Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

42K views 174 replies 28 participants last post by  rmc523 
#1 ·
Save the date! Lincoln has a press conference set for the first press day of the NYIAS! It's looking very good that something big will debut, most likely Navigator related. I'm looking forward to attending!

March 23 10:45am

Btw Ford division doesn't have any conference scheduled at this time.

#116 ·
^^ Agreed. The Continental was a compromise vehicle, a stand in until the all-next platform is ready but if the reveal tomorrow is the Navigator, it's on the new F-150 platform and Lincoln should have no limitations. The Navigator is the flagship, Land Rover level of interior craftsmanship at a cheaper price, I want them to go all out and make the Escalade look dated.

#118 ·
I'm more excited for this than I have been for any recent Lincoln debut! This should be the first no-compromise vehicle from the new Lincoln, and in Black Label trim should approach Land Rover in terms of interior appointments!

This is Lincoln's first chance to hit one out of the park, and nobody needs a home run as badly as Lincoln!

#120 ·
:joyous: YW &
* ahem *
AS has some great Lincoln Aficionado, "wet your whistle information available" in anticipation of a very important vehicle introduction! 0:) They note they're being embargoed until March 23, 2016 at 12:01am. All this excitement for the Lincoln reveal is making me think of the lyrics of a familiar song, "Anticipation, Anticipation, Is making me late, Is keeping me waiting..." :popcorn:

http://www.autospies.com/news/NYIAS...ife-Pics-From-The-Show-s-Kickoff-Event-87889/

#127 ·
They have been hush hush, but at the same time that's become typical of Ford, they don't really tout reveals or future product intros. In this day in age, almost all auto makers reveal their products early in a effort to one-up products leaks so that they are able to fully control how their product is introduced, but FMC has not taken that approach. Sometimes that makes me mad but it is for the best interest of the company

#153 ·
I took a nap my alarm just went off this better be worth it!

Reactions: 2b2
#164 ·
LS was most certainly a mid size and not a full size. No reason why Lincoln would have 3 full size sedans in 2000 to 2002

Did some quick numbers so you guys can compare

LS:
Wheelbase 114.5 inches
Length 193.9 inches

Town Car:
Wheelbase 117.7 inches
Length 215.3 inches

Continental 98-02:
Wheelbase 109.0 inches
Length 208.5 inches

5 Series 96-03
Wheelbase 111.4 inches
Length 188 inches

7 Series 01-08
Wheelbase 117.7 inches
Lenght 198 inches

E Class 02-09
Wheelbase 112.4 inches
Length 190.3

S Class 98-05
Wheelbase 116.7 inches
Length 198.5 inches

Audi A6 97-04
Wheelbase 108.7 inches
Lenght 188.8 inches

Audi A8 02-09
Wheelbase 115.9 inches
Length 199.3 inches

#168 ·
quickie comment...

a recent acquaintance has an LS
saw him today and sat in his car f/r = my first time in an LS
(specifically for this post!)
imho it's a bit tighter inside than a current MKZ but not a whole lot
@Andrew L , do you agree?
Having owned both this is what I can say.
Front seat room is probably the same or feels the same at least.
Rear seat room is night and day. MKZ has a lot more knee room. The LS tried to remedy this by making the back seats almost reclined but knee room is non existing if the front passengers are tall. I'm 6 foot even and had to have the seat back almsot all the way which left little to anyone behind me.

Reactions: 2b2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.