Ford Inside News banner

new MB CLA

Tags
cla
9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  AM222 
#1 ·
#2 ·

The Mercedes-Benz CLA is set to establish a new segment, with world-leading aerodynamics (Cd = 0.22), avant-garde coupé design and 4MATIC all‑wheel drive (optional). As a new four-door coupé it follows the idea of the CLS, whose design concept has spawned more than its fair share of imitators since its debut in 2003. With its frameless doors, the coupé adopts the design of the Concept Style Coupé into series production. The newcomer features a radar-based braking system (COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST) as standard which is able to warn the driver of an obstacle from a speed of 7 km/h and to initiate precision braking when the driver steps on the brake pedal. The new Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class is available for ordering with immediate effect and will be delivered to the German dealerships in April 2013. Prices begin at 28,977 euros for the CLA 180...

lots MORE...

#6 ·
This is the best Benz in many years... is an stunning design, far from the over-designed and convoluted cars from the past decade. The style is clean, aerodinamic, modern and elegant. Is a little car, but looks gorgeous and had the "want-to-have-it" factor and aspirational element that will make this car a succes. And many young buyers that are climbing in the social scale, will want to have it... and in some years , they will change it for an E-class... and then for a S-class sedan...

Lincoln must have a car like this. A premium entry level little car that atract young buyers to the brand.

#8 ·
I sure this will sell well, but I wonder what it will do to the imagine of the brand in the US.

This is a luxury car. A little car, but very gorgeous and elegant. I`m sure will not damage the Mercedes-Benz image. Is the same case with the Evoque: a compact crossover that didnt damaged the image of Range Rover brand. Is an intelligent form for expand the portfolio of this luxury brands

#9 ·
This is a luxury car. A little car, but very gorgeous and elegant. I`m sure will not damage the Mercedes-Benz image. Is the same case with the Evoque: a compact crossover that didnt damaged the image of Range Rover brand. Is an intelligent form for expand the portfolio of this luxury brands
If you are in Venezuela it would be quite difficult for you to discern the quite divergent brand image of MB in the US in relation to the rest of the world who is quite used to Mercedes trucks, and taxis.

#10 ·
While the design is nice (almost like a smaller version of a Lincoln LS roof grafted to a Mercedes).......what about some of us tall people (myself included) who will have a hard time getting in and out of the back seat. That would not be considered luxury here. It could be easier to get in and out of the rear seat if this was designed as a 2-door? The doors would be longer allowing for more open space with the front seat tilted forward to get in and out.

#11 ·
While the design is nice (almost like a smaller version of a Lincoln LS roof grafted to a Mercedes)
...more like a baby CLS. :D

It looks much better than what I expected.

I'm sure bending down a bit is easier than squeezing between the front seat and B-pillar of a 2-door.

What's amazing is the CLA's aerodynamics. Its got a Cd figure of only 0.22, that's better than the Cd 0.25 of the wedge-like Prius.

Starting price for the 208hp CLA250 is $29,900.

#12 ·
If you are in Venezuela it would be quite difficult for you to discern the quite divergent brand image of MB in the US in relation to the rest of the world who is quite used to Mercedes trucks, and taxis.
Yes, i`m in Venezuela. Here, Mercedes-Benz is sinonimous of luxury. In Europe, M-B is a common car that served as taxis, i know that. And i go to USA every year, and i know that there M-B is a luxury car brand, that served medical Doctors and lawyers..... And i still think that the CLA is a good adition to the line up. Is a true luxury car that will atract a young rich, but not much rich, buyers that want to drive something upscale ... Is my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.