Ford Inside News banner

CTS to get 420hp twin turbo v6

7K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  BMuscl 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Do we know for sure that the XTS will make the same amount of power?

#10 ·
Ford's 3.5L Ecoboost already makes 420 lb-ft of Torque in the F-150, 70 lb-ft more than what it makes in Front drive models, suggesting it is a limitation caused by the transmission.
They also announced an 8 speed auto. Wouldn't that be one of the two transmissions be co-developed by Ford and GM? If so I would expect that limitation to be illuminated soon at Ford also.

550 hp for the ancient MK S is like to put a 500cc mammary prothesis of silicon in a 85 years old women! Is a crazy idea
When my wife is 85 I vote for all the crazy ideas we can come up with! :)

#13 ·
Is Lincoln/Ford ever going to get smart and become a player in the rwd sedan segement?
They might, but they will have to be in it for the long run and earn their respect in the segment slowly. They cannot expect to recoup the cost in a couple years, and yank the whole platform if they don't.
I would rather them not do it at all, than do it half-hearted.

#14 ·
They might, but they will have to be in it for the long run and earn their respect in the segment slowly. They cannot expect to recoup the cost in a couple years, and yank the whole platform if they don't.
I would rather them not do it at all, than do it half-hearted.
That's what Cadillac started about 12 years ago. There was some stumbling, but seems to be really paying off for them lately. If Lincoln had kept the LS, and refining it, they might be in a better market position today.

That's why I'm hoping the new Mustang platform will spawn a few other vehicles as well.

#17 ·
Does anybody know what the max horsepower allowed for the new Fusion/MKZ platform? Can MKZ offer a higher than current horsepower package? Can a supercharger be worked into the mix as well as a choice to the EB?

What engine combo has been the most popular so far with the new MKZ? Also, who has been placing orders from other Brands or is it too early to tell?

#18 ·
Does anybody know what the max horsepower allowed for the new Fusion/MKZ platform? Can MKZ offer a higher than current horsepower package? Can a supercharger be worked into the mix as well as a choice to the EB?

What engine combo has been the most popular so far with the new MKZ? Also, who has been placing orders from other Brands or is it too early to tell?
sorry dunno, TurboS40, but
I certainly EXPECT it can accommodate ANY Nano-v6EB = upto 400ish HP
and
believe with CD4+3 that it ought to handle the 490hp 3.5gen2 EB

as for a supercharger, don't think so = EB is "the way forward" afaik
+
wondering about EB-Hybrids......

#19 ·

I don't know what the max is but, heard that the MKZ will get a higher output engine than the 300hp v6. It was mentioned in an interview on Autoline daily.
with a Lincoln exec.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
I don't know what the max is but, heard that the MKZ will get a higher output engine than the 300hp v6. It was mentioned in an interview on Autoline daily.
with a Lincoln exec.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Woah when was this? I would like to see that episode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.