Ford Inside News banner

FIN Exclusive: Ford Focus Wagon to America in 2012

79K views 71 replies 39 participants last post by  LinoOstrow 
#1 ·
Ford Focus Wagon to America in 2012
FordInsideNews
SobeSVT

Ford Inside News confirmed today that Ford finally green lighted the Ford Focus Station Wagon for the US.

Great news for station wagon lovers all over the nation!!

See less See more
#52 ·
(lost my post's first version :p almost the 2nd too :p :p hope this makes sense)

I'm positive that either
the first MCE of the Grand C-Max will come to the U.S.
OR be eliminated

possibly cuz I'm hoping for a sporty small Lincolnette CAR based on the longer C3 wheelbase
also think it was more about not having to import it vs
waiting for Louisville to be up and running
tho
maybe Ford decided the styling of the C-Max/GCM wasn't quite on-target for the U.S. -- except for hybrids

#54 ·
I just looked at the article in one of the mainstream auto magazines on the new Ford Escape on exhibit at the L.A. show - I think they're predicting highway mpg at @ 30 - 31. That's a bunch of crap, as far as I'm concerned. The Focus wagon would probably offer at least 35.... not to say the least, much better city ratings. I think an all out campaign is going to have to be launched by the public to get Ford off their duffs and produce the wagon here in North America.

#55 ·
I just looked at the article in one of the mainstream auto magazines on the new Ford Escape on exhibit at the L.A. show - I think they're predicting highway mpg at @ 30 - 31. That's a bunch of crap, as far as I'm concerned. The Focus wagon would probably offer at least 35.... not to say the least, much better city ratings. I think an all out campaign is going to have to be launched by the public to get Ford off their duffs and produce the wagon here in North America.
There is a facebook page for keeping the Ford Falcon RWD and they post on FMC's facebook all the time... perhaps something like that to get the ball rolling?

#56 ·
It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how much time something like that takes to start-up, maintain, and monitor. One would hope that someone at Ford views some of these blogs and gets a feel for what the public probably really wants, but does not know how to go about socializing. True - the Facebook idea would promote our idea here quite well.

#58 ·
My first car was a Ford Focus Wagon and i loved it! I would'nt ask myself if i would go for a ford focus wagon, i would just go for it!
I love camping, a regular car would be to small and you don't get that much more space in an SUV, I've been sleeping in my car a couple of time because i had enought room.
The look, the space, and the quality, That is what i like about this car!

#59 ·
My first car was a Ford Focus Wagon and i loved it! I would'nt ask myself if i would go for a ford focus wagon, i would just go for it!
I love camping, a regular car would be to small and you don't get that much more space in an SUV, I've been sleeping in my car a couple of time because i had enought room.
The look, the space, and the quality, That is what i like about this car!

#61 ·
Great news! I have really been wanting a small or midsize wagon to come out. When I wrecked my ranger I was pretty worried about the MPG of a fullsize, I wanted a wagon pretty bad, but the Elantra Touring MPGs were not impressive to me, in the end found a good deal on a truck and decided to suffer a little with the MPG.

But the next family car I will be pushing for a good MPG wagon type!

#64 ·
I started a Facebook group as a petition to Ford to bring the Focus Estate to the U.S. I know it might not do anything, but if it worked for getting Betty White on SNL, maybe it'll work with Ford. :)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/231792820241699/

If you like the idea, please join the group. If not, no worries.

Also, if you like the idea of the wagon coming over, please please please don't say you'll only buy it if it's got 230hp, a 6-spd manual, AWD and get's 35mpg hwy. We all want something like that, but let's get it here first then ask for specifics instead of putting the cart before the horse. :)

#65 ·
Hey all, I also have a Facebook group Bring Back the Focus Wagon (North America) on the same subject, and agree with pablo above - let's just get the bodystyle here first, then work on the ST version. We should probably combine the two groups into one slightly more powerful entity.

Has anyone heard anything recently (concrete or not) about the likelihood of the wagon coming to North America? Now that Hyundai is officially aping the Focus 5-door with their new Elantra, that leaves the sub-par Golf wagon as the only current choice. The stage is set for the return of a real small wagon. I realize the Escape is coming, but am still not, and will never be, interested in an SUV/CUV. I've owned 2001 and 2004 Focus wagons and they were the most practical, fun small cars I've had the pleasure of driving. I once delivered a full-sized love seat in one, comfortably. Not to mention being able to fit bikes and musical gear (guitars, amps, etc) in the cargo bay.

Nothing like a good rumour to get the ball rolling... :)

#70 ·
This thread should be locked because it is obvious Ford will not sell the Focus wagon in the U.S. I wish it would, as that would be my next car, but Ford obviously feels that the Focus 5 door, Escape, C-Max, and Transit Connect meet the needs of this market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.