Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln's New Facebook + VIDEOS!

26K views 81 replies 12 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·

Lincoln said on its Facebook page that they will reveal a new look later this week. Stay tuned to Lincoln's Facebook page to find out what it is.

- - - - - - - - - -
edit by 2b2:
new title since this thread now has the videos & links
Hope you don't mind, N.R.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Lincoln to post a new look on Facebook

considering that Lincoln/facebook just said that,
"We're not releasing any new product details just yet for competitive reasons."
http://www.facebook.com/Lincoln/posts/10150194502302982

I don't have much hope that their fb site will offer anything for us internet-Lincoln-followers

- - - - - - - - - -
edit
BOY WAS I WRONG!!

#3 ·

Probably just a new look to the FB Lincoln page

#5 ·

considering that Lincoln/facebook just said that,
"We're not releasing any new product details just yet for competitive reasons."
http://www.facebook.com/Lincoln/posts/10150194502302982

I don't have much hope that their fb site will offer anything for us internet-Lincoln-followers
They can still show a concept of what the future design will be.

#6 ·

They can still show a concept of what the future design will be.
yeahBUT
if they're keeping with Mr.M's POV that concepts are only ok if they're planning to build them eventually
(barring hideous mistakes like the "Abomination"/"C"concept);
to show a concept would mean to release new product news

...UNLESS, they treat Lincoln differently (yeah right
)

#9 ·

I was thinking the same thing regarding the MKS being next in line for an update. Hopefully they don't go "safe". They really need to make it more competitive against the Audi A6/8 and MB E-Class... as well as a truly viable reason to be chosen over the Taurus. ;-)

#11 ·

5-10 years????? What the ****????

I asked a question on there something along the lines of "Will there ever be a Lincoln LS replacement or a vehicle like it in terms of driving dynamics?"

#12 ·

That is a long time. I think they will really make people satisfied in the coming years driving people away from German and Asian luxury brands. I think American luxury will be back the way it was in the old days. Cadillac will be back also. Hopefully Chrysler renames the Chrysler division Imperial. Chryslers were never very luxurious. Imperials competed directly to Cadillac and Lincoln. I think that will happen in the coming years as Chrysler works out their financial issues.

#13 ·

5-10 years????? What the ****????
That is a long time...
the original timeline they gave (was it 4 to 7 years for the "7" models?) didn't make much sense to me
and makes practically NO sense now
since
as far as I can determine
EVERY Lincoln except the just MCE'd MKX & the Navi ought to be New NEXT YEAR!
including an Explorer-based Aviator
so
if that's ^ correct
then other than some tweaks by Max Wolff, those models are already into the firming up suppliers and testing-whatever stage
so-2
the 5-10 years verbiage is more about Lincoln's direction than anything concrete(or metallic) imho
sorta like planning your grandchildren's education while your kids aren't in school yet?
just imho

edit
thought of another of saying it
They're working on the unseen/unfinished CD4's major MCE ( 5 yers) and its REPLACEMENT Platform(s) (10 yrs)(guessing: hydrogen, smart roads, global requirements, etc)

#14 ·

MKS will be differentiated only slightly more in this next update. Expect new front / rear and interior enhancements and features. This is only a freshening, albeit with healthy engineering updates.

I love the MKS. It has a few rough edges, which should be addressed, but I could care less that Taurus offers a premium SHO that cuts close to it. All new will take care of more differentiation, not this one.

But I expect it to be one of the best cars in it's class for the money, both in luxury and performance.

What else can touch this thing at $47K?

#16 ·

I have found new 2012 MKS spy shots! Here's the link. I don't know if this is a photoshop or not. Autoblog usually never does that.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2012-lincoln-mks/
Sigh. It's not going to be a 2012 model. Try 2013.

MKS will be differentiated only slightly more in this next update. Expect new front / rear and interior enhancements and features. This is only a freshening, albeit with healthy engineering updates.

I love the MKS. It has a few rough edges, which should be addressed, but I could care less that Taurus offers a premium SHO that cuts close to it. All new will take care of more differentiation, not this one.

But I expect it to be one of the best cars in it's class for the money, both in luxury and performance.

What else can touch this thing at $47K?
I think the MKS EcoBoost with the sport appearance package is a very attractive large sedan. My only issue with the current MKS is the interior. It's decent, but could be much improved. Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

I also agree with you pricing. The main problem with the MKS has been product positioning (marketing)...or lack thereof.

#17 ·

I have found new 2012 MKS spy shots! Here's the link. I don't know if this is a photoshop or not. Autoblog usually never does that.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2012-lincoln-mks/
Woah I've never seen those before! How did you find this?

I think the MKS EcoBoost with the sport appearance package is a very attractive large sedan. My only issue with the current MKS is the interior. It's decent, but could be much improved. Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

I also agree with you pricing. The main problem with the MKS has been product positioning (marketing)...or lack thereof.
I agree with the wood trim on the center stack. I also think the rear heated seat controls should be moved to the doors instead of under the rear vents

#19 ·

Sigh. It's not going to be a 2012 model. Try 2013...

...My only issue with the current MKS is the interior... ...Really if they would just offer a wood grain option on the center stack (where the controls are), like they have on the MKZ, I think it would be much better.

2012cy/2013my - potato/tomahto
&
afaik the MKS is getting MLT so a revised interior SHOULD accompany that imho
(tho in addition to *real* wood, I'd like to see something hightech - maybe anodized metal?)

What do you mean by 'pricing'? too high? or .....?
&
'product positioning??? -- my only complaint is calling the MKS a 'flagship'
imho they'd need to stretch it onto the MKT's wlb for that
(tho I'd keep the current size one, suitably re-styled, as a sportier "personal sedan" for younger appeal

#21 ·

2012cy/2013my - potato/tomahto
&
afaik the MKS is getting MLT so a revised interior SHOULD accompany that imho
(tho in addition to *real* wood, I'd like to see something hightech - maybe anodized metal?)

What do you mean by 'pricing'? too high? or .....?
&
'product positioning??? -- my only complaint is calling the MKS a 'flagship'
imho they'd need to stretch it onto the MKT's wlb for that
(tho I'd keep the current size one, suitably re-styled, as a sportier "personal sedan" for younger appeal
I don't think it's priced too high. I think it gets a little pricy on the high end, but low and mid range is fine.

As for positioning, I have a few issues. First off, top calling it a flagship. It isn't Lincoln's flagship, the MKT is. Also the lack of marketing in general is a problem. I would suffice to say some "car guys" are not even aware that you can get the EcoBoost in the MKS.

#22 ·

^ ok/ty - we're on the same page
'cept imho Lincoln doesN'T HAVE a flagship
not since the TC 'use by' date expired
&
forgot to mention latest crazy idea of squishing a 5.0v8 into the MKT & plus-sized MKS, top trim only = SHO on steroids
ltd production to the point of requiring a LOTTERY is fine

#23 ·

I really think it is still ugly. I don't even like the body shape of it still. I think this needs an overhaul more than a restyle. I doubt Max Wolff had anything to do with it. I think this will probably be the last of the split wing grille disaster(hopefully).

#24 ·

I've just about had it with Lincoln. They've been dragging their feet for years. They can't even get the styling right. The one thing I've noticed is that the vehicles with the split wing grille design aren't that popular. The sales drop each year. Cadillac is way more successful and have better design. Lincoln doesn't even have a performance series. They are the only one without one. I'll have to say the golden years were the 50's, 60's and 70's. It seemed to go downhill from there. This has been a problem for Lincoln for years. They said 10 yrs ago they will extend the lineup. It is bull. I would rather buy the Cadillac XTS in a heartbeat than that ugly MKS. Cadillacs have style. Lincoln's styling reminds me of a Kia or a Hyundai. What would you rather have a Cadillac XTS or a Lincoln MKS?

#25 ·

These spy photos maybe fake. There isn't even an article that comes with the pics. All I did was type in 2012 MKS and that is what showed up. This looked too goofy anyway. On Lincoln's FAQ page, the question was "Will we see something new? Anything new?" Lincoln said their plans will unfold in the next 5 to 10 years. So I don't know. This won't boost their sales though. The Cadillac XTS will probably defeat the MKS' sales. Lincoln's lineup is extremely hazy at this point.

#26 ·

nruggiero,
not trying to change your mind - MY opinion JUST changed the other day...and not for the really good reasons...just got a feeling
&
tho I liked the MKS when it came out (calling it "quietly glamorous") imho it has lost that glamour over time & needed a major MCE at LEAST a year ago
AND
I hate this new front sooooo MUCH (more below**)
but first I want to quote what BORG who occasionally posts here, wrote earlier today elsewhere
BORG said:
Mercury's quick dissolution was a hostile act on the part of Ford which struck hard at the Lincoln/Mercury dealerships. Ideally (for the dealerships), Mercury would not be dropped prior to the end of the current-gen products life-cycle, no further product investment would have been necessary beyond keeping their two volume/conquest sellers (Milan and Mariner) going until it came time to launch the new cars (2012). These are products that brought in new FoMoCo customers, and they will loose at least 60% (according to recent surveys) of them because they have no interest in the blue-oval. There is n o guarantee they would have stayed for Lincoln products either.

Lincoln primarily needs a Mariner successor, and I bet a stylish Lincoln CUV would eat up most of Mariner's sales. The Milan loss is hard to deal with, but Lincoln has promised us a C-segment car that was originally intended for Mercury so that should bring a price point near the mid 20s, bumping up volume further.

In the end, I think Lincoln will be able to replace most of Mercury's volume, but they are drowning their dealerships to weed them out first.
that ^ 'mercenary' attitude by Fomoco
makes me wonder if the spyshot frontend is even real** :yikes:
or just another mechanism to DESTROY LINCOLN DEALERS FAITH & MAKE THEM QUIT
that's how horrible I think it is = deliberately bad
so
here's a very quickie chop (still with most of that ugly grille)
ANY BETTER?
< click
AND
if it IS...with hardly any thought by an amateur . . .
:shakes head:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.