Ford Inside News banner

Live Shots: Ford Atlas Concept

14K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DanSS48 
#1 ·
Ford previews next F-150 with Atlas Concept.
www.FordInsideNews.com
January 15, 2013
By: Nick Saporito

Earlier this morning Ford revealed the Atlas Concept truck, a preview of the next-generation F-150. The truck was somewhat of a surprise from the show. Please watch this post for more live shots in the coming days.

See less See more
#2 ·
When are they going to dump that Kenworth "Daylight Door" design cue? It's been on the Super Duty since Clinton. Ford and GM really need to quit looking in the rear view mirror when it comes to design. Also, please quit doing concepts in silver! They should be in red.

#3 ·
When are they going to dump that Kenworth "Daylight Door" design cue? It's been on the Super Duty since Clinton. Ford and GM really need to quit looking in the rear view mirror when it comes to design. Also, please quit doing concepts in silver! They should be in red.
Or white! Great looking concept for Ford, this truck will keep them king of the hill.

#5 ·
I agree with you on the door design. Other than that I think this a fantastic looking truck and I hope the next F-150 looks very much like this.

#6 ·
I'm sure it will, but I really had my hopes up for a revolutionary design.
*Love* the square lights!!!!
& wheel-shutters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the grille not so much - still hooked on the SuperDuty's "C-clamps")
I'm surprised too - expected something futuristic rather than near-production...
...and LOWer if not smaller

Maybe they will revive the F-100 project.
Agree
unless some Transit-Whatever variant will come out
a LOT of people *want* a smaller truck

#7 ·
The drop in the door for mirror viewing, I like. Some of you would probably just prefer the rest of the metal to match the lowering in the current door. This truck looks like someone slapped a ton of Ford design cues to it. I see hints of current F150, Super Duty, Raptor, & the headlights look like the ones from the GMC All-Terrain concept truck from 2011.

#8 ·
The drop in the door for mirror viewing, I like. Some of you would probably just prefer the rest of the metal to match the lowering in the current door. This truck looks like someone slapped a ton of Ford design cues to it. I see hints of current F150, Super Duty, Raptor, & the headlights look like the ones from the GMC All-Terrain concept truck from 2011.
Yep on the drop, not sure why people hate it so much.

#9 ·
This truck rocks! And most people love the door treatment. Some people just complain to be complaining. In 2004, they complained about the height of the bed sides. But if they were lower, they would have added those tacky looking bed rails on it and raised the bed side height back up. Ford cleaned all that mess up. Just like those windows, they allow th mirrors to be lower improving visability. And they make the door panels look awesome on the inside!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.