Ford reps still don't know/understand MyFord Touch system
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford reps still don't know/understand MyFord Touch system

Thanks

Angry Ford reps still don't know/understand MyFord Touch system

April 10, 2012 - How utterly disappointing! I've had my 2011 Explorer Limited for a year now and over all it has been an excellent vehicle...except the MyFord Touch system. It recognizes voice inputs about half the time for me. It's worse when attempting to work the navigation system, which is a very good one otherwise. It's been very frustrating waiting for the upgrade that Ford has been talking about for months. But the most frustrating thing about the whole thing has been that very few Ford people even know its proper name let alone how it works or when the update is coming. My personal experience at the Detroit Auto Show was that the four reps I spoke with told me immediately that they knew nothing about it calling it "the MyTouch stuff" or similar. One woman, who was identified by a supervisor as "the expert at the show" asked me, "Are you asking about SYNC or MyFord? I know SYNC but I don't know anything about the other. I'm not technologically savy so I can't help you with that." Then, at the Chicago Auto Show it took me asking four reps before I found the one guy who knew the system. He showed me quite a bit and it left me wanting the update even more. However, despite Ford's promise of it coming out in January of '12 and then putting it off until "first quarter," I'm still waiting into 2Q. I called syncmyride.com last week to ask about this and I was assured I could just go straight to the dealership of my choice and they would know how to do it even though I still hadn't received anything from Ford. I called my dealership today and the service rep called it MyTouch (!!!) and said that she didn't know anything about it but that I should call Ford's 1-800 tech number to complain. I did and was told that someone would call my dealership to work it out and it would take up to 48 hours to hear back. He was surprized that I hadn't gotten anything yet but after checking his records, he didn't say that anything had been sent yet.

Why did Ford release such a hi-tech system that is so troublesome? Why did they fail to familiarize its service people, sales reps, and auto show personnel (in Detroit no less!) with this system? How unprofessional of its management to allow this. I'm a long time Ford buyer and I have never seen such a lack of professionalism among its representatives that they don't even know the name of a new and expensive option that is available in one form or another on many if not most of its vehicles. I'm amazed that staff hasn't been at least briefed on this troublesome system so that their people could at least sound professional. I'm tired of hearing, "I don't know anything that," or them calling it by the wrong name. Had I had a clue that I'd be experiencing such poor service for this particular item, I would've either saved my money and looked for an Explorer without it or I would've bought the new Durango. As this goes on, I'm looking more and more at Dodge...
    Buy American!
    Buy Ford!
    So say we all...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Ford Mondeo
    Thanks

Re: Ford reps still don't know/understand MyFord Touch system

Quote Originally Posted by T'Cal View Post
    I called my dealership today and the service rep called it MyTouch (!!!)
    That sounds like something altogether different, but probably even more distracting than the vehicle's 'entertainment' system.
    The early bird gets the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ford Sport Ka
    Thanks

Re: Ford reps still don't know/understand MyFord Touch system

Thanks for this long post.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.