2011 Lincoln MKX
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News – General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Lincoln MKX

Thanks

2011 Lincoln MKX

Here's an updated chop of what the MKX could look like after it's 2011 MY redesign:

Here's the old chop for reference:

Current Vehicle:
    2009 AWD Flex Limited
    Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof | Navigation | PowerFold™ 40/40 2nd Row/Console | Refrigerator | Aftermarket dual headrest DVD System | PowerCode™ Remote Start | Towing Package | 22" Edge Sport wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Ford Ka
    Thanks

Re: 2011 Lincoln MKX

the spy shots show the grill is not like your chop (look at the C&D with zoom)

Thanks

The zoom isn't working for me. What's different about it?
    Current Vehicle:
    2009 AWD Flex Limited
    Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof | Navigation | PowerFold™ 40/40 2nd Row/Console | Refrigerator | Aftermarket dual headrest DVD System | PowerCode™ Remote Start | Towing Package | 22" Edge Sport wheels

Ford Ka
    Thanks

spy shoot
    short grill (ala mks)

Focus RS
    Thanks

very nice. the chop is cleaner than your first one, the grille neater, headlights shining now! i love the fact that Lincoln is so beloved at this forum.

Thanks

I would say perhaps a little more drama on the hood would do it some justice. Its just a flat surface in this iteration.

Focus RS
    Thanks

is the Navigator still being sold? it just occurred to me that Lincoln has the MKX, the MKT and the Navigator. do they really need 3 vehicles like that? what's the difference in markets for the MKX and the MKT? is it only the 3rd seat? should the MKX shrink or maybe just go away? and typing all these MK- 'names' i'm thinking it's time for real names again. even for someone that reads about cars all the time and have since i was a tot, when you add in the MKZ and MKS, it's all too confusing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penne View Post
    spy shoot
    short grill (ala mks)
    Sorry, I'm not really seeing much of a difference. Remember, the cladding is covering the top of the headlights and grille on the spy shot.

Quote Originally Posted by artandcolour View Post
    very nice. the chop is cleaner than your first one, the grille neater, headlights shining now! i love the fact that Lincoln is so beloved at this forum.
    Well, the second chop, I took the upper grille/headlights, and the lower grille directly from the MKT. The first chop was done before we saw the MKT fully revealed, so I had to use the upper and lower grille from the MKR concept, and I made up the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I would say perhaps a little more drama on the hood would do it some justice. Its just a flat surface in this iteration.
    I can agree with you on that.....I thought of giving it a mini power dome hood extending from the center grille that surrounds the Lincoln emblem, but didn't feel like it. Something simple like the MKS' hood reverse indent would probably be ok, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by artandcolour View Post
    is the Navigator still being sold? it just occurred to me that Lincoln has the MKX, the MKT and the Navigator. do they really need 3 vehicles like that? what's the difference in markets for the MKX and the MKT? is it only the 3rd seat? should the MKX shrink or maybe just go away? and typing all these MK- 'names' i'm thinking it's time for real names again. even for someone that reads about cars all the time and have since i was a tot, when you add in the MKZ and MKS, it's all too confusing!
    Yes, Navigator is still being sold....it only sold 571 units last month (down 52.4% from 1,200 units in June last year), but I believe part of the low sales number (for both Expedition - which actually increased sales by about 200 units - and Navigator) can be attributed to low inventory levels due to the plant changeover this past year.

MKX serves the 2 row, 5 passenger luxury crossover market, and competes with vehicles like the Lexus RX. MKT will serve the 3 row, 6-7 passenger luxury crossover market, and competes with vehicles like the Audi Q7. Navigator (which is actually rumored to be on the chopping block) serves the luxury 7-8 passenger SUV market, and also allows high(er) towing ability for those that may need it.

Indications are that Ford (Lincoln) is fully behind the MKX, and MKT. MKX will not shrink, as it's plaform mates with Edge, which I'm sure will be more differentiated in a full redesign. Also, Lincoln may be getting a version of the Kuga (Escape) that will fit in below the MKX.

While I agree with you about the MK- naming scheme vs. traditional names, I can fully understand why they're using it. The idea behind the MK- scheme is to emphasize the Lincoln brand. They want people to say "I have a LINCOLN" not "I have a Continental". Plus all the other luxury brands are doing it lol.
    Current Vehicle:
    2009 AWD Flex Limited

Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 808 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
    ...I can agree with you on that.....I thought of giving it a mini power dome hood extending from the center grille that surrounds the Lincoln emblem, but didn't feel like it. Something simple like the MKS' hood reverse indent would probably be ok, don't you think?...
    THANKS for posting the chops, Rmc!! & re: the hood, remember this one?
    tho
    I think I agree with Lincoln(-Mercury) going with Smooooth-Slippery styling (as long as Lincoln's is Very American... ...Merc can go international all they want Imho :))
    yet
    if I had the time for an MKX chop, I'd try to have scoops "appear-out-of-nowhere" from a very slick hood**
    (if that^ made ANY sense...
    ...actually, maybe with powered flaps??? ! )

** MKG chop for contrast

Thanks

Perhaps I'll try somthing along those lines if I have time. I'm not promising anything, though.
    Current Vehicle:
    2009 AWD Flex Limited

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.