Ford Inside News banner

If Ford Were To Add A New Premium Color Option What Should It Be?

• Red

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Purple

• Brown

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Gray

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Black

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • White

Ford Colors: What Do You Like/ Not Like/ What Do You Want to See in the Future?

64K views 267 replies 21 participants last post by  monberl 
#1 · (Edited)
Earlier in the year when I brought up what Ford should do to attract new customers in the 2018 Focus Thread: (Post #208 nextgen Focus merged superthread), I brought up that Ford should offer some more color choices on all of their cars. Here is my color chart I made back in June. In this thread, let's talk colors. What Ford colors do you like, what don't you like? You may also bring up what colors from other car brands you like or don't like. What do you want to see from Ford?

Attachments

#2 ·
Too many tan options look at the Taurus it has 3 different tans/browns to choose from.

I like both blues and think they should be both offered on one model instead of one or the other.

No dark reds really

Ford/Lincoln had an amethyst metallic on the first gen MKZ that I would like to see return it looks great IMO

Pretty much looks black till the sun hits it. Would like to see more colors like that maybe a deep green or blue that does something similar.

#3 ·
Not anymore. The 2017 Taurus has Shadow Black, White Gold, Smoked Quartz, Magnetic, Blue Jeans, Ruby Red, White Platinum, Ingot Silver and Oxford White. In my opinion, too many grays/silvers/blacks. I miss the Caribou color they used to offer on the Taurus. Most of Ford's lineup is that way. I really think Ford should bring back one shade of brown to their car lineup. I also think multiple reds and blues are unnecessary. The Focus in my opinion is too mature for "Blue Candy" now.

That amethyst color is beautiful by the way! I think it would look great on the 2019 Focus!

Interior colors are also welcome in this thread.

Another thing to think about:

What do you think of Lincoln's "Blue Rhapsody", "Final Destination" and Ford's new "Navy Pier" interiors?

#7 ·
What do you think of Lincoln's "Blue Rhapsody", "Final Destination" and Ford's new "Navy Pier" interiors?
I love that they're offering some blue interiors.

Why does Ford insist on offering only black interior for Sport models? Ford also seems to push black interiors for most of it's line-up (IMHO). Living in the always hot and humid Houston area you learn just how hot a black interior can be. Black interiors also show dirt/debris more than other colors. (once again, IMHO)

One exterior color I have to disagree (respectfully of course) with Andrew L is a blue option. I think it might be the Blue Jean but not sure, this blue color is too bright and a bit cartoonish. Ford had a lovely medium blue on the last generation Explorer which was nice. Simple and easy to love, no?
Black = sporty. I agree, though. Ford has had a bad habit lately of making the top trims (sport, Platinum, etc.) black only, but they've been starting to fix that - Fusion and Explorer Platinum models offer a tan interior and give you the Sport engines (at least on Explorer), so you get the light interior and the better engine.

I love Lightning Blue that they have out right now.

Some of the dark blues they've offered over the last few years are too dark for me, but I can see the value in offering a dark blue. But I could support something in between a dark blue and lightning blue.

#5 ·
Why does Ford insist on offering only black interior for Sport models? Ford also seems to push black interiors for most of it's line-up (IMHO). Living in the always hot and humid Houston area you learn just how hot a black interior can be. Black interiors also show dirt/debris more than other colors. (once again, IMHO)

One exterior color I have to disagree (respectfully of course) with Andrew L is a blue option. I think it might be the Blue Jean but not sure, this blue color is too bright and a bit cartoonish. Ford had a lovely medium blue on the last generation Explorer which was nice. Simple and easy to love, no?

#6 · (Edited)
Blue Jeans and Race Red need to go in my opinion. I love Kona Blue. It really suits most of Ford's cars. Ruby red is also very beautiful. That's enough blue and red for me.

As a Part 2 for my chart, I may do interior colors as well. I will also think of some creative names for some new Ford colors for future products.

I'm also really glad Ford changed the base interior color for the Fusion S. It used to be Ebony and now they have a lighter "Stone" color. As for Sport models, I would like to see a grayish-brown two material alcantara/leather, maybe a medium light stone alcantara/leather or a saddle brown alcantara/leather.

The Focus is also going to turn 20 for its next redesign. I would like to see some "birthday/anniversary" interior/exterior colors as well.

Ford Focus 20th Anniversary Edition:

Exterior:
White Platinum
Diamond Black
White Gold
Burgundy Velvet (or Magma Red)
Ruby Red
Caribou

Interior:
"Birthday" Leather- White or brown leather with rainbow dots in the mid section of the seats, chocolate brown or wine red piping and stitching
"Birthday" Cloth- Tan or brown cloth with rainbow dots in the mid section.
"Chocolate" Leather- (like Lincoln's Indulgence)
Black Leather
Wine Red Leather

What do you think?

#9 ·
I love blue interiors as well.

I was getting confused on the dark blue I was thinking of deep impact blue which I really liked. Personally blue is my favorite color so I am OK with all blues really but blue jeans is kind of meh.

Reactions: scford58
#10 ·
2 thingies

(background/'sausages': just now driving home, saw a Mazda Cuv, could NOT tell if it was a CX7 or 9,
yet, when they were new, I had strong preferences for the size of the 7 but the front & rear of the 9,
tho they were so similar, I could mainly only distinguish side-by-side...
) so
Does anyone think ALL models of a Brand should offer the same BASIC colors?
- tho beyond black/white/silver (not technically 'colors' anyway) like the same Red and Blue
? ...Could have (an)other red &or blue as well...

for the interiors:
just-imho, thinking of furniture ... BLACK is too strong for many people
more of a designer or bachelor-pad theme
so imho
the 2 basic colors should be dark-ish blue or tan(NOT beige)
(note: I generally prefer black dashtops with ANY interior for fighting
- glare/reflections
- overkill
)

ps
I'm not a purple person & almost always think that "choice-slot" would be better served with something else ;)
(afaik there's a definite limit to how many colors a paint booth can utilize -- tho dunno how that works)

#11 ·
Yup, I've never understood why different models have different colors......in the sense of why don't they all have the same "base" colors (say a set black, white, red, blue), and then perhaps they could add additional "specialty" colors for certain models.

I guess they do do this for the most part, but it seems there are sometimes odd exceptions.

#15 · (Edited)
The Lincoln MKC had a Purple for its first model year, but purple has fallen out of fashion.

Blue is the color of the year so we are seeing multiple variations from extreme cobalts like Rhapsody Blue to Gray Blues. Gray, Whites, and Blues are generally the color scheme of choice right now. I wish Ford and Lincoln...like the Europeans, offered more variations of black and dark grays or cleaner whites. Generally speaking Ford's color selection in the US is extremely basic with some occasionally garish colors that make no sense, especially in the beige and gold families.

Lincoln definitely needs to work on its color selections, I just wish they'd hire the color designers from Audi, BMW, or Mercedes.

Ford has a Blue Interior color? In what vehicle?

#23 ·
I was in the new local BMW showroom, and they have some great blues out.

#22 ·
Only picture I can find so far of it but I like it!

#21 ·
I really liked Dark Side wish they kept it longer

Reactions: 2b2
#25 ·
Green is the color of the year.

Source: Pantone https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2017
I like green exteriors but mostly darker greens lighter greens look silly on most cars. "Gotta have it green" was one exception that I loved!

As for interiors I don't think I have ever seen a green interior I liked for the most part they are way too gaudy. I think they would work better as a two town like a green and black.

#31 · (Edited)
I love the look of the new Fiesta, But again, hate the limited color options. Not as adventurous as the last generation Fiesta. Here's a 2018 Fiesta configurator:

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/build-and-price-all-new-fiesta#/catalogID/00M/?code=JED

I hate how every trim has a black interior though. It seems Europe loves their black too much. I guess we'll have to wait for the all new Focus to see what a light interior will look like.

At least we have this to get an idea how a Fiesta-like dashboard will look like in a light interior color.

Also, I would like to see Ford experiment with some brown, or gray steering wheels like Mercedes does. Do you think that would work?

#37 ·
I started working on an Interior color chart, like I did exterior colors. I think there needs to be more options for the interior as well, because for some models (Looking at you, Fiesta) the more you option up, you're stuck with Black, until you go to a Titanium. Here's my chart. Even if you option up on whatever trim, light colors are available.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.