Ford Inside News banner

New Ford Commercial Ditches Logo, Doesn’t Mention Brand

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Luke Vandezande
May 01
AutoGuide

In an interesting marketing tactic, Ford‘s latest commercial uses an unusual scheme to get attention: it doesn’t mention the brand at all.

Viewers are used to commercials like the chest-thumping superbowl commercials that throw branding in your face like a team dumping the water jug on its coach after a big win. Unlike Chevrolet’s ad, which did exactly that, Ford is taking a more modest approach in an attempt to make viewers curious.

Full text at link

#4 ·
Imho this is the first step - to be followed by tying in the Go Further with "FORD"

I also think it's a fiendish plot:
the husband gets turned off by the talk-talk BUT the wife is hooked on the guy's voice and asks her husband, "What kind of car is that?"
He replies, "Forget it we can't afford a new Audi/Acura/....."

later,
she sees the FORD version and...

...he never hears the end of it

#5 ·
I saw the Ford commercial last night. They almost look like vehicles that are styling proposals and not the actual production models. This ad campaign is a good concept. It keeps you guessing what are the vehicles. Wondering if this approach would work for Lincoln to shake the "current" image and show something completely new beginning with the MKZ plus future models about to be launched. Saw the new MKS commercial last night as well. It's better than the current MKZ commercial but the whole effect is still too dry. The new MKS commercial is a step in the right direction but needs more to keep my attention. Perhaps a "Drive Everything Else First" (used when the MK8 was introduced) campaign could work?

#6 ·
I was captivated by the commercials - this was truly innovative - unlike the stupid Government Motors commercials recently (the Chevrolet Camry Eco being one of the worst commercials ever) - you weren't repulsed by the fake appeal - what is also innovative is Ford will track the hits on the website noted in the commercial and key these with the time the commercials are playing - this will show the effectiveness of the campaign. This has all the hallmarks of Farley's work.

I can't wait to see the sales results of the new Fusion - it has been a long time since "stunning" could be used on a "family car" and it makes the new Sonata look garish in comparison. Look for 30,000 per month Fusion sales. This car is so good that it will increase Fusion sales by 25%.

That Focus SVT was stunning too - in red - wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.