New Audi SQ5

Tags
audi sq5
3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TurboS40 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The Audi Q5 is targeted at the MKX with the 110in wheel base vs MKX with 111in wheel base. The MKC has a 106in wheelbase. But the new MKX should be a larger more powerful MKC, offering FWD, AWD and Hybrid to better compete with with the RX and Q5 available drivetrains.

But going one further by offering and Energi model with optional inductive charging. I see Ford launching the new MKC and the MKX in the same way as the Fusion. Showcasing the gasoline, hybrid and Energi versions all at once for greater impact.

Which means we should also see a Edge Hybrid and Energi model also. The MKC Energi will be the Lincoln equivalent of the C-MAX Energi.

#4 ·
The Audi Q5 is targeted at the MKX with the 110in wheel base vs MKX with 111in wheel base. The MKC has a 106in wheelbase. But the new MKX should be a larger more powerful MKC, offering FWD, AWD and Hybrid to better compete with with the RX and Q5 available drivetrains.

But going one further by offering and Energi model with optional inductive charging. I see Ford launching the new MKC and the MKX in the same way as the Fusion. Showcasing the gasoline, hybrid and Energi versions all at once for greater impact.

Which means we should also see a Edge Hybrid and Energi model also. The MKC Energi will be the Lincoln equivalent of the C-MAX Energi.

Will Ford give us a MK X performance model ? The Audi justifies an Sport version for the MK X

#5 ·
The problem with Audi models is that all looks almost identical! Only the size is different!!!
I don't have much problem with the fact that Audi's all carry a familiar family look. My issue is that when it comes to their SUV/CUVs the look is just bland. I like the look of their sedans, absolutely love the coupes, but the CUVs, yuck. For Audi money I don't just want quality and reliability, I want emotion!

If the MKX looks as good as the MKC then Lincoln is, at least from a style perspective the front runner. I think the only CUV that comes close is the Evoque, and even then the MKC is better looking!

#6 ·
I don't have much problem with the fact that Audi's all carry a familiar family look. My issue is that when it comes to their SUV/CUVs the look is just bland. I like the look of their sedans, absolutely love the coupes, but the CUVs, yuck. For Audi money I don't just want quality and reliability, I want emotion!

If the MKX looks as good as the MKC then Lincoln is, at least from a style perspective the front runner. I think the only CUV that comes close is the Evoque, and even then the MKC is better looking!
I agree with you. the Evoque and the upcoming MK C are the best looking small crossovers in the market. I hope the MKC powerplants will be as good as the style of the car. And i hope that some kind of customization could be possible for this Lincoln

#7 ·

That's the word i'm looking for ----> EMOTION! The problems with vehicles these days are lack of emotion, passion, romance and desire for something different. Something special that will take notice when you drive by. Look at some of the exciting designs from the 1950's through the some of the 1980's. Style, excitement and all the right contours. Seeing an Eldorado Biarritz or Continental Mark IV Cartier oozing down the road. They didn't need any explaining. You knew what they were. Can the same be said today about some vehicles?

Vehicles today are all about safety issues etc and all that. The designs have to have higher hoods for pedestrian safety and roundy-ness plus all look similar which lacks distinction of the Brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.