bowl super
14K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 ·
:thumb:

#5 ·
Uhhhhhhhh?

#6 ·
Thanks for posting it, Jose!

so they used that old gimmick of Fill In The Blanks to make a silly (hopefully funny) story
&
it didn't really work
cuz
it only appeals to those who helped fill IN the blanks
( = the difference between participatory online experiences and passive stuff like watching sports)

guess that's why they decided to only use 1/2 their time on this
and run the Phoenix commercial with the other half
+
I still think Superbowling Lincoln was rather premature
- the product isn't there yet (just Z ain't enuf)
- the dealers aren't either judging from posts elsewhere
- the process (Bespoke) isn't either
thinking the PowersThatBe forget that WE(fans/public) aren't surrounded by 2016+cy models every day

#7 ·
Who knew artistic magicians would like Alpacas!

Looked more like something they would use to advertise a prius

#8 ·
How about showing another luxury car with a sunroof next to the MKZ

Have a hot actress in front of each.

Show the 'other' car open its sunroof, and have the actress in front open her top partway.

Then show the MKZ top open all the way, and flash back to the actress in front of it start to unbutton all the buttons. Just before it would become censored, switch to a view from the drivers seat of the MKZ (showing the interior as well), and see the model's top fly off from behind.

#15 ·
Ok. Nice spot to promote a car that is NOT available in the Lincoln dealers.... Did you see the charts of january? Lincoln was not capable to produce the MKZ in the correct numbers and at the correct time. Only 475 MK Z were sold last month. Is a waste of money, because the people that see the ad and want to buy the car, will not find the car at dealers

#21 ·
been reading some of the comments
&
starting to wonder (almost) if Lincoln figured there was No Way they could make a convincing superbowl commercial
so
they deliberately made the dumbest one they could think of (with twitts' help)
&
maybe people would pay attention cuz it's so bad
but
say, "dumb commercial but Nice car"
????????????????????????????????

otoh
somehow reading all that hate gave me an idea for what Theme Lincoln could use for future commercials (tho not for the superbowl)
*seriously*
could be used from subliminally to blatant & back again
(even ties in with a current 'promotion')
but
I don't know of any way to send them the suggestion privately

#22 ·
This is Ford thinking and should not be with Lincoln
BIG mistake: Not a generator of interest
Lincoln is not about quaint nor funny nor this 'thing'...
Get back to business boys
Bring the luxury, the unparalleled engineering, bring
L I N C O L N
and don't ever to this again, please

#25 ·
I liked it until I saw Lincoln. Honestly, why put that in the commercial?

Yeah. You're Lincoln. He's Lincoln. Okay? Still don't get what purpose he serves in a commercial.
Henry Leland named the brand after him

Henry Leland, a former manager of the Cadillac division of General Motors, and his son, Wilfred Leland, formed the Lincoln Motor Company in August, 1917. Leland named the new company after Abraham Lincoln, his hero and for whom he cast a vote in 1864

#26 ·
Goodness.. Someone please call the company and tell them not to air that. That has got to be one of the worst and most pointless things I've seen in an ad in a long time. The company is trying to get back on its feet and they want to air that awful artsy-tartsy rinky-dinky commercial on the night the entire country is watching? It screams everything but class and luxury. All they have to do is air the phoenix commercial... and this one.

and they will have a nice impact on everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.