Ford Inside News banner

Speculation: Volvo XC60 Renderings Drop Ahead Of Geneva

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RG59061 
#1 ·
The Geneva Motor Show is just around the corner, but that can't come soon enough for those waiting to see Volvo's latest Crossover to join the Flagship XC90...the production version of the popular XC60 Concept...I should know, I am one of them!

Well it seems that Larson from over at World Car Fans.com, the same bloke who penned the illustrations of the Jaguar XJ Flagship and the Jaguar based 911 Fighter shown on Left Lane News has taken a hand at a computer chop of the upcoming XC60...and I think he may get this one pretty damn close. Tell me what you think?

As Always...Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

See less See more
#3 ·
The only thing I'm wondering about is the slope of the hatch...
had a convo with a Volvo wagon owner way back when
& she loved the very vertical, square kind
said it gave her more room to load transport cages for the dogs she bred.
&
kinda think (in my ideal lineups) that the XC's should be like that too
&
a swoopier 5-door (my "P" series) could exist happily alongside ^those^ for the more (or different) 'lifestyle' customers

edit/ps
just saw a post saying an announcement/reveal is coming on Feb 20

edit2/pps
from WorldCarFans.com
"Volvo announced that their brand new Volvo XC60 crossover will make its world premiere at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show on March 4."

#4 ·
Fantastic! Very Volvo and very modern and certainly a much welcomed departure from the ultraconservative design theme introduced with the S80.

Great job!
Is that the current S80...or the previous generation? In all honesty...I greatly prefer the new S80...as well as the new C30.

#9 ·
translation by Andonis @ GMI (most of it anyway, I think)
Andonis said:
so it says

its safe and exciting

it will be shown on march the 4th in geneva

volvo plans to sell anually 50K xc60s. the biggest markets will be by 2010 usa, germany, great brit, russia and china. its a powerful, sporty car, the volvo stepped a bit higher in terms of design..bla bla

and among the biggest innovations is the City Safety system, this will help the driver avoiding fender benders at low speeds. it would automatically hit the brakes not to get into an accident.

initially it would be available with 3 engine choices
285 hp turbocharged with T6
and two diesels (185 or 163hp) turbodiesel D5

all of them will be AWD

it would be assembled in genk, belgium
the sales start in europe in the second half of 2008, in us beginning of 2009
bolding by me :)

#10 ·
This is sounding more and more promising!

I really like the 285bhp Turbocharged Inline-Six...that will offer plenty of horsepower, but more importantly, a huge amount of low end torque which is great for off the line starts with a load. It is a safe assumption that we will not see either Diesel here in the United Stated. Maybe a non-turbocharged Inline-Six for a possible base/entry model...or maybe even just a Turbocharged Inline-Five.

I do like the looks of the interior especially! It has the layout and flow of the concept, but feels more like Ikea instead of iPod. It is just more warm and contemporary and looks even better now that the Navigation screen has been incorporated into the dash, versus the former pop-up system. The back end though is where the best design came in...it matches the concept very closely and is just stunning!

I am very anxious now to see this incredible crossover here in the United States...as soon as possible!

RG59061

#11 ·
Alright gang,

More images of the new Volvo XC60 have leaked out ahead of its Geneva Debut. These give us even better views of of this Volvo's stunning exterior and its evolution of the Volvo DNA.

These pictures come from my friends at Left Lane News.com.

RG59061

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.