Ford: New 5 Year Plan coming - Reuters

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AM222 
#1 ·
Ford revamps internal outlook as Europe woes drag - Reuters
By Deepa Seetharaman
Thu Jun 7, 2012 6:07pm EDT

• Revamped business plan to be presented in mid-July
  • Plan being tailored to account for European woes-CFO

DETROIT, June 7 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is revamping its internal five-year business plan to take into account the marked deterioration in the European economy over the last year, the No. 2 U.S. automaker's chief financial officer said in an interview on Thursday.

"We have to develop a better plan in response to what's going to be a much less favorable external environment," CFO Bob Shanks said. "How do we tack to respond to new realities? That's what we're in the process of doing."...

...Europe's debt crisis has depressed demand for new vehicles in the 19 markets Ford tracks in the region, where automakers had already been contending with over capacity, paper-thin margins and tough price competition. Ford expects to lose between $500 million and $600 million in Europe this year.

Concerns about the health of Spain's banks and the prospect of Greece exiting the euro zone after an election on June 17 have unsettled global markets. The U.S. economic recovery increasingly appears at risk and growth in major emerging economies such as Brazil, India and China has slowed sharply...

...The automaker prepares four internal updates on its business every year. Two of those updates are deep, detailed studies of the automaker's business and include five-year projections.

Ford will continue to tweak its five-year outlook over the course of the year. In December, Ford will present the plan to its board of directors "to get confirmation," Shanks added.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well Ford...just remember there still better be monies allowed to Lincoln to bring the Brand back to World-Class. Lincoln (and Mercury) suffered back in 2002 to current when Ford spent mega dollars to "pretty-up" Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Volvo to unload them. Now it's Lincoln's turn to get the "good stuff" instead of what's currently available.(excluding the new yet to buy MKZ because that is a step in the right direction) We expect an earth rotational shifting MKS replacement. Speaking of MKS....did anyone else see the camo-covered proposed 2014 MKS on the Popular Mechanics website?

#4 ·
Well Ford...just remember there still better be monies allowed to Lincoln to bring the Brand back to World-Class. Lincoln (and Mercury) suffered back in 2002 to current when Ford spent mega dollars to "pretty-up" Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Volvo to unload them. Now it's Lincoln's turn to get the "good stuff" instead of what's currently available.(excluding the new yet to buy MKZ because that is a step in the right direction) We expect an earth rotational shifting MKS replacement. Speaking of MKS....did anyone else see the camo-covered proposed 2014 MKS on the Popular Mechanics website?
I did a search on their website and only found spy shots of the new fusion

http://www.popularmechanics.com/car...014-lincoln-mks-car-spy?click=main_sr#slide-1

I hope you are talking about something else

#7 ·
I downloaded those same pix last October 19th

otoh
somewhere around here is an old thread (2 years ago?) with a different looking camo'ed MKS that some of us thought was also a little LONGER than a std MKS

REALLY wish I knew if Lincoln is planning on
- keeping the D3/4-MKS,
- switching to a "CD4+3" nextgen MKS,
- taking the MKS upto the MKT's wlb,
- replacing the current MKS with a GRwdP Continental, . . .

#8 ·
REALLY wish I knew if Lincoln is planning on
- keeping the D3/4-MKS,
- switching to a "CD4+3" nextgen MKS,
- taking the MKS upto the MKT's wlb,
- replacing the current MKS with a GRwdP Continental, . . .
I understand how you feel. Every single day I check Autoblog, InsideLine, Leftlane, etc hoping there are some Lincoln spy pics but no that never happens. Now that the MKZ is out of the way we should already have seen some spy pics of something new. But then I don't want it to be a compact CUV. I would rather see something more exciting like a RWD car or a Halo.

#9 ·
I understand how you feel. Every single day I check Autoblog, InsideLine, Leftlane, etc hoping there are some Lincoln spy pics but no that never happens. Now that the MKZ is out of the way we should already have seen some spy pics of something new. But then I don't want it to be a compact CUV. I would rather see something more exciting like a RWD car or a Halo.
Aye. I do the same. There's RARELY ever any Ford news out there...

#10 ·
Let the new MKZ (core product)generate sales revenue then those monies can be re-invested to build the good stuff. Lincoln has pay its way so to speak with increased sales or it joins Mercury in the great parking garage in the sky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.