Ford Inside News banner

What do you want to see from Lincoln?

67K views 283 replies 38 participants last post by  Wfbjr134 
#1 ·
This is my wish list:grin2:

-Zephyr (we know this is coming) get rid of the swoopy shape and give it a more refined look like the continental

-Entry compact car to compete with the 3 series/C class, Versailles

-an entry level 3 row crossover priced between the C and the X, MKE?

-A compact crossover like the GLA class/QX30, MKA

-Mark 9, multiple versions sedan/coupe/convertible, a lower end one to compete with the Stingray/Boxster/Cayman and a higher end one to compete with the 911, M6, Z06 ETC, and limited editions to compete with the likes of the GT3.RS

-Aviator (this is coming)

-All Lincoln sedans to come in a 4 door convertible version (this isn't possible anymore because regulations :frown2: )

-Full size flagship above the Conti to compete with the S class/7 series, Cosmopolitan

-The entire range of Lincoln cars from the Zephyr to the Navigator to come in electric and hybrid versions

-A performance division called greyhound (it was lincolns first logo and the greyhound is a racing dog)

-An electric division called Mark E

-A Bentley Bentayga fighter (if cadillac is making one why cant Lincoln?)

a man can dream :laugh2:

See less See more
#154 ·
At this point, I'd just like to see them survive here in the States. They'll be fine in China, but if Hackett thinks he can replace most of the models with Platinum or even Vignale trims here, euthanizing the brand in the U.S. will save the company a lot of development costs going forward. I hope that's not the plan, but the lack of details on Lincoln's future is disheartening.

#158 ·
^ You don't need to convince me on the benefits of keeping Lincoln around. I am firmly in that corner, if for no other reason than to give Ford loyalists a place to go when their wallets have outgrown the Blue Oval brand. But generally speaking, bean counters don't think conceptually. It's all black and white to them. You cut costs, you increase profits. Period. On the surface, Hackett seems like a bean counter to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I sure hope I'm wrong. Somebody PLEASE prove that I'm wrong.

Anybody know what he drives? You can learn a lot about a person by what he/she keeps in the garage. Oftentimes you can learn just as much by the garage itself.

#159 ·
^ dunno but I see him as 'alien'(to the auto biz) and clueless more than an actual bean-counter
+
to me, 'bean-counter' by itself isn't a mortal sin - that's reserved for short-sighted people (w-or-w/o a statistics fetish) who can't see past the next Quarter or whatev

...Anybody know what he drives? You can learn a lot about a person by what he/she keeps in the garage. Oftentimes you can learn just as much by the garage itself.
excellent question :thumb::thumb: ... also WHY DON"T WE KNOW THIS ABOUT HIM ALREADY???
even with Mulally we knew immediately that he was coming from driving a Lexoid

#162 · (Edited)
I don't believe Lincoln is meeting the sales targets that Field's had promised with the big investment so I would not be surprised if Hackett has very little interest in further developing Lincoln in the US. But because of China, it's possible it can prop up the US business. Lincoln's overall global volume is still a TINY fraction of its competitors, we only look at US sales but when you look at global sales Lincoln is microscopic compared to everybody, even Cadillac. I don't think they'll shutter Lincoln but I think they will likely draw down on those investments and possibly reorganize Lincoln in China. And unlike other luxury makers, it's not developing any technology for Ford and is more of a corporate vanity project than an essential business. If I were Hackett, I would probably get rid of Lincoln, it's just not producing results and it's a brand with far too many expensive problems to overcome. Lincoln is really running into scenario where it can't justify spending to the next level because the customers just aren't showing up because it's a Lincoln. And Lincoln will never be a global luxury product, it barely survives in the US and there is no potential for it in other Ford markets. That's why its was probably always best to start a luxury brand from scratch at a global scale, but ultimately I think Ford has just biffed it and this moment has passed and they have to move on without a luxury marque of their own. Ford's huge margin maker will have to be trucks and trucks alone.

As for Mustang, pretty sure that's going nowhere but I think the V8 is likely heading into the sunset sooner than later at Ford.

#163 ·
...... it's just not producing results and it's a brand with far too many perception problems that they haven't been able to overcome like it's former PAG partners.
But the question is, why?

You are correct that the former PAG brands are doing exceptionally well from a global sales and perception standpoint. The only difference between them and Lincoln is the amount of investment into the brands.

They key is consistent effort and smart investment, that builds sales and perception. As mentioned millions of times before, Ford understands this when it comes to their trucks and the Mustang hence their leading positions in their segments; but when it comes to any other model/brand they seem to get sudden amnesia (or laziness) either way it's not good.

#164 ·
Well, not sure what this means in the big picture, but I saw several unibody Lincolns running on chassis dynos today, spinning only the rear wheels. Again, I honestly don't know what the big picture is for Lincoln, but work continues, so that is a good sign.

But if you actually believed the repetitive words of some, you would think Lincoln should just lock their NA doors at this point.
Sales are OK, considering the product offered. All new Navi and freshened CUV's will do wonders for sales in the short term.

#173 · (Edited)
Sales are OK, considering the product offered. All new Navi and freshened CUV's will do wonders for sales in the short term.
I've heard this before but it never actually happens, even with a fleet of all-new vehicles. This is a brand that trades customers within itself, it still continues to lose marketshare and barely grow its own sales. You will never see 'wonders' happening at this company, it doesn't have that potential. The entire Lincoln Crossover business is still smaller than standalone SUV nameplates at almost all luxury makers despite the fact that Lincoln is the cheapest.

I dont mind if they continue plugging away at it but I don't think Lincoln has a successful strategy right now and I would be shocked if they leave it alone. I think it's just one too many persistently underacheiving things on their plate that's a non essential. How many chances are they going to give Lincoln to get it right and can they even do it? This is a market and customer that is well beyond their expertise and it's very expensive to figure it out.

I don't think they'll pull the plug on Lincoln but it will probably be in limbo for a number of years as it spends down its investments and continues the ramp-up in China. But I don't think Lincoln has the friends at Ford that it use to, Field's really is the reason it's still here. It's possible Lincoln is just going to find itself severely under-funded once again.

If Lincoln does fall under this scenario, my prediction would have come true, it's not a company with much patience when it's always in some sort of financial crisis and the first thing that gets cut is always Lincoln.

#182 · (Edited)
from one of the PoleCAT threads...
Although I'm annoyed by Ford's lack of progress recently, especially as it relates to GM, as a company they generally understand the market pretty well and commit to a broad sustainable product improvement campaigns (6-Speed ATX, EcoBoost, Sync, various other amenities) and rarely make bad decisions besides being late to market. Right now there is none of those campaigns in progress like new modular platforms, electrics, autonomy, new transmissions, etc. Many of their new products are WAY late such as the EcoSport, Ranger, and new Expedition/Navigator (and the EcoSport is an overpriced, ugly, outdated turd). Only the F-150 seems to get their most ambitious moonshot planning to lead the market (Aluminum, EcoBoost, 10-Speed).

As for Lincoln, it's extremely challenging to produce a mix of performance and luxury with their current engineering expertise and budget. If you make a sporty Lincoln, you're essentially closer to the Ford bones you're working with. And Lincolns are heavy because the platforms were designed for lighter Fords, so they are not as tossable once you load it up with the heavier glass, materials, and features. Luxury makers get around this with more exotic lightweight materials, especially in the suspension systems. Lincoln use to do this in cars like the LS but ultimately you're faced with diminishing returns for a customer that doesn't buy a Lincoln for that experience anyway. So with weak sales and a customer that really aren't changing, you have to wonder what Lincoln has to do to get the attention of new shoppers. I think if Lincoln continues to plug away at it for decades, they MIGHT turn it around, but if I were Ford I would have pulled the plug a long time ago and found a new strategy...it makes sense that Mullally wanted to pull Lincoln and Fields didn't. One had a winning strategy, the other did not.
for some reason I got a picture in my (twisted) mind of a couple who have been mistreating their children.
And their solution has been to change mistresses/gigolos/ceos, remodel the kitchen/mancave + their separate bedrooms, and build a (LincolnDesignCenter) addition to their house.
OH! also (further back) buy&sell a parade of au pairs/nannies from Sweden, England, & Japan; while sending their youngest child off to the Haitus Boarding School and pretending it DIED...
:yikes:
all instead of GETTING COUSELING to try to get their heads screwed on tight & FACING Forward
re-:yikes:
_ _ _ ^ all ^ to ^ say :
imho/seems there's some screwed up thinking (as a fave movie-character said) "IN THE FRONT OFFICE"
:yikes:³

#184 ·
more from elsewhere:
"
...The GT project was done in secret - it would have never been greenlighted as a regular project..."
imho
in a properly-run company,
All those people, however high the SUBVERTING of company assets went, should be FIRED
and maybe prosecuted
except
that the company knows that's the only way they can get that quality of commitment&vehicles
:yikes:+:facepalm:

#183 ·
Lincoln is doing what they can do it. And, until now, is doing it well. Here an article from The Detroit News (april 2017) that put the Lincoln strategy in perspective:

"The automaker is fresh off a year that saw Lincoln sales grow by 10 percent in the United States and triple in China"
“The Continental is the first Lincoln in a very long time that doesn’t look like the Ford interior designer was loaned out to the Lincoln team,”
“Lincoln is going after a customer that even Lexus has left behind,”
"Lincoln has not declared its most recent rebranding a victory, but the the company has seen sales grow at a faster pace than other luxury brands, and customers seem overall more happy with the Lincoln brand"
"With a 0.7 percent market share through March (up 0.1 point from the same period a year ago), Lincoln has the smallest piece of the market when compared to Mercedes-Benz (2.1 percent market share through the end of March, up 0.1 point); BMW (1.8 percent share, up 0.1 point); Audi (1.1 percent share, up 0.1 point); and Cadillac (0.8 percent share, down 0.1 point)."
“We’ve got really excellent coverage,” said Galhotra. “We’re very, very focused on the experience... the object still has to be beautiful, but it has to offer an emotional and a functional experience that makes you feel good.”

Here the link: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ocused-experience-brand-sales-grow/100271352/

#185 ·
Unfortunately since then, sales have increased more slowly, only up 2.8% on the year in the US (through September).

They're still up 92% in China.

#189 · (Edited)
And that is with the benefit of the new Continental, MKZ, MKX, and MKC. The only thing it's missing now is the new Navigator and they are essentially done through the remainder of the decade besides a few facelifts. It's very likely that they have peaked out for the next 3 years as Continental and MKZ will decline to offset any possible growth among their Utilities. But Lincoln's biggest moment for growth is right now and it still hasn't happened. The question remains, will it ever happen if they keep spending enormous sums of money to move it to the next stage. I definitely don't think so, while I respect that they have been fulfilling their obligations to their mission statement (Lincoln customers have always been very pleased), it's obviously a far more expensive challenge than they probably estimated since people aren't buying in sufficient numbers to offset the dramatic increase in spending.

#191 ·
making a 'collage' of posts...
PoleCAT thread

Not sure how well this will work out for Volvo. Aside from ripping off the Mustang for it's upper section of the body, the proportions are just off. It looks like they tried to use a common frame from an upright boxy Volvo sedan, shorten it, and make a coupe. Maybe it's that the greenhouse should open up down a bit more, as the sides are too tall for a coupe. Either way, the result is rather inelegant.

If Lincoln came out with a sports coupe, it would need to be something more refined and exotic like an Aston Martin
LUX sport-ish car sales - Sept2017 thread

LUX competitors PIE Charts - OLD! thread
I really like this PIE ...but it was too much tedious/work to do every month...

once again (hopefully) the AREA is proportional to Volume
& also notice how much of Lexoid & Caddy are on mainstream platforms, once again, as usual...

Attachments

#192 · (Edited)
this time from: CEO ****s at A*******s Plans
...Ford is beginning to remind me of Kodak who was very slow to adopt digital photography since they had all their investments in film and film cameras. But the competition came from inside and outside the camera industry and Kodak was slow to change. Their slow, timid transition from film to digital was a long 10-year plan, and in that time the fast-moving competition took over the market with Kodak eventually filing for bankruptcy in 2012. It wasn't until Jan 2015 that Kodak reorganized and relaunched the company as a digital services/products company. Not saying the same will happen to Ford, but if they continue to respond 'slowly' to the rapidly changing market, along with many newcomers entering the EV segment, their slow entry into EVs may have long-term negative implications...
interesting

...I think if Ford launched an EV version of the current lineup, Fiesta(Europe), Focus, Fusion, and 50 mile PHEV versions of CUVs/SUVs, starting in 2017 with the PHEV Expedition and Navigator...Ford would be able to get on track.
I keep wonder just-WHAT FLincmoco could actually DO? (ie pre-2020)
(( other than offering my verdammt MKZ-ENergi! ))

iirc/afaik (most of) the BEV part of the Focus-EV was Magna, not Fomoco
so
-- why not do a 3rd party "collaboration" again?**
-- BUT with some intent to actually SELL THEM

** just thought: Could this include a work-around to the FOChiatusUS??
:nerd: I *do*NOT* believe they're shipping the existing Focus assembly machinery to China or Europe

#201 ·
[quote="03 LS" @ BON, Today, 07:26AM]If Ford, or any traditional automakers for that matter, wants to push BEVs, they can set up a free loaner program (or a low cost but wider selection one): drop off your BEV at your dealership**, drive away in a regular car for your vacation trip.
Tesla can't/don't want to do this, but Ford definitely can...[/quote]
I like this idea^ ...for Lincoln... assuming it ever GETS a pure-BEV
** with a LABEL program, they'd even come & get/drop-off the vehicles for you
:)
crossreference: [WhiteLabel] thread

#214 ·
was gonna stick this in a Cadillac thread but...

03 LS @ BON said:
If Ford, or any traditional automakers for that matter, wants to push BEVs, they can set up a free loaner program (or a low cost but wider selection one): drop off your BEV at your dealership**, drive away in a regular car for your vacation trip.
Tesla can't/don't want to do this, but Ford definitely can
...I like this idea^ ...for Lincoln... assuming it ever GETS a pure-BEV
** with a LABEL program, they'd even come & get/drop-off the vehicles for you
:)
crossreference: [WhiteLabel] thread
...Subscription...
Cadillac expands monthly car subscription service to Dallas and Los Angeles
Companies increasingly offer subscriptions as an alternative to buying or long-term leases.
CNBC
| Robert Ferris | Nov13

Cadillac launched the month-to-month subscription service, called BOOK, in New York City earlier in 2017. It is one of a growing number of all-inclusive subscription services launched by companies luring car buyers who want the benefits of owning a car without the hassles of buying, maintaining and selling them.

Subscribers pay a one-time $500 initiation fee and a flat monthly fee of $1,800 to access a "curated selection of vehicles," including the CT-6 plug-in sedan, Cadillac's "V" performance sedans, and SUVs such as the Escalade, the company said. All of the vehicles are 2017 and 2018 Cadillac models with the brand's higher-end Platinum and Premium Luxury trims.

The monthly fee includes registration, taxes, insurance and maintenance costs. Subscribers can exchange vehicles up to 18 times a year. ** They are, however, limited to driving 2,000 miles a month.

Users manage their accounts and select vehicles through an app. A white-glove concierge service will drop off a chosen car to a specified location.

Other car companies are creating their own subscription plans for customers who might not want to commit to a purchase or a long-term lease.

For example, Volvo has the service Care, and also said it would offer its upcoming Polestar electric vehicles through a subscription service. Ford also recently expanded its Canvas service to Los Angeles, from its pilot market of San Francisco.

Hyundai offers a $275-a-month subscription for its Ioniq electric car, but so far only in California.

Porsche has a pilot subscription program for its vehicles in Atlanta, Georgia, where its North American offices are based.

Companies that do not make cars are also getting into the market, though. Companies such as FlexDrive and Clutch make the software that individual dealerships need to set up subscriptions for their own fleets.

- - - - - - -

** IIRC, this sounds like significantly more often than originally...

#204 ·
As much as I like the idea of something "Star" related, it makes me think of OnStar.

#205 · (Edited)
discussion in the Hatchett's Ambitious Plans thread makes me want to make a POLL for
HOW Many & what KIND of electro-vehicles (like GM's 20?!)**
plus a RANT for
Subscription-Only! PureBEVs! from Lincoln! ... to INclude a 'use-swap' for an ICE-or-Hybrid-or-PlugIn
...so one could switch permanently to a petrol/petrol+ BUT ya gotta start with a BEV

Book by Cadillac Was Successful Enough to Expand...
MotorTrend
- Collin Woodard - October 11, 2017

Back in January, Cadillac announced it was launching a new subscription service called Book...
Porsche just announced a similar program to Book - Porsche Passport...
** thinking a swoopy highway-Cuv + a higher-mounted softroad version,
about the size of the AVIATOR
would be plenty for starters.
My preference would be to build it off a jacked-up Conti structure minus overhangs
@ FlatRock & its electro-twin-factory, that's under construction.
really wonder if my-old Double the FocusBEV drivetrains front&back would suffice??
:nerd:

Attachments

#206 · (Edited)
http://autoweek.com/article/tokyo-motor-show/no-modern-luxury-sedan-can-touch-toyota-century?utm_source=DailyDrive20171030&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=image-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

NO MODERN LUXURY SEDAN CAN TOUCH THE TOYOTA CENTURY

Simply by existing, Toyota’s subdued flagship offers a unique lesson in the meaning of true luxury

OCTOBER 30, 2017

You may not know much about the Toyota Century; unless you’ve lived in Japan, there’s almost no reason for you to even realize the Toyota Century exists. Launched in 1967, the hand-built flagship sedan/limousine has only ever been sold in its home market, and even there, it’s a sort of an anti-halo car. Istead of showing them off, using them to highlight the level of craftsmanship Toyota’s builders are capable of achieving, Toyota relegates them to special dealerships. You have to be invited to buy one, and the process isn’t exactly linked to your social media following: It’s popular with businessmen possessed of extremely conservative taste and nothing to prove. The Emperor is driven in one.

Toyota rolled out a brand-new Century at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Like the return of Halley’s Comet or a continent-spanning solar eclipse, the debut of a new Century is a momentous occasion -- in part because it just doesn't happen very often. Consequently, I’m thinking more about the model than I normally do.

What is it about the Century that is so endlessly fascinating? A lot of times, car geeks get attached to vehicles because they’re not sold in our home markets. Admittedly, that’s part of what drew me to the Century in the first place. I also happen to love its looks, which are a sort of case study in what happens when you freeze a design language moments after the first car rolls down the line and then slightly defrost it for minor modifications, rarely, over the next fifty years. You might not understand why anyone would buy something that looks vaguely like a pre-oil crisis Lincoln product. I can't get enough of it. We’ll just have to agree to disagree here; in any case, the style question doesn’t really invalidate my argument: When it comes to luxury cars, other manufacturers have a lot to learn from the Century’s effortless confidence.

The Century isn’t special because it’s opulent. It’s loaded with tech, but never for the sake of having the latest gizmos onboard. Western observers often notice the lack of leather; while other luxury builders are proud of how many hides go into their interiors, most Century seats get cloth in subdued colors or patterns instead. I’ve been told that leather surfaces squeak, which would ruin the serenity of the cabin. There’s something to it: I had the opportunity to drive a later model first-generation Century at Duncan Imports earlier this year, and I can say with (almost) no exaggeration that it was the smoothest, quietest car I have ever piloted. It’s downright freaky.

Likewise, the Century isn’t special because it’s expensive. The price isn’t really that outrageous, for what it is; new Centuries are said to start at around $100,000 (used ones can be had for a tenth of that -- talk about depreciation). You can spend more than that on a Porsche Boxster. Quadruple that for a Rolls-Royce Phantom. No, it’s the impenetrable air of, if not exactly snobbery, then at least cultivated exclusivity that surrounds the Century and bolsters its image. Let’s say you won the lotto; the Century is not the car you’d buy. It’s not the done thing. It wouldn’t be appropriate.

To highlight what makes the Century sub-marque special, compare it to other top luxury automakers. Rolls-Royce has attempted to drum up buzz by rolling out a range of questionable special editions; Bentley caved to trends and built an SUV. Even if they can be forgiven for bowing to market forces, the Century should be commended for standing its ground and hewing to the formula established decades ago: It is a luxury sedan meant to be chauffeur-driven, designed and built for customers who feel no particular need to show off their wealth or status. To be successful it doesn’t need a hashtag or a celebrity pitchman. It doesn’t really need to do anything, except exist. That’s rare and remarkable.

Now, you could argue that no other luxury marque could achieve what the Century has. It’s only sold in Japan; it doesn’t have to drum up double-digit sales increases year after year, so it can basically set its own rules. To which I’d say: That’s exactly the point. The Century does’t have to compromise its ideals to meet the disparate needs of international markets, which must be accommodated in order to achieve that all-important sales growth (think of how many automakers have explained away brand-diluting product with a “well, China…”). Instead, the Century is perfectly tailored to its cultural context. It has carved out a niche and it fits that niche perfectly. What could be more luxurious than that?

Maybe the other automaker that has come close on that front is Bristol. Yet by the time Britain’s proudly under-the-radar heritage marque ended production (or at least this phase of production; fingers crossed for a revival), its products were, I suspect, intentionally, flagrantly anachronistic. They were bought by the sorts of eccentrics that found value in that.

That’s not the case with the Century. There’s no irony here. It's evolved over the years, but it’s never done so for evolution’s sake. A new Century launches when the minds behind the company know they can design and build a better one. Until that day, why mess with what works? The result is just three major generations, with minor styling changes here and there, in its half-century run so far. The new one gets a V8 hybrid powertrain instead of a V12. I have no doubt that it lets it run even smoother and even quieter than the vintage car I sampled; the alternative is inconceivable.

The Century may not be to your taste. You many not get why anyone would spend so much on a fancy Toyota with cloth seats and lace curtains on the windows. But study it for a little while and you’ll realize that it has what few other luxury cars or marques possess: Utter, complete self-assurance. It takes something like the Century to show just how rare that quality in the automotive space.

What do I want to see from Lincoln? A real flagship luxury sedan/limo; something like the Toyota Century.

Seems as if every other car manufacturer can make a statement except Ford/Lincoln.

I still remain a car guy, not an appliance guy. A luxury sedan like this is BIG, therefore easily electrified when the time comes. If Ford management was serious about Lincoln, they would be working on something like this. JMO.

#208 ·
For China, I'd have an MKF, LWB Focus based sedan to go up against the ATS-L
I'd add more room back into the MKZ, it's a bit claustrophobic as a mid sized LUX
compared to the Lexus, gotta give your buyers that space and extra comfort.

A new Aviator that bridges the gap between MKX and Navigator please.

And one more the LincStang as a personal coupe/convertible.

#209 ·
Reactions: 2b2
#213 · (Edited by Moderator)
hijacked/copied from Name thread...

I am curious to see what Lincoln actually does. Because as nice as the interiors are for the new models, the vehicles overall niche market.

Navigator should do well as a low volume high margin vehicle on a global scale.

New Large Lincoln that's coming MUST compete directly with S-Class/7-Series point by point

Continental needs the next gen to get it's performance cred up to par so it can better compete with the 5-Series and E-Class that own that segment.

MKX next-gen sharing new platform of MKZ, switch from frumpy to athletic/performance.

MKZ needs to go younger and smaller, performance luxury, and offer sedan/coupe/cabriolet so it can compete directly with 3-Series/C-Class, and also offer a 300+ mile EV version.

C-Segment 5-door/CUV that also goes younger, performance luxury.

2b2-comment said:
:thumb:But
Bloggin said:
Continental needs the next gen to get it's performance cred up to par so it can better compete with the 5-Series and E-Class that own that segment.
just-imho
the ONLY way I want to see more than 400hp in the Continental is IF the extra comes from electriFRYing ...
tho NO prob with aNother 400

Bloggin--sorta--sortatfixed said:
MKX next-gen sharing new platform of the MARK, switch from frumpy to athletic/performance.

STARstang to go younger and smaller, performance luxury, and offer sedan/coupecabrio so it can compete directly with 3-Series/C-Class, and also offer a 300+ mile EV version...
...& sportbrake & Macan-killer
re-edit/hmm...
MKZ could keep going as long as Hermosillo's cranking .... then send the assembly-machines to China

#215 · (Edited)
Please let Lincoln announce that Lincoln will become Fords EV flagship brand. High range 300+, high tech, PERFORMANCE Luxury electric vehicles. Shared EV platform offering different motor powers and battery pack ranges, with RWD and AWD. Lincoln is in a prime position to capitalize on the transition to electric vehicles.

- New MKC CUV Electric
- New C-Segment Sedan Electric

- New MKX Electric
- New MKZ Electric
- New MKZ Electric Coupe

- New MKS Electric

- New Continental Electric

Announce partnership with Tesla for Supercharger access for next-gen EVs. Giving Lincoln another image advantage.
it is not the right time IMO. Lincoln needs more customers. Would be nice if they expand a bit their lineup before going electric.
Going electric now Lincoln can gain the 'new' electric customers, instead of going more ICE then having to switch to electric next gen. Lincoln can be in the same position as Tesla, with a growing lineup of desirable EVs with long wait lists...
I actually agree with you. If Tesla can come out of nowhere to become what it is now, I see no reason that Lincoln couldn't do the same, if not better.
Tesla has a different image than Lincoln. Lincoln doesn't have that "brand image" that Tesla has. Lincoln is not gaining much clients now, I don't see them gaining that much if they go all electric. I see them gaining clients if they have a bigger lineup, some coupes, maybe some performance versions.
transplants from the Autoshow thread
...** reminded to remember to wonder about the Lincoln-LUCID-dreaming again...
other than ^that^ and (IMMEDIATELY) adding/switching the mkZ-ENergi,
an ASSORTMENT like hybrid-C, plug-in-X, pureBEV-Aviator, & something-Navi
brought out as new/MCEs happen; might be plenty??
[italic] = whitespace
223.3 - 131.0 - Navigator L
208.4 - 119.0 - Navigator
_205.0 — 120.0 — Aviator

204.0 - 120.0 - ng Continental
_196.0 — 115.0 — Lincoln MKX 3-row
195.0 - 115.0 - Lincoln Mark - ( nearly direct replacement for MKZ )
190.0 - 112.2 - Lincoln MKX
_189.9 — 111.0 — Coupe & sportbrake/Xstar.....
_186.0 — 111.0 — sportsedan
-------------------- :
_185.0 — 110.0 — Macan-killer
(184.3-110.5)...:

177.0 - 106.0 - Lincoln MKC
_170.0 — 101.8 — L.China (Buick Encore 168.41-100.6)
pureBEV - Aviator & L.China imho, maybe best-sellers in China: Family & single
Generator – Conti & MKX's
plug-in – Coupe, sportbrake/Xstar, sportsedan, 'Macan'
hybrid — (Navi's?), Mark & MKC

#216 ·
transplants from the Autoshow thread
[italic] = whitespace
223.3 - 131.0 - Navigator L
208.4 - 119.0 - Navigator
_205.0 — 120.0 — Aviator

204.0 - 120.0 - ng Continental
_196.0 — 115.0 — Lincoln MKX 3-row
195.0 - 115.0 - Lincoln Mark - ( nearly direct replacement for MKZ )
190.0 - 112.2 - Lincoln MKX
_189.9 — 111.0 — Coupe & sportbrake/Xstar.....
_186.0 — 111.0 — sportsedan
-------------------- :
_185.0 — 110.0 — Macan-killer
(184.3-110.5)...:

177.0 - 106.0 - Lincoln MKC
_170.0 — 101.8 — L.China (Buick Encore 168.41-100.6)
pureBEV - Aviator & L.China imho, maybe best-sellers in China: Family & single
Generator – Conti & MKX's
plug-in – Coupe, sportbrake/Xstar, sportsedan, 'Macan'
hybrid — (Navi's?), Mark & MKC

Some changes to your list 2b2 :D
- Navigator L (IMO it should be a bit longer, like the Slade ESV and Suburban) I don't understand why they made the L shorter and the SWB longer this time, should have been the other way around
- Navigator
- Aviator
- New RWD sedan like the S class (with an L version only for China) with a coupe version
- Continental & Continental L (only for China)
- MKX (a bit bigger, like the GLE/X5)
- RWD midsize coupe
- MKZ
- RWD compact sedan (like the C class) with a coupe version
- MKC (bigger also, more like the GLC/Q5)
- A smaller CUV like the GLA/Q3, this could be the china-only CUV

First get this lineup and then think going electric haha 0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.