2012: The Year That Will Mark the Death of Eight Ford Models
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012: The Year That Will Mark the Death of Eight Ford Models

Thanks
    Blog Entries

2012: The Year That Will Mark the Death of Eight Ford Models

One Ford takes most of its final steps
    FordInsideNews.com
    April 2, 2012
    By: Austin Rutherford

The year 2012 will not only mark the end of the Earth (we kid of course), but will also be the most pivotal year, outside of the subsidiaries that were sold off, for the ONE Ford plan within the internal company. No less than eight Ford models will have been killed off by December 21st.

The first of these models ended sales in January. This vehicle was the Ford I-Max. The I-Max was only sold in Taiwan and was a rebadge of the Mazda5, which Ford builds in the country for the company. There is no word if Ford will replace the I-Max with the C-Max, also a compact MPV, but Ford has announced they will introduce more vehicles in the coming years.

A vehicle which has already ended production, but not sales, is the Ford Bantam. This sub-compact truck is based off the fourth generation Fiesta. The vehicles long lost sister, the Ford Courier, will also see production end in 2013. Rumors out of Ford of Australia say a replacement could be in store using the Figo as a base, but Ford has announced nothing.

Ford do Brazil and Argentina have been building and selling versions of the F-Series for decades, but this has all come in an end. Though Ford of Venezuela started production of the new Super Duty last year, the southern South American countries believe that the new Ranger will be enough to replace their Super Duty that still resembles our 2005-2007 model.

The European Fusion will also end sales in 2012. Not to be confused with the mid-size Fusion offered in North America, this is a sub-compact MPV that will be replaced by the all-new B-Max. Replacing this German made model, built in the same factory as the Fiesta, with a Romanian built model will allow Ford to save money due to reducing fixed employee and complexity costs.

The North American Ranger, which ended production in 2011, will soon stop sales as well. No replacement is scheduled. With rising gas prices, perhaps Ford should reconsider and bring the new Ranger to North America.

The dinosaurs known as the Crown Victoria and Town Car will see their sales finally end in 2012 as Ford has developed their replacements, the Taurus PI and Lincoln MkT Livery. The latter of these has not seen its formal debut as of yet, but it should be soon.

The last model to be killed off is actually a merger. The Ford Mondeo will become the same model as the all-new Fusion essentially ending its term as its own model in 2013.

Which models will Ford also kill off in the One Ford plan? The Taiwanese-only Ford Econovan and Mexican-only Lincoln Mark LT would be on our short list. All in all, by the beginning of 2013, the Ford Motor Company will be down to around 44 models worldwide, or 86% the level of the beginning of 2012.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Ford Ka
    Thanks

Re: 2012: The Year That Will Mark the Death of Eight Ford Models

Nice summary.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 797 Posts
    Blog Entries

extremely interesting, ausrutherford something I'd never have put together in my own thoughts

kinda wonder if this marks a 'watershed' moment for Fomoco

Thanks

Ford just getting leaner to flex out its muscles. Ford is healthy at the moment so i'm happy.

Wonder if Ford willing to ax the Mark LT, and if that's the case the cartels just lost their luxury truck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cobra#1 View Post
    Ford just getting leaner to flex out its muscles. Ford is healthy at the moment so i'm happy.

Wonder if Ford willing to ax the Mark LT, and if that's the case the cartels just lost their luxury truck.
    They can just offer the Lobo Platinum I am sure.

Ford Focus
    Thanks

The only thing I see missing from this right up is the E-series vans in the U.S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by georgewerr View Post
    The only thing I see missing from this right up is the E-series vans in the U.S.
    E Series isn't going away this year
    Current Car: 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    Previous Cars
    1994 Ford Econoline 150 Centaurus LTD Conversion Van Red and White 351 V8 4 Speed Automatic
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Thanks
    Blog Entries

E-Series still has a few more years on its plate for sure.

Thanks

Ford announces seven new vehicles for 2013:
    * The Ford Thunderbird: a FWD/AWD midsize personal luxury coupe based on the Taurus with the 3.7L V6 and EcoBoost 3.5L V6
    * The Lincoln LSC/LSS: RWD midsize performance coupe and sedan based on stretched and widened Mustang with the 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8
    * The Lincoln Town Car: A FWD/AWD sedan based on the LWB Flex with the 3.7L V6 and EcoBoost 3.5L V6
    * The Ford Fairlane: A FWD/AWD minivan based on the LWB Flex with the 3.5L V6 and EcoBoost 2.0L I4
    * The Lincoln Aviator: A FWD/AWD CUV based on the Explorer with the 3.5L V6 and EcoBoost 2.0L I4
    * The Lincoln Navigator: A RWD/4WD SUV based on the Expedition L with the 5.0L V8 and EcoBoost 3.5L V6
    * The Lincoln Capri: A FWD/AWD two-seat convertible based on the Fusion with EcoBoost 2.0L I4
    Buy American!
    Buy Ford!
    So say we all...

Ford Focus
    Thanks

I like the idea of the Thunderbird. If only this was true.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.