World Car of the Year Awards Finalists Announced [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: World Car of the Year Awards Finalists Announced

ausrutherford
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
World Car of the Year Awards Finalists Announced
By: Luke Vandezande
01/02/2012
AutoGuide (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/world-car-of-the-year-awards-finalists-announced.html)

Whittled down from all the cars in the world, a group of 66 automotive journalists from across the globe have released their top 10 picks for the 2012 World Car of the Year and World Performance Car.

That list, which will be further narrowed this month, is initially selected by secret ballot and then submitted for re-evaluation by the panel.

Members then have a chance to rate each car based on overall merit, value, safety, environmental responsibility, emotional appeal, and significance. The top three are then scheduled to be announced March 6 at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show during a press conference.

Full text at link

Focus is up for the award.

2b2
02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
hmm...
Audi A6 Sedan/Avant, Q3; BMW 1 Series, 3 Series; Chevrolet-Opel/Vauxhall Volt-Ampera; Citroen DS5; Ford Focus; LandRover Evoque; Porsche 911; Volkswagen Up!

...I spent a good amount of time sitting in the 3er at our autoshow last weekend - that thing seems HUGE compared to a family member's preBungle 3xi, inside as well as out
so
tho it's harder for me to think of it as a real sportsedan anymore, it might be my favorite "Premium" familycar
(looks like this jury agrees since the 3er isN'T in the performance group...oh wait, is the '3M' out yet?)
unless
the Ampera has a few more Buick-level amenities/ambiance than the Volt (which I *Love*)...

HOW'S ^THAT^ FOR A COMPARO?!?