Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

  1. Welcome to Ford Inside News – General discussion forum for Ford

    Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

  1. #1
    The Spaminator ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,788
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 425 Times in 209 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19

    Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US
    Friday June 3, 2011
    Yahoo Finance

    TOKYO (AP) -- Mazda Motor Corp. plans to leave its joint venture with Ford Motor Co. and stop building cars in the U.S., the Nikkei financial daily reported Friday.

    Mazda and Ford operate the AutoAlliance International plant in Michigan as a 50-50 partnership. Citing unnamed company sources, the Nikkei said Mazda is considering selling its stake to Ford as the Japanese automaker tries to restructure its global production.

    Mazda cars sold in the U.S. will be shipped from Japan and Mexico starting around 2013, according to the Nikkei.

    In response, Mazda issued a short statement saying the report was not based on information it had released.

    "Mazda and Ford are jointly studying various possibilities for AAI, and we have nothing to announce at this time," Mazda said. "We do not comment on speculation."

    The plant in Flat Rock, Michigan manufactures the Mazda6 midsize sedan and the Ford Mustang. It employs about 1,700 workers, according to Ford.

    Full text at link
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

    GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Ford Falcon Ute Andrew L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,917
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 727 Posts

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US
    Friday June 3, 2011
    Yahoo Finance

    TOKYO (AP) -- Mazda Motor Corp. plans to leave its joint venture with Ford Motor Co. and stop building cars in the U.S., the Nikkei financial daily reported Friday.

    Mazda and Ford operate the AutoAlliance International plant in Michigan as a 50-50 partnership. Citing unnamed company sources, the Nikkei said Mazda is considering selling its stake to Ford as the Japanese automaker tries to restructure its global production.

    Mazda cars sold in the U.S. will be shipped from Japan and Mexico starting around 2013, according to the Nikkei.

    In response, Mazda issued a short statement saying the report was not based on information it had released.

    "Mazda and Ford are jointly studying various possibilities for AAI, and we have nothing to announce at this time," Mazda said. "We do not comment on speculation."

    The plant in Flat Rock, Michigan manufactures the Mazda6 midsize sedan and the Ford Mustang. It employs about 1,700 workers, according to Ford.

    Full text at link

    I think ALL MKZs should be built in Flat rock and maybe some Fusions as well, and leave Hermosillo for Fusion only.
    Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
    Previous Cars
    2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
    2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

  4. #3
    Focus RS WRC TurboS40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    970
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 149 Times in 109 Posts

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Good Bye Mazda6......Hello LincolnStang. Good Bye Zoom Zoom.....Hello Vroom Vrooom.

  5. #4
    Ford Focus ZX mercury_1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 92 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboS40 View Post
    Good Bye Mazda6......Hello LincolnStang. Good Bye Zoom Zoom.....Hello Vroom Vrooom.
    =========================================

    1999 Lincoln Town Car
    Former Vehicle:
    2005 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

  6. #5
    Ford Falcon Ute falcon lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,194
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 526 Times in 362 Posts

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mercury_1988 View Post
    Dont dream about that car... is a beautiful machine, but Ford dont want to give us that MKR concept... No matter how much the customers desire a good RWD Lincoln
    FALCON LOVER ____________________________________________
    My current car: 2012 Ford Explorer XLT AWD


  7. #6
    Mercury C557 2b2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
    Posts
    16,000
    Thanks
    6,811
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,876 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboS40 View Post
    Good Bye Mazda6......Hello LincolnStang. Good Bye Zoom Zoom.....Hello Vroom Vrooom.

    crossreference: AAI/FR speculation
    • Mustang
    • Mustang based Lincoln sportsedan & coupecabrio (Zodiac)
    • Lincoln MKZ
    • CD4+ Taurus?


    Quote Originally Posted by mercury_1988 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
    Dont dream about that car... is a beautiful machine, but Ford dont want to give us that MKR concept... No matter how much the customers desire a good RWD Lincoln
    I think I might actually be ready to start HOLDING MY BREATH
    Quote Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
    ...edit
    just discovered that Scott Tobin, Director, Lincoln Product Development (bio)
    is
    "...a member of the board of directors of AutoAlliance International, where the Mustang is built"
    hmmm...
    tho it'd be for a new (my?) style
    Last edited by 2b2; 06-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #7
    Ford Focus ZX mercury_1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 92 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
    Dont dream about that car... is a beautiful machine, but Ford dont want to give us that MKR concept... No matter how much the customers desire a good RWD Lincoln
    I won't give up hope as long as a new RWD platform is being developed for the Mustang . And who knows with the new one Ford mentality it would be a stupid idea to build an exclusive platform to accommodate one car .
    =========================================

    1999 Lincoln Town Car
    Former Vehicle:
    2005 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

  9. #8
    Mercury C557 2b2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
    Posts
    16,000
    Thanks
    6,811
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,876 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mercury_1988 View Post
    I won't give up hope as long as a new RWD platform is being developed for the Mustang . And who knows with the new one Ford mentality it would be a stupid idea to build an exclusive platform to accommodate one car .

    never Give up - never forget - never forgive - NEVER GIVE UP


    nother article with number I don't remember seeing
    http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...6824552612.txt
    The plant needs to run at 70 percent of its annual capacity of 240,000 vehicles — or 168,000 — to be profitable, Ozaki** said. The plant produced 54,000 vehicles last year.

    **
    Kiyoshi Ozaki, Mazda’s chief financial officer

  10. #9
    The Spaminator ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,788
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 425 Times in 209 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    Its official, Mazda is leaving the plant.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

    GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!


  11. #10
    Mercury C557 2b2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
    Posts
    16,000
    Thanks
    6,811
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,876 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Mazda to stop making cars in US

    ^ WHEN? toetap
    Last edited by 2b2; 06-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

*Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter the last two characters of the word "FordInsideNews"

*Required, this field is not shown to others. While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. Ford to expand Stop-Start tech to conventional powered cars, CUVs in NA
    By ausrutherford in forum Ford Corporate News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
  2. Fords Good Problem: Making Enough Small Cars
    By megeebee in forum Ford Car Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
  3. Union: Ford to stop making Escape in Missouri
    By Sal Collaziano in forum Ford Employee Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 05:05 AM
  4. Volvo Cars North America Sales Report for April
    By ndwariga in forum European Competition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 07:04 PM
  5. Mazda Claims Top Spot in Recent Reliability Report
    By Mbukukanyau in forum Mazda Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2