Ford Inside News banner

Mercury Milan pricing announced.

12K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
"When the 2010 Ford Fusion and 2010 Mercury Milan launch this month, they'll be priced at $19,995 and $21,905, respectively, Ford Motor Co announced today. A hybrid version of both produces mpg ratings of 41 city and 36 mpg highway -- the best in its class. To boot, buyers of either are eligible for the highest $3400 federal tax credit on their upcoming federal income taxes."

http://wot.motortrend.com/6453248/a...-19995-2010-mercury-milan-at-21905/index.html

#3 ·
Very reasonable pricing. I really hope these cars are a big success especially the Milan, God knows Mercury needs a big hit right now.

I look forward to seeing these cars on the road.
same here, as a current milan owner i cant say that im jumping to get a new one, they look nice but i think mine is nicer outside. i like the new interior alot and finally glad to see that got rid of the green lighting my car has for the ice blue. I do have to say that the Fusion sport in that sport blue color is really appealing to me, i think they did one **** of a job on the fusion. i wish they would have focus that much on the Milan.

regardless ill get a new car this year i hope but i think im just going mustang or camaro.

#4 ·
^ I'm dying to see the new Milan in person in a few weeks (at MOST I hope)
think it's very much a car I can't really judge from pix... ...tho I'm hotlinking a couple Live Autoshow pix I just found at MotorTrend showing the Milan in Tuxedo Black :)

think it's starting to feel a bit like the de-chromed customized 1950 LeadSleds ;)
ie so stealthy, it's HOT :)

oh!
attaching pricing charts

Attachments

#7 ·
Ya know
I had weird lighting & reflections earlier (good excuse)
and was in a hurry (uh huh)
You're RIGHT - that's Atlantis Green :)

which is even better cuz haven't ever seen a Milan in that color before
Well, I considered the Atlantis Green when I ordered a Fusion Hybrid, but decided that it would look too dark on the road. (I drive in the dark a lot, and therefore also did not want a black or a dark blue.) It looks that, indeed, for my own preferences, it is too dark. (I ended up ordering a light blue.)

#8 ·
Ya know
I had weird lighting & reflections earlier (good excuse)
and was in a hurry (uh huh)
You're RIGHT - that's Atlantis Green :)

which is even better cuz haven't ever seen a Milan in that color before
The 2010 Milan I recently saw at the Auto Show was Atlantis Green & I have to say I'm a big fan of it. I think it looks great.

Although, I still have to say I'm not much of a fan of the Milan's new interior, because to me it just doesn't have that upscale look to it. I hate to say it but in the tan color the interior almost looks cheap. I Thought after seeing it in person my opinion would change, but unfortunately it didn't.

#11 ·
^ Well, that's your opinion & I respect that, but I really think that color interior looks great & I personally would love to see a color like that make it's way to the Milan's & Mariner's interior.

Now I will 100% agree with you about the Milan's interior looking best in black or cashmere/black. I have never liked the camel colored interiors.

#12 ·
I hate light colored interiors, i dont mind the light colored inserts on the seats or door panels those are sharp but light colored rug is a nightmare. My Milan is Black on Black. The black interior has that elegance to it and the silver accents on it make it look real sharp.

When do the Milans start hitting the showrooms? i would like to see one in person, i love that Atlantis Green.

#13 ·
actually I'm not personally** a huge fan of the yellowish upholstery frequently seen in "premium" euro cars (and MKT's 'Canyon' interior?)
but
think ^it^ and the ruddy-natural adobe/terracotta (don't know what the 2010 MKS's is called/Taurus's "Umber") NEED to be Offered across-the-board on all Mercury-Lincoln vehicles
! as One Of the choices !
&
kinda think that's what they've been aiming at doing for quite a while
since
"Stone" & "Cashmere" are actually pretty good substitutes for "BoringBeige" already!

Oh!
what I meant to include with the original Alfa reference was
- that the detailing was as much or more my point as the color
- that the Alfa's interior design (minus some of the centerstack) IS surprisingly close to the Milan's imho
- & the fabric Alfa pic (attached cuz I hadn't re-found the URL NetCarShow of course DOH!)
think Mercury Needs to offer THE BEST fabric interiors (leather sometimes creeps me out) sort of a corollary to Lincoln's Bridge of Weir

oops/edit
I used to sell furniture (BeverlyHills adjacent) and a lot of potential Mercury customers there, prefer less-than-perfectly-practical upholstery - - got a great 'line' from another salesman:
"If you respect the fabric..."
ie if the LOOK & FEEL is important to you...
& for many people IT was
&
it's one choice < repeating myself - I'll stop

** silver, titanium-gray, black, (steel-or-many)blues for me - maaaaaybe a charcoal/umber interior

Attachments

#15 ·
That butter colored interior on the Alfa sucks. You would spend more time cleaning and scrubbing than you would enjoying the car.

Milan interior has always looked best either in black or cashmere/black. The camel is an odd shade and hard to like in my opinion. I will reserve judgement on the 2010 interior until I see a Black Leather or Voga car.
I agree with you :) oh by the way is there going to be a Mercury version of the new Ford Kuga ????

#16 ·
About the light colored interiors. If youve even been in the southwest, you enjoy thm alot better than dark interiors...trust me. I lived in Arizona for 7 years...you want light colored cars and interiors.

And Mercury Kuga...Wescoent says there will be though nothing conirmed officially yet.

#17 ·
About the light colored interiors. If youve even been in the southwest, you enjoy thm alot better than dark interiors...trust me. I lived in Arizona for 7 years...you want light colored cars and interiors.
Indeed. I live in California, which is a bit cooler, but given that it can still get hot in the summer, I opted for the medium light stone. (I would have preferred camel if it were available for the hybrid, but it was not.) I think I'd have been asking for trouble if I got the charcoal -- it might feel like charcoal in the summer...

#19 ·

And Mercury Kuga...Wescoent says there will be though nothing conirmed officially yet.

What? what does the Kuga have to do with anything?

#22 ·
If I got this right! I can't get a V-6 Milan with cloth interior? I guess then that Mercury lost me as customer. What a joke. I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
I hope either
- it's a mistake in the OG (I checked)
or
- was planned that way when gas prices were higher &or seemed overly unstable
AND
can easily be added to the product mix, as a SpecialEdition is nothing else
(if you see this, djhogie
Go Ahead and tell Fomoco EXACTLY WHAT EXT/INT COLORS & options YOU WANT

...dataminers have visited us before)

made a vow not to say some thoughts until after the NYC Autoshow
but
also said I'm making a LIST...
...this is ON it!!!
(lack of an emoticon is NOT to be construed as a Lack of Emotion)

#23 ·
that's interesting and a bit surprising to me, LMdealer,
tho with the new 2.5 4cyl much less so, I guess
Was it your experience that there's been a clear difference between Premier & base buyers?
&
What would you think of cloth/leather Not being a main distinction, ie having a LeatherPkg & a PremiumPkg instead of just having 'everything' combined in a "with/without" trim-level split? (which is sort of how it seems to me so far)

here in Reno I see a LOT of Fusions, not so many Milans.
I'll have to start checking and keeping track of how many are v6's

#24 ·
THANKS for the insight, LMdealer!!!

guess I'm a bit out of date when it comes to just how 'small' of an engine (more powerful now) is most popular for a mainstream family sedan
&
re-/specifically;
what do you think about making the LeatherOption stand-alone?

Imho, Mercury is the perfect brand** to re-intro the idea of top-end fabric interiors
maybe/sometime using the rather-Euro theme of partLeather/partFabric

(might be my furniture-selling background
but
it used to be that MUCH less than half of upscale clients automatically equated Leather with Luxury...
...Leather was really more like the decor equivalent of 'high-tech'.
Think there's a wide demographic, of all ages, that would prefer fabrics)

**perfect in soooo many ways :)

#25 ·
re-thanks, LMdealer!
can I (now) ask how the take rate (right term?) was for the Milan's Alcantara Appearance Pkg?

it'd be interesting to know how the Fusion's models sell
Thumper, you out there?
&
a Fusion was parked near me today - the wheels told me it was an SEL right away - walked over & it was a v6 :doh:
forget to notice/remember if it was Awd
(got caught up admiring its Dk. Ink Blue paint :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.