Ford Inside News banner

2015 Ford Edge Revealed: Leaked Image!

59K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I like very much what the designers at Ford are doing with character lines. Sculpting bodies is not easy but when done right it gives much presence and stance to a design which is one of the things that American cars lacked of for so many decades.

The call them "chracater" lines for a reason.

I really like what I see and can't wait to see what they did with the MKX

#5 ·
I like very much what the designers at Ford are doing with character lines. Sculpting bodies is not easy but when done right it gives much presence and stance to a design which is one of the things that American cars lacked of for so many decades.

The call them "chracater" lines for a reason.

I really like what I see and can't wait to see what they did with the MKX
Hi Simon! Long time no see!

I see the Taurus influenced this a lot!

#6 ·
Hi Simon! Long time no see!

I see the Taurus influenced this a lot!
Hey Andrew!!

It certainly did, and in a good way.

I was reviewing the presentation to the Deutsche Bank that BORG linked and as per slide #23 it seems to me that the Flex may live to see a second generation.

The slide shows the c/D platform products: Fusion, Mondeo and Mondeo State and then 3 blacked out future products which I believe are the Edge seen elsewhere in the presentation, the Taurus and what could the third be? Only a Flex right?

View attachment 3391

Attachments

#7 ·
Hey Andrew!!

I was reviewing the presentation to the Deutsche Bank that BORG linked and as per slide #23 it seems to me that the Flex may live to see a second generation.

The slide shows the c/D platform products: Fusion, Mondeo and Mondeo State and then 3 blacked out future products which I believe are the Edge seen elsewhere in the presentation, the Taurus and what could the third be? Only a Flex right?

View attachment 3391
I think its the s-max or galaxie sold in europe

#9 ·
For 2015 the Edge is expected to drop the 3.5 V6 entirely. It will have the Ecoboost 2.0T standard with either FWD or AWD. If you want a V6 you will probably have to step-up to the redesigned Lincoln MKX which is also due to be in showrooms next year.

Because of the MKX's high starting price, I'm going to take a guess that it will retain a V6 (either NA or a new Nano Ecoboost application) as standard equipment.

#13 ·
Hey Andrew!!

View attachment 3391

Welcome back Sobe. Maybe is the next Explorer

#18 ·
#19 ·
major
, BORG!

umm...
can't get the .pdf to load or save for me

&
really want to see if there're any more surprises in the TEXT parts

&
some "blog about autos" has big versions of the pic and the lineup graphic it came from
&
a shout-out to Detroit News who umm-credits FiN with ...umm.. breaking this
I couldnt get it to load either at work but now that I am home its working fine but it looks like its been fixed

#20 ·
I couldnt get it to load either at work but now that I am home its working fine but it looks like its been fixed
yeah, it looks like it would load/save for me now too
(too big to bother - TY for saving me the anguish)
guess we didn't try until they'd temporarily pulled it

I HAD brought up the html version from google earlier
but that has no graphics and even the "text" used graphics judging from the blanks

However, one thing I noticed was on page/slide 39
if nothing got distorted, there are "appeal" comparos by Brand betwn 2011 & 2012.
They all went up...and tho Ford was highest in both years (per them)
the amounts of increase are what's more interesting to me
+.37 Honda
+.36 GM
+.34 Fiat
+.26 Nissan
+.17 Hyundai
+.10 Ford
+.02 Toyota

#22 ·
around Page 67 is some Lincoln stuff (I'm still catching up)
&
on my screen the html version *seems* to indicate the MKS getting a "TRANSFORMATION" for 2013

could someone post a screen capture, please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.