Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln Places 1st in Customer Satisfaction

12K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
http://www.thecarconnection.com/new...in-customer-satisfaction-acura-vw-not-so-much

August 23, 2016
Over the past few years, car owners have become increasingly dissatisfied with their vehicles. But a new study from the American Customer Satisfaction Index suggests that for most automakers, consumer sentiment has made a turn for the better.

ACSI's 2016 Automobile Report polled 3,776 auto customers, asking them to evaluate their experiences with a wide range of car brands, using a scale of 0 (not at all satisfied) to 100 (over the moon). Most of the questions consumers were asked had to do with a car's design or performance--how it looked on the inside and outside, how it handled on the road, and so on. However, there were a couple of questions that related more directly to the buying experience, like how easy the automaker's website was to navigate and how pleased respondents were with their warranties.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is excellent news for Lincoln, as it prepares a media blitz with the new Continental. I have also heard that there is an abundance of praise about to be shared, once reviews of the updated MKZ are released. In total, I hope we can expect to see sales easily topping 10K / month by the EOY.

Very exciting news for Lincoln fans.

Shame about Cadillac though, falling well below average. I wonder what is plaguing them.

#5 ·
This is excellent news for Lincoln, as it prepares a media blitz with the new Continental. I have also heard that there is an abundance of praise about to be shared, once reviews of the updated MKZ are released. In total, I hope we can expect to see sales easily topping 10K / month by the EOY.

Very exciting news for Lincoln fans.

Shame about Cadillac though, falling well below average. I wonder what is plaguing them.
CT6 finally cracked 900 in it's third full sales month for June, then back to 800 in July. Unlike CT6 that's designed to appear bigger, bolder, louder in design, it also has the longer hood that makes it more difficult to drive/park(even with driving aids), especially for older men and females. Both who will be the foundational consumer for a full size luxury sedan. Another aspect that younger consumers don't think about is mobility. For many of the older consumers, climbing in and falling out of a CUV/SUV is not an option. This is where I think Lincoln and Ford do very well, and that is with paying attention to the whole consumer. By making the New Continental easy to drive, easy to enter and exit, and allows those older consumers with varying levels of mobility issues to maintain their dignity.

My first year 2017 initial sales target for New Continental is to exceed 15,435....which was the last full sales year 2002 for the previous model, then approach 40k for 2017.

#3 ·
They concentrated on chasing BMW, instead of the entire customer experience.

While product is important.................. luxury is about the entire experience. Nobody should feel like they are buying their luxury vehicle from their local Ford or Chevy store. Luxury should feel as such, whether it is Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, or BMW / Mercedes.

#4 ·
This article coming out is great news for Lincoln, esp with the Contiental and MKZ being fresh introductions. Hopefully it correlates with more sales, and then with the new Navi coming also, Lincoln should be in good shape with its first makeover phase.

After that D6 with the introduction of a V8 would be nice (v8s still hold significant meaning in Luxury vehicles)

#6 ·
Excellent points bloggin. Perhaps many of today's traditional luxury customers are changing, and placing less emphasis on form over function. Perhaps suicide doors and long hoods represent an era they would rather depart from. Perhaps function equally balanced with form is the new thing.

I think Lincoln was wise to carefully understand this new customer, and adapt to it.

And perhaps things will come full circle again in the future, and old is new again.

Dang, what a tough business to crack and lead in. One could lead all others in engineering prowess and quality and technology, but fall behind in style, and sales suffer. This is not Rocket Science after all. No, much more difficult. Rocket Science does not have to account for constantly changing customer demands and expectations, especially in style.

#7 ·
encore...

Survey: Lincoln owners most satisfied with their cars

Detroit News Washington Bureau

Keith Laing - August 23, 2016

...Consumer satisfaction with cars is on the rise, and customers are most satisfied with Ford Motor Co.’s Lincoln brand, according to a survey by the Ann Arbor-based American Customer Satisfaction Index.

Lincoln led the pack with a score of 87 out of 100, which was 5 percent higher than its 2015 approval rating. Honda ranked second with an 8 percent gain to 86, while Toyota and BMW each rose 4 percent, putting them in a tie for third place at 85.

Among the three Michigan-based auto companies, Ford Motor Co. outpaced its domestic competition by receiving a satisfaction score of 84. General Motors Co. received a satisfaction score of 81 and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles received a 78...

#9 ·
I compared an AWD CT6 vs the AWD Conti. The CT6 is $82k+ fully loaded vs Conti Reserve fully loaded with my options is $72+k and the Conti Select Plus fully loaded was $65+k. I realize the 2.7L Twin Turbo is the highest engine on the Select series, but I think 380 torque is plenty vs the Caddy at 400 and Reserve Conti 3.0 at 400. The Caddy also weighs 150 more lbs than the Conti and has less front and rear leg room. Don't y'all think the 2.7 Twin Turbo should do fine at moving the Conti fast? 380 is a lot of torque.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
The 2.7 seems to be really good, so much so that it might be alil to close to the 3.0, as far as outright output is concerned (if 400hp/to stands which I don't think it will).

As far as the price differences between the CT6 and contiental, I think that even with the roughly 10k price difference, the Contiental will still have more content/features while costing much less

#15 ·
I have not seen official Continental weights, but here is the CT6 weight range,

3,647 to 4,385 lbs

Keep in mind, that on the lower end they are offering an I4, which Lincoln wisely does not.

So depending on what trim combo you get, it is entirely possible, as I am expecting the Conti to come in much lighter than the MKS.

#19 ·
Bell, understood, but I was mostly speaking to a general audience who will undoubtedly place a large emphasis on final weight. It's forum fodder, for sure.

As for Lincoln not using aluminum, I am surprised you did not know this Conti was essentially a stretched existing platform, as a sort of interim until all new platforms underpin it. It would of course make no sense to invest too heavily into it.

#23 · (Edited)
I can't wait to see real life HD picks of the Contiental in the wild as well as how it stacks up to the CT6, G80, S80, etc and I'm confident that it will fair well.

I think the 3.0 output will be around 420 hp/tq to sit at the top of the Lincoln lineup, and I think that in maybe year 3, the Fwd model will be discontinued and AWD will be standard across the board. Also for the second model year, I think Lincoln will add a back seat tech package that feature ls tablets. (all assumptions I might add)

#29 · (Edited)
I love me a coyote V8 as well, and Lincoln would be wise to offer one at some point, although it really needs a specific vehicle. The Navigator is targeting nearly 500ftlbs for the TTV6, so where exactly would a V8 fit in that offers far less torque? Base level? It sounds good, but if you are trying to differentiate your luxury brand from a V8 Expedition, you are fighting an uphill battle by mirroring it. And although the 5.0L makes great power in a Mustang with lots of air flow and loud exhaust. But muzzle that for required Lincoln levels of quiet, and power goes way down. Turbo engines don't have asthma problems when corked for NVH.

So what is left? A FWD based Continental? Won't happen.

I think Lincoln has plans for one eventually, but has to be very specific for the application, beginning with the right chassis configuration.

And remember, one of the key reasons for reducing body weight in a NAvi, is efficiency. A big V8 won't help that cause, especially when you start with a less efficient engine.

#34 · (Edited)
Lincoln's lines fall into place
AutomotiveNews

Jens Meiners - September 24, 2016

...David Woodhouse...spoke with Automotive News correspondent Jens Meiners...

..."The strategy is rooted in four words that help to separate us from a competitive luxury pack: Beauty, gliding, human and sanctuary -- this is quiet luxury. We are built on a foundation of beautiful products and meaningful client experiences."

Will the sloping shoulder line, upward kink and dropping rear end of the Continental become signature elements of Lincoln?

The elements you mention I see as Continental signatures, especially the falling line to a separated rear haunch. The most important aspects that will influence other Lincolns are great proportions, upper scale relaxed confidence and elegant beauty. One aspect important to convey confident beauty is what I call the "in-flight gesture," namely that the car sits well over its rear wheels in a level or falling attitude to the rear. This is something evident in MKZ and Continental and something I am definitely keen to build upon.

How close is the Navigator Concept to the real thing?

The Navigator Concept is a significant indication to what our next Navigator will be. Gull-wing doors and concertina steps -- perhaps not.

You have some powerful engines in the lineup. Is sportiness a strong factor in Lincoln design?

Effortless performance is part of our Lincoln mantra relating to "quiet luxury." Some have chosen to chase the European luxury manufacturers, but there is a cold, machine-like quality with that path. By contrast, Lincoln is about warm, inviting comforts, amenities and intuitive effortlessness. Our customers want the performance, but it's not the only factor in choosing a luxury automaker. That's why a Continental will have 400-hp available but with so many other attributes. Our clients get a full experience.

What makes Lincoln specifically American?

Lincoln, like the most credible luxury brands, has a definitive and iconic heritage. My favorite quote from someone who owned and loved his Lincoln is Frank Lloyd Wright when he proclaimed the 40s Continental to be "the most beautiful car in the world." Our design language is about exuberant proportions; horizontal emphasis; clean, restrained execution; long flowing lines, harmony and balance. It is these very ingredients that I believe are American. We've studied past products and the competition, analyzing the vehicles that have the most elegant ratios. This influences how we design today, and what we'll be doing in the future.

Do tastes in China and the U.S. differ, and if so is this reflected in Lincoln design?

Clearly, the back seat is a big area of focus for the Chinese customer; but that's not exclusively what they want. More younger clients there want to drive. The image of Lincoln has remained in their minds as the vehicle of presidents and the Hollywood elite. Now we are there, as well as here in North America, with vehicles that fit the modern-day execution of that idea.

You have toyed with the idea of a coupe. Are you re-evaluating new segments?

As you know, we cannot discuss future product. However, the creativity just exhibited by our Navigator Concept, on the heels of announcing the production version of the Continental, is certainly proof we have a deep and thriving well of creativity in the Lincoln studio.

What is the level of Lincoln's integration in the Ford design world when it comes to sharing studios, modeling, etc.?

We have a 100 percent-dedicated Lincoln design studio; it's home to nearly 100 staff members all dedicated to Lincoln with a great mix of creatives: interior, exterior and color and material designers, sculptors, engineers, modelers and program managers. Each of them shares one passion: for beautiful designs.

#36 · (Edited)
note: I'm reversing the order of their List...
...cuz it was backwards

America’s best (**) car brands
USA Today

From 24/7 Wall Street and Douglas McIntyre, these are the best car brands in America.

Michael B. Sauter and Samuel Stebbins, 24/7 Wall St., September 17, 2016

American car owners seem to love their Lincolns while they are least satisfied with their Acuras, according to a recent survey of the auto industry.

These are some of the findings from the 2016 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Automobile Report 2016, a nationwide survey measuring customer experience among the major car brands. Along with record car sales, customer satisfaction appears to have improved as well. Of the 24 brands surveyed, 16 improved their customer service ratings in the ACSI compared to 2015.

The best car brands

1. Lincoln
> 2016 ACSI score: 87
> 2015 ACSI score: 83
> 2016 YTD sales: 71,638

Lincoln, Ford’s luxury division, tops ACSI’s ranking for customer satisfaction with a score of 87.
Historically, luxury automobile owners report higher overall satisfaction that owners of mass-market vehicles. Despite widespread satisfaction among owners, Lincolns are not especially popular. The company sold only 71,638 (101,227 see attached) units in 2015, fewer than all of the high-ranking brands?

2. Honda
> 2016 ACSI score: 86
> 2015 ACSI score: 80
> 2016 YTD sales: 987,811

After its customer service rating improved from 80 in 2015 to 86 this year, Honda became the highest rated mass-market auto brand and the second highest rated brand overall. Like the industry as a whole, Honda sales are up year to date, with the Civic — one of the company’s core models — posting a 15.4% increase.

3. BMW
> 2016 ACSI score: 85
> 2015 ACSI score: 82
> 2016 YTD sales: 204,744

BMW is the third highest rated automaker and the second highest rated luxury automaker in this year’s survey. The German manufacturer has historically ranked relatively high on the ACSI automobile report. The luxury car maker also received near top marks from Consumer Reports for overall quality.

4. Toyota
> 2016 ACSI score: 85
> 2016 YTD sales: 1,625,158

Customer satisfaction tends to be higher among owners of luxury brands than owners of mass-market vehicles. Yet despite being one of the biggest mass-market carmakers in the world, Toyota surpassed high-end makes such as Lexus and Mercedes-Benz. Performance and dependability are two important components of customer satisfaction, and Toyota received one of the highest scores in the J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study.

5. GMC
> 2016 ACSI score: 84
> 2015 ACSI score: 78
> 2016 YTD sales: 348,164

Customer satisfaction among GMC owners has fluctuated considerably over the years. In the most recent ACSI survey, however, the American automaker’s score of 84 is only one point shy of its highest score in nearly two decades. Historically, foreign automakers have dominated the ACSI rankings, but this year, GMC is leading the resurgence in satisfaction among mass-market, American made vehicles.

6. Lexus
> 2015 ACSI score: 84
> 2016 YTD sales: 210,392

Lexus was the top rated car brand in last year’s ACSI survey of the auto industry with a customer satisfaction score of 84. While the Toyota-owned luxury brand’s score did not change, several other manufacturers improved their score — in this year’s survey eight brands have a score of 84 or higher. Sales of most auto manufacturers are up year-to-date, but Lexus sales are down by more than 5%.

7. Subaru
> 2016 YTD sales: 391,969

Due to their improved quality and relatively low prices, mass market cars received a considerable rating boost in this year’s ACSI. Subaru was one of the makes benefiting from the trend, scoring two points higher in customer satisfaction compared to the previous year. According to Consumer Reports, Subaru is one of the top ranking car manufacturers in overall quality, surpassing several luxury automakers.

8. Infiniti
> 2015 ACSI score: 77
> 2016 YTD sales: 85,362

Luxury brands tend to receive better customer ratings in the ACSI, and Infiniti is no exception. The Nissan luxury brand’s rating improved significantly this year, rising from a score of 77 in 2015 to 84 this year. No automaker had a greater uptick in customer satisfaction. Infiniti’s high ratings may be reflected in improved sales. Infiniti set a global sales record this past August.

- - - - - - -

cont. @
247wallst.com

eventually :angel,
found a LINK to LINK:
** The Worst Car Brands ...in separate Thread

Attachments

#37 ·
half homage, half amateur review...
2017 Lincoln Continental: Modern Luxury Personified
becausecars.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

...The Lincoln Motor Company have decided to take steps toward standing out once again in the luxury car world, with the biggest step being their focus on traditional luxury, and, most notably, bringing back an actual name for it's flagship.

As much as the purists yearn for the second coming of the 1961 Continental, or at least the Town Car, the simple fact is that Lincoln has produced an automobile that better in many ways, and can hold its own among some of the worlds finest luxury brands...

...The interior is where the Continental shines, and impresses. Lincoln designer Jim Smithbauer wanted to create an interior that both showcased the state-of-the-art in modern luxury and convenience, and highlighted some of the best from the era of Brougham...

...The European Mondeo roots are evident in how composed the car is over bumps, and in the lack of body lean in corners. The Continental, while a substantial feeling car, is surprisingly light on it's feet...

#40 ·
One thing I have noticed, is that rear proportions of the Conti are more pleasing or appropriate than the CT6. The CT6 rear wheels are too forward due to the stretched front. Can't have too long a wheelbase, it might look awkward.

But RWD is absolutely in Lincolns future.

#42 ·
While I do agree that the Contiental looks better than the ct6 in side profile, in fact It looks better from every angle to me, I have to disagree about with your statement on wheelbase being too long. If someone where to go to photoshop and stretch the Contiental wheelbase and move the cabin rearward, it'd look even better than what it does now. RwD proportions with their associated long wheelbase will always look better than fwd based sedans. The problem with the CT6 is that the Contiental is just a flat out better look car no matter how you slice it lol.

And Lincolns future is bright, and even brighter with D6 coming on board. As long as they keep following their path (be it very slow/long) to complete luxury Marque they will be OK. Further streamline Lincoln into Lincoln and Ford into Ford (while continuing to share Platforms and common goodies) and Lincoln will be OK. I'd like to see a dedicated design (the present design within Ford and populated by ford designers isn't gunna work for long) Center strictly for Lincoln with the launch of the D6 program also.

#41 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.