(UPDATE) SVT: 2013 GT500 and Fiesta ST
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (UPDATE) SVT: 2013 GT500 and Fiesta ST

Thanks
    Blog Entries

SVT doubles its lineup
    FordInsideNews.com
    June 27, 2011
    By: Austin Rutherford

UPDATE (June 30, 2011): FIN now knows the liter of the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Our source within Ford has now made mention that the SVT engine was developed from the Mustang GT's 5.0L V8! With 650 horsepower, the average for a liter will be an astonishing 130 each!

Just a few years ago, Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) was a shadow of its former self. That has all changed with its new range of products and will continue for the 2013 model year. Through its new partnership with Ford of Europe’s Team RS, SVT will double its lineup in addition to an update on an existing vehicle.

As we already know, the first joint effort between Ford’s two wholly owned performance teams will be the Focus ST. This will use the Focus’s five-door hatch body style and a 2.0-liter I4 EcoBoost engine with an estimated 247 horsepower. Production will take place in Wayne, Michigan and Saarlouis, Germany for North America and Europe. Australia and New Zealand should also receive imported models through Germany. No word as to if other plants will produce the vehicle.

SVT’s second new model in the lineup will be the second generation Fiesta ST. FIN can silence rumors as to what horsepower the model will carry. According to a source within Ford, the Fiesta ST with its 1.6-liter I4 EcoBoost engine will deliver 180 horsepower. The European and North American models will be different due to their slight engineering and design differences. The Fiesta ST for Europe will be offered in a three-door body style while the North American model will be offered in the five-door body style.

To “one up” General Motors’ releasing of the 556 horsepower Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, Ford’s SVT will give the 2013 Shelby GT500 a heart transplant. Unlike the current supercharged 5.4-liter, the new engine will be turbocharged. Though FIN cannot bring you the engine's new displacement, a 5.0 and 5.8 have been rumored. We can tell you that the engine will deliver a Camaro-killing 650 horsepower according to our sources. This upgrade will make the 2013 GT500 the most powerful, factory made Mustang ever.

The people at SVT and Team RS are hard at work bringing the world the best in automotive performance. We can only hope that the 2013 model year is only the beginning of more models being added to performance lineup.
    Last edited by ausrutherford; 06-30-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: SVT Update: 2013 GT500 and Fiesta ST

I thought I read from several sources that the Focus ST was rated as having 250hp---is the 230hp a misprint? I think NA really needs either the 3-door Fiesta or a 3 door Focus either one would help fend off coupe sells of the Japanese persausion. I hope the new engine being transplanted into the updated Shelby finds it way into a Lincoln flagship of some sort. I'm salivating just thinking about it.
    Last edited by CrunkedRL; 06-27-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks

Who said the HP wars was over? If that 650 HP figure is accurate, holy cow. GM does have the LS9 to slap in if GM wanted to match it, but I doubt they will do that. Any guess how much the new GT500 will weigh?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkedRL View Post
    I thought I read from several sources that the Focus ST was rated as having 250hp---is the 230hp a misprint? I think NA really needs either the 3-door Fiesta or a 3 door Focus either one would help fend off coupe sells of the Japanese persausion. I hope the new engine being transplanted into the updated Shelby finds it way into a Lincoln flagship of some sort. I'm salivating just thinking about it.
    Thanks, I had forgot they gave an updated estimated number later on.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Thanks

That Fiesta ST should be one quick bugga
    Current Car: 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    Previous Cars
    1994 Ford Econoline 150 Centaurus LTD Conversion Van Red and White 351 V8 4 Speed Automatic
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Ford Ka
    Thanks

I really hope the SVT/RS merger produces a Monedo ST/Fusion SHO (please dear god call it the SHO in the US, Ford) in the next couple years. Please oh please.

Ford Ka
    Thanks

I hear 5.0L Eco Boost.

Wasn't there spy shots of a cutaway 5.0L with an Injector Boss in it's head?

Thanks

Holy crap. Forget the FWD stuff, let's focus on a pony car with more horsepower than the most powerful Corvette. But, as the current GT500 points out, how does Ford plan to get that much power & torque to the pavement?

Thanks

Wink Re: SVT Update: 2013 GT500 and Fiesta ST

The Focus ST was rated at '250PS' when it was introduced earlier this year. That translates to 247 hp. The Mondeo with the EB20 is rated in 2 versions of 200 and 230 (I don't know if it's PS or HP) each.
    The Fiesta @ 180 will compete with Polo GT IF VW brings it over (At least the Polo is still scheduled to arrive). The 5-dr in NA makes sense because besides the powerplant and wheel/suspension upgrades, that is the only major changes which do not require any changes to the assembly in Mexico.
    Someone mentioned forget FWD, I'd love to see Mustangs school Cameros and there are quite a few of them where I live even the GT500 and SS so far. I want to see the Fiesta and Focus ST here as in yesterday. The Hot Hatch is alive and well and it is not difficult to acquire one opposed to a GT500. I would love to school some pretentious VW GTI, Civic SI and Subaru WRX snobs.

Thanks

The wheel/tire setup is pretty good so far AFAIK, I admit that's limited. Perhaps the IRS that's been talked about and ESC has come a long way over the years. Just speculating.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.