Territory for Thailand [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Territory for Thailand

08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Friday, 17 August 2012
Motoring.com.au (http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2012/large-4x4/ford/territory/territory-for-thailand-31942)

Ford Australia this week shipped 100 high-spec Territory vehicles to Thailand, marking a “small but important” export deal that it hopes will lead to further export programs.

The company today announced it loaded the shipment of top-shelf all-wheel-drive Territory Titanium TDCi models on to the ‘Gentle Leader’ roll-on, roll-off car and truck carrier at Webb Dock in Melbourne.

All examples are powered by Ford’s 2.7-litre turbodiesel V6, which became available in Australia’s upgraded SZ-series Territory following a $232 million investment that, with assistance from the Federal Government’s Green Car Innovation Fund and the Victoria State Government, also included development of the 2.0-litre EcoBoost Falconand the introduction of Liquid-Phase Injection LPG technology for the Falcon.

“This is an exciting day for everyone here at Ford Australia,” said Ford Australia President and CEO Bob Graziano today. “This is a small but important deal and will provide an important base on which to potentially build further exports.

“Building on the success of the Territory in Australia and New Zealand, we expect the Territory Titanium model to do well in Thailand,” he said.

Ford said the Thai-Territory deal followed strong interest from prospective Thai customers when it displayed a seven-seat Territory Titanium TDCi at the Bangkok Motor Show in March as a toe-in-the-water exercise to gauge public interest.

“It’s clear Thai customers want the roominess of a seven-seater and the features available in the Territory Titanium,” said Mr Graziano.

Thailand-bound Territorys will feature a number of changes for that market, including a radio that has been modified to tune in 50kHz increments instead of the 100kHz increments used in Australia and a rear DVD player that was updated to play Thailand region DVDs.

Ford said the six-speed automatic Territory TDCi has already undergone extensive testing over 800,000km to meet the harshest climates, including extreme hot-weather testing in California’s Death Valley and the Australian Outback.

Full text at link

08-25-2012, 03:29 PM
TY for posting this, ausrutherford http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb.gif

I'm really wondering about the Terry-Tree lately.
Not sure HOW but thinking that it's going to be separated from the Falcon
and NOT move to a platform that started life a F-Awd (since friends from down-under are making it increasingly difficult to continue with my CD4+rwd dillusion http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink-new.png)
just that it woulda gone so well with an Aviator sibling imho.

09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm just not too sure about the styling of the Territory, they could have done much better.

Somehow I'm glad that we get the Explorer here in the Philippines, thanks I guess to being a LHD country.
- Ford Philippines, 2012 Manila International Auto Show