby GT500, including a more aggressive front fascia with a larger upper grille and revised below bumper inlet. In addition, the trapezoidal taillight treatment will give way to something less angular, with lenses that run straight across the back panel instead of being angled.

Full text at link

RG59061
08-21-2011, 12:19 PM
This is the best thing that Ford can do and I'm so glad that it has been doing it. Not allowing product to stay stagnant or go stale.

It'll be exciting to see how the GT and V6 bodies take on elements of the Shelby, especially in the tail end design with the rumor of tail lights that run straight across the back end. It sounds a lot like Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds...or like the original 2004 Ford Mustang GT Concept. If true, I just hope that we keep the "sequential" tail lights that we currently have and that flash across the tail.

It is on my 2011 GT 5.0...and I don't want to see it go.

I also wonder what else is in store for the interior? I'm sure we will tweak or enhance or improve something.

T'Cal
08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Great news! This reminds me of the 80s when Ford would regularly tweak the Mustang bumping up power, updating the interior, or merely changing decals and trim. It got me in the showroom to buy new 5.0s in '82, '84, '85, and '89. The '85 was the best as it was a GT convertible with 225 HP from its V8 with the roar of a Holley carburetor, the burble of a full dual exhaust, and a slick 5 speed stick. Good times. I'm so tempted to pick up a '12 convertible. With over 300 HP standard on the 3.7L V6, is the new 5.0L V8 necessary? Probably as the V6 will never have the sound of a real American V8, especially the 5.0L. That sound is that important to me. It doesn't need to be the fastest car on the road, but it ought to have the right sound as well as enough power to get out of its own way to get my attention. Still, I like the look of the Pony Package's grille, wheels, badges, stripes and trim better than that of the GT, and the look is just as important. I'll wait and see what comes for 2012.

RG59061
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
With over 300 HP standard on the 3.7L V6, is the new 5.0L V8 necessary? Probably as the V6 will never have the sound of a real American V8, especially the 5.0L.

Is the 5.0 Necessary? As someone who has a 5.0 in my 2011 Mustang GT Coupe...the simple answer...is **** YES! I swore up and down that the 3.7L V6 and its 315 HP was plenty for me...but now, having 412 HP at my disposal, 392 Lb-Ft of Torque, and a Power to Weight Ratio of only 8.5 Pounds per Horsepower...yes...it is necessary. The topping on the cake, the sound of that amazing, modern, powerful engine on the over run, it is just a symphony in the purest, most American sense. To make that sound sing perfectly...just flex your big toe...and the 5.0 performs with a plum.

T'Cal
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Congrats on your purchase! I have read so many great things about the new GT - how it's so smooth, precise, and high-quality - that I'm amazed Lincoln doesn't offer a verison. Enjoy!

GlobalCarDealers
10-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Style, design being the centre of attraction of the vehicles. If the vehicles have batter looks then naturally peoples mind diverts towards it. So every now and then the new models with better style and design is launched.