Ford Inside News banner

Speculation:2010 Ford Focus Sketch

27K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MERCURYSABLE08 
#1 ·
FoMoCoNews.Com Exclusive:2010 Ford Focus Sketch

While we have no means to ascertain if this particular sketch foretells the future of the 2010 Ford Focus, we think it's probably not too far off the mark. Considering Ford’s Verve-fication of its small car line up, the new nose seems entirely plausible, and the D-pillar seems to be all the rant and rave nowadays.
As in the past, there might be slight modifications between North America and Euro, rest of the world Focus. Mulally recently officially confirmed that the next-generation Focus and Fusion would be global vehicles, sharing platforms with their counterparts across the pond. This will be in addition to the B-class car that's coming in the form of the new European Verve small car that will slot below the Focus in Ford's U.S. lineup.

See less See more
#7 ·
I like it. Atractive, agressive, distinctive....i like the strong caracter line that start in the front of the doors....The rest is a super-Verve.
The taillaigths have a Focus trademark: are located in the D-pillar...very nice

#8 ·
The good thing is that this Focus will be shared with the US.
That is the great thing. Right now, the best argument against the current US Focus is the Mazda 3, especially if you drive the two back to back, as I did recently.
I like it. Attractive, aggressive, distinctive....i like the strong character line that start in the front of the doors....The rest is a super-Verve.
The taillaigths have a Focus trademark: are located in the D-pillar...very nice
I noticed that immediately, as well. The family resemblance to the Verve, the use of common design ideas, was to be expected, and as with the Verve, I like it. GM will have to outdo the new Malibu when it updates the Cobalt and G5 just to keep up with the leading interior view offered on that Auto Express article. This is how you convince people to buy you cars for life, by dazzling them with a entry level car that doesn't look cheap. As long as it works, that is. Really, though, I recall Car and Driver's long ago reasoning about the price caps placed on their 10 Best awards at the time(mid '80s). It was along the lines that anyone can build a great car with a (at the time) $50K price tag. It's the truer measure of a company when it builds a great car for $15K or so.

When people buy this, do you really think they'll run off to Toyota? Not if thy have any taste, any sense of style.

#9 ·
I recently looked at the new Corolla and the price was a shoker. Can you imagine a $22K corolla without Navigation? I think if Ford can match the prices of the current Focus, as in keep it in the $17K fully loaded with smaller 4 Bangers, like lets say 1.4 liter with spoolers, the end of the civic and Corolla would be at hand.

#11 ·
Any vehicle that is created from the Verve model is going to be extremely hot. I hope there are more vehicles that look hot like the verve. In my opinion, Ford needs to bring more vehicles from their European and Australian markets to the United States, since it seems that the public like something that looks totally unique to its own. At least if this comes along, I hope that it becomes a great icon like the Fusion and Milan. Maybe more technology from the Volvo brand will help them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.