President promotes Ford with Mr.M.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: President promotes Ford with Mr.M.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 929 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool President promotes Ford with Mr.M.

I was watching the President's National Standards announcement on CNBC today
    and after they cut the sound back to the studio, something interesting appeared to take place between President Obama and Mr. M. (who had been standing right by his side throughout the announcement...

...finally found an article about it (but no photo Little help?)

Obama gives plug for his Ford hybrid - DetroitFreePress

By Justin Hyde Free Press Washington Staff May 19, 2009

President Barack Obama may be the only investor willing and able to keep General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC alive, but his biggest endorsement at today's announcement on fuel economy went to Ford Motor Co.

At the end of a Rose Garden ceremony unveiling new mileage standards, Obama stepped back from the podium, then threw in an impromptu plug for his hybrid Escape sport utility vehicle.

"By the way, I just want to mention, I think I still have my Ford parked in Chicago," Obama said. "It's a Ford hybrid, it runs great, you guys should take a look."

Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally, standing next to the president, pumped his fists in the air as the crowd laughed.

As he turned to leave again perhaps realizing there were executives from nine other automakers standing behind him, including GM and Chrysler Obama threw in one more aside.

"But there are also some outstanding hybrids and energy-independent cars represented up here, so I didn't want to just advertise for one," he said.

Chrysler Chief Executive Bob Nardelli and GM Chief Executive Fritz Henderson ducked out of the White House after the ceremony. Henderson headed back to the Treasury Department next door for meetings with Obama's auto industry task force, which will decide in the coming days whether to push GM into bankruptcy.
    Last edited by 2b2; 05-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: President promotes Ford with Mr.M.

Nothing like free advirtising.

Thanks

Ok, now it will probably take forever to get a Ford Hybrid. Thanks.....

I better order my Milan now or I won't see it in a few years..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

LLN's re-take on the story:

President Obama plugs Ford's Escape Hybrid
    By Drew Johnson

...After announcing the new 35.5 mpg standard on Tuesday, President Obama gave an offhand plug of his Escape Hybrid. By the way, I just want to mention, I think I still have my Ford parked in Chicago, Obama said. Its a Ford hybrid, it runs great, you guys should take a look.

Ford CEO Alana Mulally was happy to hear the plug, but the other nine auto execs in attendance werent as thrilled. Quickly realizing his bias comment, President Obama added: But there are also some outstanding hybrids and energy-independent cars represented up here, so I didnt want to just advertise for one, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Were not sure if Fords lack of federal funding played into the Presidents comments but with Chrysler currently in bankruptcy and General Motors on the verge of Chapter 11, it seems the President could have at least added a few more Detroit models to his list of endorsements

Thanks
    Blog Entries

^ ps
    I'd really like a photo of the President & Mr.M. patting eachother on the back...

or YOUTUBE!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

I just wish Mr. Obama would get out of the car business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I just wish Mr. Obama would get out of the car business.
    It was Mr. Bush who put him there. Without him though, both GM and Chrysler would just be a sad memory right now.

I wish you wouldn't have to politicize every thread where the president is mentioned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
    It was Mr. Bush who put him there. Without him though, both GM and Chrysler would just be a sad memory right now.

I wish you wouldn't have to politicize every thread where the president is mentioned.
    Jeez, who politicized? Mr. Obama, Mr. Bush the feds, etc.... GM and Chrysler would survive without them, through the legal system.. someone would buy the pieces, the Judges would keep National interest in sight, Congress is not an end in itself....

yikes.. I had no intention to politicize.... I just meant to indicate that we do not need feds in the car business....

but nooooo.... for you.. Mr. Obama has to look perfect or else you need to protect him....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Jeez, who politicized? Mr. Obama, Mr. Bush the feds, etc.... GM and Chrysler would survive without them, through the legal system.. someone would buy the pieces, the Judges would keep National interest in sight, Congress is not an end in itself....

yikes.. I had no intention to politicize.... I just meant to indicate that we do not need feds in the car business....

but nooooo.... for you.. Mr. Obama has to look perfect or else you need to protect him....
    And you seem to selectively forget that Mr. Bush is the one who started bailing out the automakers. All the president is doing is protecting Mr. Bush's investment.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.