Lincstang: the Beginning?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News – General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincstang: the Beginning?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 928 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lincstang: the Beginning?

not much of an article imho
    but wonder if this is the first foreshadowing for a real Announcement?

Lincoln Wants 2015 Mustang Components for RWD Sedan, Could Be a Study In Ford’s Brand Discipline - Car and Driver
    June 22, 2012 at 11:52am by Dave Mable

With development of the all-new 2015 Mustang well underway, the car’s component set—or more precisely, part of its component set—has activated interest in a rear-wheel-drive platform to underpin a Lincoln sedan.

We’ve learned that Ford is contemplating a new four-door platform using the next Mustang’s MacPherson front and new independent rear suspension (spy photos of the new rear setup here) as its basis, along with some of the pony car’s larger underbody stampings. With the manufacturer time and again stating its commitment to the wayward Lincoln brand, moving forward with rear-drive plans would allow the blue oval to back up its words with something of substance. Indeed, key folks in Lincoln’s planning and design departments are on the prowl for rear-drive products that can go head-to-head with Cadillac and other serious luxury makes. There are three possibilities, as outlined below...

More...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

FIN Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Lincstang: the Beginning?

It's about time we hear something about a RWD Lincoln. Hopefully, it will finally happen. Thanks for posting 2b2!

Thanks

Just read this on Car and driver and hope Ford approves and not just break everyone's heart.
    Ford needs to prove them selves or pack their bags. The current approach wont put them on top.
    Long live RWD
    Now let just watch the show

Thanks

Maybe it should be Falincstang for Falcon/Lincoln/Mustang. I'd guess Ford will do a world class chassis for a world class car, spread over several models and several countries. It's the only way it would financial sense.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

hi Timmm

everything I've seen online so far has indicated that the Mustang platform will remain "silo'ed" to a single size segment...
    ...with the possible/probable exception of engine compartment sharing with Falcon & whatever Falcon spawns or shares with

not saying things couldn't have changed - just haven't seen anyone but non-insider posters say otherwise so far
    Last edited by 2b2; 06-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks

Lincoln should use this platform for a coupe, sedan, and convertible. The sedan should be built on a slightly longer wheelbase, maybe 4" longer. While I'd love to see a two seater, a 2+2 convertible will likely sell better. This car is not meant to be a muscle car; it would be a muscular near luxury car. The base engine would be a 275 HP or so Ecoboost 2.3L I4 and the optional powerplant would be the 360 HP Ecoboost 3.5L V6. Call it the Mark IX or if they simply MUST stay with the silly alphanumeric nonsense, the MK9.
    Buy American!
    Buy Ford!
    So say we all...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

^ since I want Rwd Lincolns to be a step higher than their F-Awd vehicles,
    imho the base engine should be a 350hp Nano 2.7EB
    (& the top an upto 700hp 5.0EB - maybe with minor electrics up-front-only instead of "ordinary" Awd)
    ((tho not *just* a muscle car, I see a Lincstang competing with the BMW M6 as well as most 3-series))
    &
    instead of a coupe + convertible, have just a coupe-cabrio/hard'vert (less direct comparison with the Mustang that way)
    ((chops in Mission:LINCOLN))
    &
    tried to turn the coupe-cabrio into a 4-door sportsedan and it looked horrible...
    ...now starting to wonder if a LOT of mechanical changes would be necessary for both to look good?
    (agree: NO 2 seater!)
    Last edited by 2b2; 06-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is just more news that its possible to get a RWD Lincoln...and Ill take it all.
    Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Thanks

I know it's heretical. But I'd love to see the Mustang brand expanded to a sedan.

Thanks

Finally some welcomed good news about Lincoln. Thanks for the post 2b2. I would love to see a true Lincoln rwd doing battle with BWM 3-Series and friends.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.