Ford Inside News banner

New Lincoln MKZ on dealers lot!

12K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 · (Edited)
A friend on Facebook dropped by a Lincoln dealership (in Washington State) yesterday and saw this new MKZ! He said the dealer appeared to be kind of hiding it amongst some Escapes, but he sniffed it out and grabbed a few pics.

Apparently it's a 2.0 Hybrid Reserve with just about every option...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
On the MKZ group on Facebook a sales rep from Clearwater FL posted a pic of a new one they got it. Maybe I can check it out this weekend.

#5 ·
TY, Paul (& Envoy)!!

hope everyone who has a foto-fone(phone) keeps it handy
it'd be nice to get more pix of the Jade interior AND haven't seen real-life TerraCotta yet
+
still DESPERATE to see [Vineyard] ! ! / hear a member's DesCription!
& casually asks dealer-critters if they have any [BL] materials/samples

#6 ·
I'm still completely, 100% disappointed in the MKZ refresh. The MKZ as it was was a thing of beauty, sleek, elegant, distinctive, this new face is completely at odds with the rest of the car. In a perfect world if I were in the market for one I'd want the hot rod 3.0T with the torque vectoring AWD and then have some body shop swap an old front end onto it.

I totally understand why Lincoln is moving away from the split wing, yet the MKZ wore it so well! Lincoln designer were given a no win task for which they were unable to pull off a miracle.

#7 · (Edited)
^ I really like the previous Z both in real life and pix (after the horrible initial official-Ford photos)
&but
*LOVE* the new Z in pix - esp with the NON-LuxuryPkg headlamps as in these fotos - - hope I'll get to see one in person... might have to do a roadtrip

that^said, & as I said before; I would have made a minor tweak to the trunklid spoiler,
not cuz I think it doesn't work with T.N.F.o.L.,
but just to *subtly* differentiate it from the rear view
PLUS afaik the lip part is a separate piece of 'sheet-material'

#9 · (Edited)
^...I always thought the 2015 MKZ had two different designs happening at the front and at the rear. With the rear being more squared off with hard lines, while the front was curves and rounded. But at the same time liking the rear(except for that uncovered lower diffuser design) and loving the beautifully curvy front independently.

However, with the 2017 model and the new front grille, both the back and front now are in harmony, with more hard lines and more angular. The look front to back is more bold, more powerful and less 'female' in it's design. It is clear that Lincoln was targeting females(small details, colors, interior appointments and lots of females talking about them in Lincoln marketing) to gain momentum in the luxury market, at the risk of males. But with the new, bolder front end coming across the lineup, I think the Lincoln models will attract both males and females equally, and marketing will adjust accordingly.

Just think about it. If we never saw the 2015 MKZ, would anyone have anything negative to say about the design of 2017 model below?

Without having a targeted vehicle in the C-Class/3-Series space, I think the 2017 MKZ could offer a more comfortable, more roomy, 'performance' luxury sedan option for some.

#10 ·
I honestly can't get over how stunning it is person. Makes me wish I could get out of my 2016 right now haha! Also, this design language looks amazing with every color in person. Even the gold exterior looks cool!

I have yet to see any Black Label models arrive, and haven't seen the burgundy velvet exterior just yet.

One thing I'm not a huge fan is the terracotta interior. Maybe it needs to grow on me, but I miss the hazelnut interior. I wish the MKZ offered a two tone interior similar to the MKC's White Sands/Espresso interior, which is gorgeous.

#12 ·
I'd love to see the back of the MKZ PhotoShopped to not include the top lip/spoiler of the trunk. I think that spoiler/lip is what throws off the look of the car with the new face for a lot of people I've noticed.

Reactions: 2b2
#14 · (Edited)
The current (old?) MKZ had my favorite wheels. I'd have a hard time choosing between all of the 19"ers. I'm not a fan of ANY of the new ones. The new Reserve wheels look so tame. Maybe if they were machined or polished and not painted silver. They're so dull.

BTW if you do a search for '17 MKZ on autotrader "located within ANY miles" you'll see tons of dealer pics of the new MKZ.

Reactions: 2b2
#16 ·
...BTW if you do a search for '17 MKZ on autotrader "located within ANY miles" you'll see tons of dealer pics of the new MKZ.
thanks tried cars.com too
but
either they don't find-or-show terracotta interiors
or the dealers don't say the interior (correctly)
or they only have pix from the configurator (have already)

I need to ask Envoy how he found REAL fotos

#17 ·
Enclosed are some pics of the 2017 MKZ Hybrid I checked out in the dealership parking lot a couple of days ago. :cool:

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
^ Thanks, hbmf3! :thumb:

I went to your Santa Monica delaer's website &
they DO look like they have accurate info on their site :joyous:
if NOT original, real world interior fotos :(
I'll have to check back with them - only have 3 Z-hybrids if reading it correctly,
tho interesting that the Z-H being a best seller in Cali is supported

#30 ·
I figure I might as well, being an owner of a 2016 hybrid Z, put in my thoughts.. from the time I first saw the MKZ restyle in '13, I wanted it.. I waited til the '16s came out.. After the knocks to MLT.. the front end, the interior knocks.. and how the front end change, the knobs being back, Sync 3 now in.. my thoughts are.. the front just doesn't grab me.. the My Lincoln Touch.. it's just not that tough to learn.. if you don't like the touch just tell it what you want.. and the center console.. I remember on my 2002 Taurus wagon..and how ford was knocked because of the old fashioned looking and out of date panel.. they bring a modern thing in.. what happens.. now it is too modern.. I don't see a terrible interior.. guess I like what I got.. and will wait til a total redo.. There I am done.. sorry for rambling.

Rick.

#33 ·
i don't think the 3.0 will fly off the lots once it is out. I had full intentions of plopping down $50+k when Lincoln announced some power finally coming and early speculation of late availability being the 9 speed. But now with only a 6 speed, that when used in the MKS with 350 lb ft was all the torque it could handle makes me wonder if the projected outputs are going to be less or transmission reliability lower. I find it dissapointing that when Lincolns' competitors have had 7-8 speeds for a number of years that they roll out a '17 with a 6 speed. With dismal 17/26 mpg ratings, the closest rival money wise the MB C450 having 21/29 ratings, a full 20% better, and I'm sure the MKZ won't come close to the 0-60 in 4.5, or the 12.9/109 1/4 mile. My '15 Charger SRT has 15/25 mpg ratings and that is a large car, 400+ lbs heavier and 85 more hp and 75 lbs more torque, and not to forget all ecoboosts don't come close to epa in real life driving.

#34 ·
The Mercedes-Benz C Class is 10 inch smaller than the MKZ. Is a compact, the MKZ is a midsize. The price is the unique point of comparison between them. Of course, a compact sedan must have a better fuel economy and better aceleration with a comparable (in size) engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.