2015 Ford Mustang To Gallop Globally - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2015 Ford Mustang To Gallop Globally

Ford Ka
    Thanks

Re: 2015 Ford Mustang To Gallop Globally

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    Thanks!!!

I had forgotten about that article (getting old.....lol). I was just thinking, if GM does go through with the highly rumored (almost confirmed) Chevrolet SS rwd sedan, it would be cool if Ford would counter that with a similar sedan as well, and not just for Lincoln.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ejd1984 View Post
    Thanks!!!

I had forgotten about that article (getting old.....lol). I was just thinking, if GM does go through with the highly rumored (almost confirmed) Chevrolet SS rwd sedan, it would be cool if Ford would counter that with a similar sedan as well, and not just for Lincoln.
    It would be. They problem is what is going down in Australia can all affect this. GM has the next Commodore being FWD as it stands now which would kill off the Chevy "SS" model later this decade. Of course, Commodore going back to RWD can be down if GM can get money from the government.

This can affect Ford's plans as well. I am sure they would like to keep the Falcon on RWD, but theres a lot of uncertainty if its rival goes off it, if the platform can be used on the Mustang, and others. Time will certainly time.

And yes, i agree, having a new Falcon in NA would be nice...and a much needed addition to the lineup. Lincoln will most certainly have to use the next Mustang's platform. How much they use it, as in number of models, is the question that have to ask ourselves.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Ford Ka
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    It would be. They problem is what is going down in Australia can all affect this. GM has the next Commodore being FWD as it stands now which would kill off the Chevy "SS" model later this decade. Of course, Commodore going back to RWD can be down if GM can get money from the government.

This can affect Ford's plans as well. I am sure they would like to keep the Falcon on RWD, but theres a lot of uncertainty if its rival goes off it, if the platform can be used on the Mustang, and others. Time will certainly time.

And yes, i agree, having a new Falcon in NA would be nice...and a much needed addition to the lineup. Lincoln will most certainly have to use the next Mustang's platform. How much they use it, as in number of models, is the question that have to ask ourselves.
    From what I've read on other websites the Chevrolet Commodore/SS is rumored to be released for sale to the public next year, but in limited numbers (just enough to get it in NASCAR). The problem that GM has had with the Caprice (and G8) were not only the lengthy import times, but the substantially lower profit margin resulting from the exchange rates.

Where Ford would have the advantage with a true global rwd platform it that the sedan(s) can be built here in North America on the same assembly line. Where as GM has to do some serious investing here to do the same. To me Chrysler/Dodge has shown that there is still a viable and profitable market here in the US for a rwd sedan. It almost seems to be that Ford and GM are somewhat playing a game of "chicken", to see what the other will do first.

I think that both the Australian Commodore and Falcon are secure to remaining rwd until the end of this decade, after that...............................?

I'm just hoping that amongst the Detroit manufactures (Ford and GM), there will be something of a revival for large rwd American sedans.

To me, this shows what can really be done with modern engineering - MPG-O-Matic: 2011 Dodge Charger Hemi, AWD, 31.7mpg hwy.

Thanks

http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-mus...n-styling.html

Next Mustang to get Fusion Styling! Those that have seen the 2015 Mustang say it looks nearly identical to the Evos concept and has a distinct Aston Martin flair to it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scford58 View Post
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-mus...n-styling.html

Next Mustang to get Fusion Styling! Those that have seen the 2015 Mustang say it looks nearly identical to the Evos concept and has a distinct Aston Martin flair to it.
    Thanks for finding that. I think that deserves its own post.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Thanks

Thanks Ausrutherford I wasn't sure.............

8. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.