Ford Inside News banner

NYC 2017: NEW NAVIGATOR! (Official = posts#43...)

87K views 395 replies 36 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#109 ·
Just got back from the NY Auto Show, and the new Navigator looks great! The crowd seemed to agree and it had a nice sizable crowd for most of the day. They had 3 on site, one BL and two non-BL's...Reserves? One was red with Cappuccino int, the other blue with a slate blue interior similar to tone to the Black Label one!
No one seemed to pick up that the rear quarter panel actually is differnet for the Navigator vs the Expedition, which I'm so relieved to see as the Expedition's taillamp cut out is a very particular shape and I hated to think the Navigator had to work around that.
The interior, esp on the Black Label, is very high end and felt/reeked of quality and luxury!
By the way Lincoln noted the Continental Black Label is selling at 11% of the mix so far, nice considering there aren't Thant many BL dealers out there really.

Attachments

#112 · (Edited)
Just got back from the NY Auto Show, and the new Navigator looks great! The crowd seemed to agree and it had a nice sizable crowd for most of the day. They had 3 on site, one BL and two non-BL's...Reserves? One was red with Cappuccino int, the other blue with a slate blue interior similar to tone to the Black Label one!
No one seemed to pick up that the rear quarter panel actually is differnet for the Navigator vs the Expedition, which I'm so relieved to see as the Expedition's taillamp cut out is a very particular shape and I hated to think the Navigator had to work around that.
The interior, esp on the Black Label, is very high end and felt/reeked of quality and luxury!
By the way Lincoln noted the Continental Black Label is selling at 11% of the mix so far, nice considering there aren't That many BL dealers out there really.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
need to copy this to wherever that bogus ATP under $35k for Lincoln is
>:)

btw @spudz64 , I know you said: "the other blue with a slate blue interior similar to tone to the Black Label one!" BUT maybe ask tomorrow:
what/which is this??:

#111 · (Edited)
A Look Inside Lincoln’s Vision of ‘Quiet Luxury’
Fortune

Kirsten Korosec - Apr 11, 2017

with a short video narrated by Mark Fields...
- - - - - - -
2018 Lincoln Navigator Revealed!
The onetime king of bling seeks to retake the throne.

C & D

Apr 2017 By JOE LORIO + Multiple Photographers (26 Live)

^ imho the piping helps a Lot & I usually don't like piping.
Interesting that the lighting make the facade under the grille almost look chromed too:

saw a pricing post elsewhere & I had thought perhaps a small base-price increase possible BUT
with the STANDARD 450/500 3.5T, can see Navi stepping up to(wards) the 'Lade's well-over-$70k ante-up

#113 ·
I am very inquisitive as to the pricing structure in comparison to the rest of the class. Only the LX which is in many ways quite divergent in size has a higher pricing structure base price wise as the Escalade. The GLS63 AMG goes far above the pricing of everything aside from the Range Rover LWB.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#116 ·
Has anyone witnessed a FIN forum member spout off about how Lincoln has already arrived....or that Lincoln products are superior to the competition, or anything that is just plain not true regarding Lincoln's current place?

Yeah, I don't think I have either.

I wonder then, why do some feel the need to remind us daily, if not hourly, that Lincoln has some work to do. Does anyone not know that they are barely into their 10 year plan??

Can't we just celebrate every little forward momentum for what it is, without someone constantly digging up the past and pissing on happy flakes?

#118 · (Edited)
I've been watching and buying Lincoln for years and it has truly transformed in a relatively short period of time. Especially when you consider the decades of uncertainty and cynical badge engineering that only continued to worsen despite the outcry. I can't say the products necessarily appeal to me anymore since they've moved into a type of luxury that feels a little too formal and traditional for my tastes but the coherence and momentum of the brand has never been clearer and they are making bigger strides forward with each product than even Ford itself. For the first time in memory Lincoln is their brightest star and really the only interesting thing that the company is doing at the moment. I'm hoping that changes by the end of the decade because right now it's getting awfully stale by the blue oval.

#129 ·
... For the first time in memory Lincoln is their brightest star and really the only interesting thing that the company is doing at the moment. I'm hoping that changes by the end of the decade because right now it's getting awfully stale by the blue oval.

I can't agree with that at all...Raptor, FocusST & RS, Mustang GT350, Ford GT, F-Series, Fusion & Explorer Sport. Ford has lots of great product right now...more exciting products than any other non-luxury manufacturer ou there!

#119 ·
I have to be honest here, the rear end is horrible, the taillights/lamps are so generic looking (esp when compared to the loveliness of the headlights) that it's not even funny, combined with the refrigerator boxiness and it's just terrible, and ESP when you look at the rest of the vehicle.

#124 · (Edited)

The differences between the Expedition and Navigator become more distinct when looking at them side by side.

Navigator has more dramatic features. headlights wrap around much more. Navigator emblem-accent on the side, different door handles, side crease that fades at the rear on Navigator. Rear quarter panel is gloss black on Navigator and rear lights are narrower and wrap more on Navigator, and the chrome trim at the bottom that dresses up Navigator nicely.

Expedition is obviously more sporty with Navigator looking more luxury.

#131 ·
Keep us updated for sure!

Reactions: 2b2
#138 ·
Wasn't familiar with Russet did a quick search I guess that would replace saddle?

#139 · (Edited)
^ edit - replacing Terracotta imho

TYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYtyTYty @spudz64
I woke up (almost
) and went to heaven!!

so
is it confirmed that non-YatchClub grayishbluishness interior is "Slate"?
did they have upholstery swatchlets?
*want* to know about "Russet"
&
interesting about the paint colors
- [BL] is light or dark, no mediums? - curious about the MoltenGold; CrystalBlue(*IS* in attached photo / LINK)
- Std's: 2 whites(well, Ivory), 2 reds(continuing), 2 BLUES(the DiamondBlue must what Expy was shown in)

Attachments

#140 ·
^ edit - replacing Terracotta imho
I was thinking of the Navigator's interior colors although I don't see Saddle as an option anymore if that's what it was called. Currently it's just tan or black as the only 2 options.

Just did a quick google search it was called Canyon. Not sure what year it was dropped though... I know they had it recently so possibly last year?

Reactions: 2b2
#141 ·
I was thinking of the Navigator's interior colors although I don't see Saddle as an option anymore if that's what it was called. Currently it's just tan or black as the only 2 options.

Just did a quick google search it was called Canyon. Not sure what year it was dropped though... I know they had it recently so possibly last year?
Ah - ok - was thinking of current offerings (bet Jade is toast)
I remember Canyon...
wasn't 2016 or 2015 ...or 2009, don't have other OGs for Navi
tho
the MKT had it in 2011; MKX had it 2015 (& at least 2012, attached)
I'm missing a Lot of Lincoln OGs

Attachments

#143 ·
Still at the show, just found they have a PC configurator for the 2018 Navigator so found out some more info...
Ebony and Ebony/Russet have santos rosewood wood
Dark slate has grey ash swirl wood
Cappuccino has espresso ash swirl wood
20" wheels std, with 3 diff opt 22" and one is opt on BL as well (22" swirl wheel is std)

#146 · (Edited)
^ FANtastic!! TY! :thumb:
something to look forward to when I get back from (ugh) errands

meanwhile...
The All-New 2018 Lincoln Navigator Took 11 Years To Design
ArchitecturalDigest - Motoring

Text by Nick Mafi - Photography by Lincoln - Posted April 12, 2017

...the designers and engineers at Lincoln were busy at work, creating what would ultimately be their fourth generation Navigator. And those eleven years of work will officially be on display for the first time today, as the Detroit-based company unveils their 2018 Lincoln Navigator at the 2018 New York Auto Show.

After spending a few hours with the vehicle, it's abundantly apparent the efforts of David Woodhouse, Director of Design at Lincoln, paid off. The moment one approaches the car, the iconic Lincoln ensignia comes to life, lighting up on the front grille. From there, two thin lines that sharply make up the headlines slowly illuminate, making the car almost appear as if it were smiling...

#157 ·
As I said before not a fan of red in general but I am loving that red interior

Wheel options...the one shown on the actual truck is optional for all, including BL's...
Love the 6 spoke 22"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.