Ford's Future Rear Wheel Drive Cars Spied In Detroit!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford's Future Rear Wheel Drive Cars Spied In Detroit!

Thanks

Ford's Future Rear Wheel Drive Cars Spied In Detroit!

Well, the covers have finally come off of Ford's future plans for its Rear-Wheel Drive architecture. As speculation has stated, the future of RWD for the Blue Oval will come from the Land Down Under!

Here is the entire story courtesy of my friends at Leftlane News.com:

It appears that Ford has started importing some rear-wheel-drive prototypes from Australia into its U.S. engineering operations. The spies at KGP Photography caught this prototype for the next-generation Australian Ford Falcon at one of Ford's Detroit engineering centers, being unloaded from a shipping container.

The packaging looks consistent with a car that has just made a trip across the oceanin either a boat or a cargo plane.

The appearance of this rear-wheel-drive prototype seems to support rumors that Ford is looking to Australia for much of its rear-wheel-drive future a move eerily similar to GM's reliance on Holden to take the engineering lead on the Pontiac G8, Chevy Camaro, and the likely GTO and Impala spin-offs that are due to use GM's Zeta architecture.

Ford's plans appear to be a little less locked-in than GM's, but some pundits say that the 2009-2010 Mustang may share some Aussie DNA. And if a rear-wheel-drive replacement for Ford's Crown Victoria is to come about, it will likely rely heavily on the new Falcon.

On Ford's own media website, Australia's growing importance in Ford's global product plans was touted through a hopeful press release, which said: "An all-new Falcon model and future Territory models will form the basis of potential export opportunities for Ford Australia's globally competitive large rear-wheel drive vehicle platform. The addition of left-hand drive engineering capability to our product development team will provide significant experience and assist us to develop a viable export program for our world class rear-wheel drive architecture."

Something definitely appears to be stirring in Dearborn, and this Falcon prototype showing up in Detroit looks to be our first sign that things have progressed beyond mere talk.

Photo Of Ford Falcon Courtesy Of KGP Photography & Leftlane News
    Well, this could very well be the start of something very grand indeed! I look forward to all of the speculation that this will undoubtedly bring! Especially now the viability of the Lincoln MKR and the Ford Interceptor...

I just can't wait!

As Always...Stay Fabulous!
    RG59061
    Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Ford's Future Rear-Wheel Drive Vehicles Caught In Detroit!

Well Everyone, the future of Rear-Wheel Drive cars at Ford has been uncovered. To quote the band Men At Work...it appears that these vehicles will al be coming from a "Land Down Under".

Here is a photo taken of a Ford Worker unpacking a Ford Falcon Prototype from its shipping crate at Ford's testing center in Detroit.

Image Courtesy of KGP Photography & Leftlane News.com

Here is the new thread that tells all of Ford's new plans...enjoy!

Click Here

RG59061
    Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

Thanks

Re: Ford's Future Rear Wheel Drive Cars Spied In Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by RG59061 View Post
    Well, the covers have finally come off of Ford's future plans for its Rear-Wheel Drive architecture. As speculation has stated, the future of RWD for the Blue Oval will come from the Land Down Under!

Here is the entire story courtesy of my friends at Leftlane News.com:

Well, this could very well be the start of something very grand indeed! I look forward to all of the speculation that this will undoubtedly bring! Especially now the viability of the Lincoln MKR and the Ford Interceptor...

I just can't wait!

RG59061
    Way to go, RG!!! Excellent find. I guess there isn't much especulation to do at this very early point. More like waiting and nail biting . . . .

Thanks

Re: Ford's Future Rear-Wheel Drive Vehicles Caught In Detroit!

GM is ahead of this game. The RWD plartforms Ford is using down under are older than the ancient hag named Gagool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
    GM is ahead of this game. The RWD plartforms Ford is using down under are older than the ancient hag named Gagool
    Wouldn't it be safe to assume that anything Australia sourced would be based in the Orion car (all new 2008 Falcon)?

Unless of course you have some inside info on the contrary. . . ;)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
    Wouldn't it be safe to assume that anything Australia sourced would be based in the Orion car (all new 2008 Falcon)?

Unless of course you have some inside info on the contrary. . . ;)
    he he Mbuku is as outside as you can get from the inside
    Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures? email me or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
    he he Mbuku is as outside as you can get from the inside
    Me, I am an insider, in the , I will not buy imports club, unless all domestics really suck... like a Cavalier.. Plus, I got me a Chihuahua and a Bentley

Thanks

Hasnt GM delayed the RWD sedans though?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
    Hasnt GM delayed the RWD sedans though?
    More like Lutz playing chicken with the government.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.