Focus3 coming in 2010 [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Focus3 coming in 2010

igor
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/561024-focus3-coming-earlier-than-you-think.html

Igor

ndwariga
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
It seems like Ford has finally seen the light. I worry though that unlike GM, ford will not cover all segments.
On the High end GM has the Astra on the low end, the Cobalt/Aveo. Whats Ford's game plan?

SobeSVT
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
It seems like Ford has finally seen the light. I worry though that unlike GM, ford will not cover all segments.
On the High end GM has the Astra on the low end, the Cobalt/Aveo. Whats Ford's game plan?
The Cobalt is as much of a non-player as the current Focus, being a much newer car which as we all know in this case doesn't mean better or more modern. The fact that GM sells the car doesn't mean that there is a segment per se for it.

Ford will have its bases covered as much as Toyota or Honda with its Focus and Fiesta/Verbe. The "low end" can and should be covered by low end versions of those cars. I think it is time to stop building crap.

2b2
09-10-2007, 08:13 PM

Altho not feeling as certain as I once did, still expect the '08 Focus to continue as a fleet car after the C2's begin to arrive ( l old Taurus). Also have trouble believing Wayne will be the plant for any C2's assembly... at least not 'cars'...
(crossreference/repost (http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6954&posted=1#post6954))

wingsnut
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Ford has seen this light some time ago, but they are only now beginning to show it. They could not move the Focus upmarket sooner without something below it, and as the B-car fills that spot, they will.

Diesel/_
09-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Yay!
I think it is time to stop building crap.
I think that time should have come a long time ago, but otherwise
dido. :cool: