2008 MERCURY MARINER HYBRID: SOPHISTICATION AND FLAIR IN A HIGH-MILEAGE, CAPABLE SMALL SUV
- Outstanding fuel economy. Mariner Hybrid achieves up to 34 mpg in city driving – an improvement of nearly 14 percent compared to the 2007 model.
- Modern Design. 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid features a new exterior look; an all-new interior showcases a fresh design direction for all Mercury products.
- More Choice. Mariner Hybrid is now available for the first time with a choice of front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
- Outstanding performance. “Full” hybrid system is able to run on gasoline engine, electric battery power or both together. Acceleration performance is similar to a V-6, but with a smaller gas engine.
- Confident ownership. Offers 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on Hybrid-related components.
Key Features and Options
Mariner Hybrid includes: 2.4-liter Atkinson Cycle engine; 330V sealed nickel-metal hydride battery; Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission; Permanent magnet electric motor; Regenerative braking system; Accessory delay; Power four-wheel disc brakes with ABS; Dual Electronic Automatic Temperature Control; Compass and outside temperature display; Auto-dimming rearview mirror; Auto lamps; Power locks, windows and mirrors; One-touch, up/down driver window; Two 12V power points; Remote keyless entry; Driver/passenger power adjustable manual fold electric mirrors; AM/FM MP3 and satellite-ready, single CD player with four speakers; Audio input jack; Ice Blue Lighting; Message Center; Two-way manual driver seat; Premium cloth seats; 60/40-split bench seat with premium cloth seating surfaces; Electric Power Assist Steering; Chrome exhaust tip; Privacy glass; Air conditioning; Floor mats; Side repeater lamps; Rear cargo light; 60/40-split rear seat with tip-fold-flat latch and two-way adjustable head restraints; 16-inch six-spoke wheels and all-season tires; Safety Canopy™ side air curtains; Seat-mounted side air bags; LATCH; SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system; Reverse Sensing System.
Options Include: Intelligent all-wheel-drive; Audiophile AM/FM MP3 and satellite-ready, premium six-disc, in-dash CD changer with seven speakers; AC 110V power outlet; Power moonroof. Hybrid Premium Package includes: Heated front seats; Reverse Sensing System; Roof rack with satin inserts and black crossbars; Energy flow/navigation system; Cargo area cover; Heated mirrors; Leather trimmed seats with power lumbar and six-way power driver’s seat; Body color mirrors. Hybrid Moon and Tune Package includes: SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with free 6-month subscription; Power moonroof.
For the entire Press Release CLICK HERE.