Ford Inside News banner

MKC Launch = July? - at.ford.com

18K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  falcon lover 
#1 ·
the article is about improved painting technology but
VOME Goes Further: Detecting Dirt Particles in Paint Leads to Superior Paint Quality - at.ford.com
By Beatriz Preece - Mar-13-2013

"...The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the July MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex..."

note: "launch" is the vaguest possible term, referring to anything from the first public showing to Job1, the initial advertising push, or even thru the ramp-up of stock at the dealerships

#4 ·
I would think we still get the production version MKC at NY. (I still think the MKC sedan should be shown in NY this year in concept form to tie into the production MKC CUV) We were shown the production MKZ almost a year ago and we are just starting to get a few to dealerships.

How about Lincoln shows us a vehicle(s) we want to buy rather than what we have to buy. The MKZ and MKC are in the right direction but there needs to be something that pops the WOW factor and draws people into the showrooms. What will that be? If the MKC is launched with one of those stupid and (**censored due to the nature of the content) commercials like the MKZ had during the Super Bowl (and i don't mean Phoenix but the OTHER one) the MKC will be a failure.

#5 ·
on the contrary, N.R.
imho this doesn't invalidate an NYC debut
my 'vague' comment was just meant to mollify the July "date"

actually, the last I'd seen previously for the MKC was a FOURTH Quarter Job1 (like the Z)
so this sounds more like a pull-forward to me
I hope you're right, but they could do another social media reveal and still build it on time. Remember the Explorer reveal and build dates?

#7 ·
I hope you're right, but they could do another social media reveal...?
right
Lincoln+socialmedia

like the superbowl ad?

like their facebook page?

OH!
cool
they'll show a new MERCURY

and they better deliver!

edit1
using the Z's debacle/timeline
a July Job1 means arriving at dealers in November

edit2
tried to find press conference info on the NYC Autoshow site
no luck
even worse than other autoshow sites imho

edit3
the text of the article has been CHANGED!
"...The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the
upcoming Lincoln MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex..."
now
if this was Lincoln's socialmedia crew, I'd go for a typo (at least)
but since it's not, imho this
CONFIRMS *SomeThing* will happen in JULY!

edit4
or maybe FLincMoCo has ordained to never again use Any DATE in any official Lincoln statement

#10 ·
edit3
the text of the article has been CHANGED!
"...The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the
upcoming Lincoln MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex..."
now
if this was Lincoln's socialmedia crew, I'd go for a typo (at least)
but since it's not, imho this
CONFIRMS *SomeThing* will happen in JULY!
:lmao:

edit4
or maybe FLincMoCo has ordained to never again use Any DATE in any official Lincoln statement
:angel
I still believe we could see another social media launch like the Explorer. I think the Explorer hit the lots 3 or 4 months after the reveal.

#14 ·
Re: MKC Launch co-incidental hype?

Did you see how she opened the door? 0:19

I like the idea of not having door knobs. It looks so much cleaner.
Yes I have to agree ~ that was cool. I wish it would appear on the production model but I have my doubts. I still love this vehicle and can't wait to see the production model.

#17 ·
I really REALLY hope it's this July
ANYthing to prevent another deep-winter-holidays launch
(tho I hope any prospective customers are prepared for a significant wait THIS TIME, just in case)

at least we'll either find out for sure in just a couple weeks at NYC
OR...
if we find out nothing at NYC, that'll tell us it's the following July...I guess

...or (edit)
maybe 'July' was a mistake after all

#20 ·
Re: MKC Launch co-incidental hype?

Did you see how she opened the door? 0:19

I like the idea of not having door knobs. It looks so much cleaner.
The MKR was like that too.

:35

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.