Ford Inside News banner

NYC 2017: NEW NAVIGATOR! (Official = posts#43...)

87K views 395 replies 36 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#288 ·
After decades of brightly colored monochromatic interiors, for me the two-toned light and dark interiors is still the most appealing and modern. Anytime I'm in a darkly colored one-color interior I feel like I'm in a much cheaper car. But that's what I define as a luxury interior. As far as I can tell, only Chalet actually offers a two-tone interior on the new Navigator?

I also have to say that interior colors is one of the reasons I buy Lincoln instead of Ford. Ford's color selection, especially among the high-end Sport trims, is extremely limited.

#291 ·
I was disappointed to see the standard Navigator lighter interior isn't two tone....as you said, it looks cheaper to me. Even more reason to go for Chalet.

Yeah, I too have been disappointed by the high end Fords basically having become black only. Though the Platinum versions of Explorer and Fusion have added back a lighter interior, thankfully.

#293 ·
I think the most gorgeous non-black label interior on a Lincoln is the Cappuccino interior on the MKC. It's two toned with beige leather & dark mocha accents. Almost a warmer version of Chalet.

#299 ·
I like vineyard too however I wish it didn't replace indulgence because I really liked that one too!

Reactions: 2b2
#306 · (Edited)
#309 ·
Reactions: Bloggin
#308 ·
Apparently you've not seen a Jag with the base wheels then. They don't look any better. Every vehicle looks best with the larger, more proportionate wheels.

Reactions: Bloggin
#311 ·
Yea I am considering getting that OB2 connector when it's available so I can use my MKZ with that app since I don't have the optional modem in mine.

Reactions: 2b2
#312 ·
yes I have seen some of their standard wheels, but for the most part even their standard wheels aren't that small. take the F-Type for instance I think the smallest wheels it comes with are 18inches, and considering how much larger the Navi is, it should come with 20 inch standard BUT since it looking to make a big splash, the might as well make it 22in standard. Make sure the profiles and looks of all their vehicles look appropriate.

#314 ·
Navigator looks okay with the smaller wheels, it's the Continental that looks pretty bad in its base form. It doesn't help that Lincoln's likes to offers really garish gold/beige colors which really don't do the brand any favors on the streets. I know they want customers but they shouldn't be so accommodating to some of those with geriatric tastes. They'll get over it, I promise!

#317 · (Edited)
Navigator looks okay with the smaller wheels, it's the Continental that looks pretty bad in its base form. It doesn't help that Lincoln's likes to offers really garish gold/beige colors which really don't do the brand any favors on the streets. I know they want customers but they shouldn't be so accommodating to some of those with geriatric tastes. They'll get over it, I promise!
Some of those trims and colors have no doubt been influenced by Chinese exports,
I suspect the base car is OK for fleet buyers but retail buyer would be encouraged
to select and pay for options that move the needle more to their liking....

and judging by dealer stock, I'd be willing to be that the very base model is ignored by most retail buyers,
Reserve and Select make up over 80% of current dealer stock but around two thirds of the cars are less
then $60,000.
w

#326 · (Edited)

"During the course of this video, Doug DeMuro argues both for as well as against owning such a vehicle, which means it's up to you to decide whether we could live with its shortcomings.

In the end, buying something like the Escalade ESV Platinum comes down to personal preferences. On one hand, it's big, super capacious and comfortable, rides really well and has plenty of on-board tech to keep you busy. Then again, if you're a stickler for detail and a fan of fine craftsmanship, you might want to consider downsizing a bit and looking at a Range Rover or a Mercedes GLS instead."

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/05/would-you-spend-100000-on-cadillac.html

#327 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnwi14c4-dY

During the course of this video, Doug DeMuro argues both for as well as against owning such a vehicle, which means it's up to you to decide whether we could live with its shortcomings.
****, that's the top of the line Escalade? The Black Label Navigator is going to shame that thing! Not outsell it, but those who buy the Navigator are going to be very happy with their choice!

#331 · (Edited)
THANKS, @Topnotch :thumb:
are those from a physical brochure you got or a .Pdf one?

only finding this [BlackLabel] .Pdf still for 2017 modelyear
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018_LincolnContinental.pdf (345.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf 2018_LincolnMKZ.pdf (787.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf 2018_LincolnMKT.pdf (790.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf 2018_Navigator_new.pdf (322.6 KB, 14 views)
( next post )
File Type: pdf 2018_LincolnMKC.pdf (1.65 MB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf 2018_LincolnMKX.pdf (1.24 MB, 10 views)

#330 ·
If Lincoln had rolled this new gen out 3 years ago alongside Cadillac’s newest gen, then they would have been spared a lot of criticism. But then again, Aluminum would probably not have been in the cards. Lincoln planned wisely, imho. It is not easy adding all this luxury while taking weight down without lighter material. Eager to see how it does in reviews. Performance should be stellar and NVH should be quite impressive too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.