Ford Inside News banner

When you See A Prius or Lexus ES on your Rear View Mirror- Give Way or Else

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MaxLegroom 
#1 ·
Toyota Prius, Lexus ES studied for unintended acceleration

Lexus ES:

"Federal regulators have stepped up an investigation into 98,454 Lexus ES 350 sedans after amassing 40 reports of unintended acceleration, including eight crashes and 12 injuries, along with cases in which drivers said their cars stopped only after an accident."

Detroit Free Press

Toyota Prius:

"One Prius owner with only 600 miles on the clock told ConsumerAffiars of his car experiencing 'uncontrollable acceleration,' and another reported that after hitting a large bump in the road, traction control flared up before the brakes cut and the car started to lunge forward.

Autoblog

#6 ·
so far - repeat: SO FAR - the Thunderthighs is the one you don't want to drive behind...
...falling-off tailgates, ya know :eek: ;) :eek:
Thunderthighs...lol.:D That's what a friend of mine called one of the girls in the video for Toni Basil's Mickey.

Keep this in mind. Many Priuses are bought by older people. This was what caused Audi's problems in the U.S. over this issue. They went from driving a Grand Marquis or something like that, and the different pedal placement caused most of the problems. In fact, it was those incident that brought those shift interlocks into being.

I own a Prius, and haven't had a mention of that problem yet. Could be that a written notice is in the mail, which my family would have to send me, since I'm in Florida at school for a new job. What will surely catch me out one of these days is the traction control. I've had times when I've hit a bit of something slippery, like a railroad crossing, and it cut the power just when I needed to keep going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.