Ford Inside News banner

Ford promotes family heir to senior executive role

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  germeezy1 
#1 ·
Ford promotes family heir to senior executive role
Reuters
February 14, 2013
by Deepa Seetharaman

(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said it will promote Elena Ford to a newly created senior executive position, the first time in nearly two decades that a Ford family member has been elevated to the company's senior ranks.

Elena Ford, great-great-granddaughter of company founder Henry Ford, will lead a new group charged with improving global dealer standards for the No. 2 U.S. automaker, the company said on Thursday.

The move, effective March 1, will make her one of two Ford family members holding spots on the company's roster of corporate officers, along with Executive Chairman Bill Ford. Ford family members own Class B shares in the automaker that control 40 percent of the vote.

The elevation of Elena Ford, 46, is the first time a Ford heir has been promoted to a top role at the automaker since 1994, when Bill Ford was named head of the commercial truck division.

She has been global director of marketing for the past four years, reporting to Jim Farley, Ford's head of global marketing. She will continue to report to Farley.

Full article available at link.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Detroit News articles that attemped to delve into the Ford family, and their deepest darkest days gave me an appreciation for Elena Ford, and I hold her in very high regard. I sincerely hope that her new position encompasses more responsibilites, and that her can do attitude permeates Ford to its core.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.