2013 Lincoln compact CUV
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Lincoln compact CUV

Ford Mondeo
    Thanks

2013 Lincoln compact CUV

Now that Ford is stating the production of the Lincoln version of the new Escape/Kuga will start in June 2012, we can expect it to be at dealers by August for the 2013 model year.

Will it be styled similar to the Concept C, or will the new design chief have enough time to bring out the new Lincoln look?

On another note, what else will Lincoln dealers see between now and late 2012?
    The early bird gets the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2013 Lincoln compact CUV

Quote Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
    Now that Ford is stating the production of the Lincoln version of the new Escape/Kuga will start in June 2012, we can expect it to be at dealers by August for the 2013 model year.

Will it be styled similar to the Concept C, or will the new design chief have enough time to bring out the new Lincoln look?

On another note, what else will Lincoln dealers see between now and late 2012?

I am guessing this will be very different than the Escape even though it will be based on the samy platform.
    I am also guessing it will get its own unique Lincoln V6 that they have hinted at
    I am also guessing it will get a hybrid powertrain so Lincoln can reach its goal of most fuel efficient luxury brand

In the mean time the new MKS and Navigator may be showing up soon. I am guessing with the MKS it will be at Detroit, Navigator I am not sure when but it needs an update yesterday
    Current Car: 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    Previous Cars
    1994 Ford Econoline 150 Centaurus LTD Conversion Van Red and White 351 V8 4 Speed Automatic
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Ford Mondeo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
    I am guessing this will be very different than the Escape even though it will be based on the samy platform.
    I am also guessing it will get its own unique Lincoln V6 that they have hinted at
    I am also guessing it will get a hybrid powertrain so Lincoln can reach its goal of most fuel efficient luxury brand

In the mean time the new MKS and Navigator may be showing up soon. I am guessing with the MKS it will be at Detroit, Navigator I am not sure when but it needs an update yesterday
    The MKS has to be a real stunner...New sheet metal and greenhouse + a redo of the interior center console.

I forgot about the Navigator...If it is getting an update, than Expedition will too. It stand to reason that Expedition will try to imitate the new Explorer, so I guess the Navigator will look like a larger Explorer with Lincoln styling. I hope it is in showrooms by summer 2011.

Thanks

Navigator is in desperate need of a power-train upgrade. Styling needs to be addressed on the Navigator and the interior modernized to compete with the few remaining competitors in this segment like the Escalade and QX-56. MKS, it too needs a bit of something to help make it worth the extra cost above a Taurus...more luxurious styling, even more power possibly. The MKS is a harder one to read. But Lincoln as a whole is really about to change and follow a completely new direction. Given that Lincoln has a new chief designer that Ford hired away from Cadillac...the design direction and styling themes of Lincoln could really shift.

As for the C-segment Lincoln...I'm not a fan of the Concept C styling...and hope that Lincoln instead styles their vehicles in a more sleek, sexy, evocative shell...that exudes quality and luxury...and that these new C-segment cars offer markedly more power for the Lincoln brand against other competitors...like the upcoming Buick Verano.

Keep a careful eye on Lincoln, we are all playing witness to the birth of an all new car-brand over the next few years. For Lincoln to have a future and to move to become a Global car brand...it has to become something completely new!

RG59061
    Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RG59061 View Post
    Navigator is in desperate need of a power-train upgrade. Styling needs to be addressed on the Navigator and the interior modernized to compete with the few remaining competitors in this segment like the Escalade and QX-56. MKS, it too needs a bit of something to help make it worth the extra cost above a Taurus...more luxurious styling, even more power possibly. The MKS is a harder one to read. But Lincoln as a whole is really about to change and follow a completely new direction. Given that Lincoln has a new chief designer that Ford hired away from Cadillac...the design direction and styling themes of Lincoln could really shift.

As for the C-segment Lincoln...I'm not a fan of the Concept C styling...and hope that Lincoln instead styles their vehicles in a more sleek, sexy, evocative shell...that exudes quality and luxury...and that these new C-segment cars offer markedly more power for the Lincoln brand against other competitors...like the upcoming Buick Verano.

Keep a careful eye on Lincoln, we are all playing witness to the birth of an all new car-brand over the next few years. For Lincoln to have a future and to move to become a Global car brand...it has to become something completely new!

RG59061
    Also don't forget they hired that guy from Audi for product planning or what ever, I am really hoping they start mounting the engines the proper way with AWD like what Audi does now, that would really help set the Lincoln's apart from the Fords
    Current Car: 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    Previous Cars
    1994 Ford Econoline 150 Centaurus LTD Conversion Van Red and White 351 V8 4 Speed Automatic
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Ford Mondeo
    Thanks

Keep a careful eye on Lincoln, we are all playing witness to the birth of an all new car-brand over the next few years. RG59061
    The next few years do not seem to offer much towards the rebirth of Lincoln (a couple refreshes and a small CUV which competes at the lower end of the luxury segment). It is what follows this period that matters the most.

By that time, Ford will have achieved their goal of eliminating Lincoln dealers through the process of starving them of new models. Their new product planners, engineers, head designer, and marketing teams will be in place, and it is what they do which will determine what Lincoln will be 5 and 10 years from now....if Ford decides to invest enough money into Lincoln to let it happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 847 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
    The next few years do not seem to offer much towards the rebirth of Lincoln (a couple refreshes and a small CUV which competes at the lower end of the luxury segment). It is what follows this period that matters the most.

By that time, Ford will have achieved their goal of eliminating Lincoln dealers through the process of starving them of new models. Their new product planners, engineers, head designer, and marketing teams will be in place, and it is what they do which will determine what Lincoln will be 5 and 10 years from now....if Ford decides to invest enough money into Lincoln to let it happen.
    imho it almost sounds like FoMoCo is willing to shoot themselves in the foot...
    ...to shoot their unwanted Lincoln dealers in the HEAD!

esp since IF THEY WANTED TO, they could bring out a Focus-based Lincoln car practically immediately
    plus
    have the GRwdP ready to go within 2 years of GREENLIGHTING
    (which may have already occurred!)

Thanks

Here's the deal...I can understand that Ford has let Lincoln wander with little direction for many years as of late. It is asking what few dealers are left to take huge leap of faith on a supposed upcoming line-up of several new or heavily updated and reworked models and invest millions in upgrading their showrooms and level of service. Yes, given the track record with Lincoln in the past...I can understand the hesitation. Given that Ford had chosen to let Mercury languish for so long is just as bad...but amazingly Mercury still managed to outsell Lincoln, even to the bitter end.

But...when you have cynical auto critics like Peter DeLorenzo of AutoExtremist.com, Scott Burgess of the Detroit News, and Keith Naughton of Bloomberg come together and all agree that what is going to happen to Lincoln, is "like witnessing the birth of an all new car brand" and given their praises of what Ford has done to restructure its own operations and be able to make the tough and hard decision of killing off Mercury, and we can see the beginnings of these new products in the all new MKX...I really think we need to give Ford and Alan Mulally and the team at Lincoln the benefit of the doubt here.

Ford has eyes to grow Lincoln into a truly global luxury brand, and Alan has a vision for Ford and Lincoln stores to make them in essence the Apple Store of the automotive industry. High Quality, High Tech, a showcase for the latest and greatest in design, technology, and practicality. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...Alan may have beaten Steve Jobs to become Marketwatch CEO of the Year and Fortune Magazines number 2 CEO of the Year, but Steve should be honored and flattered that Allan is modeling Ford's dealers after Steve's stores.

This new CUV built off of the new Kuga/Escape replacement...should be a welcome addition to the new Lincoln Line-up, and I certainly can't wait to see what Lincoln has in store for the market. This is going to be the year of Chrysler...but watch out, Lincoln is right behind it.

That's my two cents.
    RG59061
    Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

Thanks

Here's the deal...I can understand that Ford has let Lincoln wander with little direction for many years as of late. It is asking what few dealers are left to take huge leap of faith on a supposed upcoming line-up of several new or heavily updated and reworked models and invest millions in upgrading their showrooms and level of service. Yes, given the track record with Lincoln in the past...I can understand the hesitation. Given that Ford had chosen to let Mercury languish for so long is just as bad...but amazingly Mercury still managed to outsell Lincoln, even to the bitter end.

But...when you have cynical auto critics like Peter DeLorenzo of AutoExtremist.com, Scott Burgess of the Detroit News, and Keith Naughton of Bloomberg come together and all agree that what is going to happen to Lincoln, is "like witnessing the birth of an all new car brand" and given their praises of what Ford has done to restructure its own operations and be able to make the tough and hard decision of killing off Mercury, and we can see the beginnings of these new products in the all new MKX...I really think we need to give Ford and Alan Mulally and the team at Lincoln the benefit of the doubt here.

Ford has eyes to grow Lincoln into a truly global luxury brand, and Alan has a vision for Ford and Lincoln stores to make them in essence the Apple Store of the automotive industry. High Quality, High Tech, a showcase for the latest and greatest in design, technology, and practicality. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...Alan may have beaten Steve Jobs to become Marketwatch CEO of the Year and Fortune Magazines number 2 CEO of the Year, but Steve should be honored and flattered that Allan is modeling Ford's dealers after Steve's stores.

This new CUV built off of the new Kuga/Escape replacement...should be a welcome addition to the new Lincoln Line-up, and I certainly can't wait to see what Lincoln has in store for the market. This is going to be the year of Chrysler...but watch out, Lincoln is right behind it.

That's my two cents.
    RG59061
    I agree 110%, I can't wait to see what they will do with Lincoln

Many people 5 years ago said Ford would not be able to make a comeback but look at them now

if anyone can turn Lincoln around its Mulally
    Previous Cars

Ford Mondeo
    Thanks

RG59061
    They should have kept Mercury alive with the Mariner/Milan to allow Lincoln/Mercury dealers some volume during this re-birth of Lincoln. That way the dealers who wished to commit to the new Lincoln, would have the money and the customer base needed for the re-birth.

That's my two cents.
    RG59061
    The problem with leading a Lincoln revolution with a small CUV is that many of the "lower end of the price range" luxury buyers are buying the brand name and not the vehicle itself. This is where the volume is, but mostly because people want to buy a Lexus or Mercedes etc... for under 40K, just to say they own a Lexus/Mercedes. Lincoln does not have that cache yet, and they won't until their full and mid size offerings are at the top of peoples buying lists.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.