Ford Inside News banner

MKC Launch = July? - at.ford.com

18K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  falcon lover 
#1 ·
the article is about improved painting technology but
VOME Goes Further: Detecting Dirt Particles in Paint Leads to Superior Paint Quality - at.ford.com
By Beatriz Preece - Mar-13-2013

"...The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the July MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex..."

note: "launch" is the vaguest possible term, referring to anything from the first public showing to Job1, the initial advertising push, or even thru the ramp-up of stock at the dealerships

#28 ·
quote Biker16 @BON
how are they going to find the capacity at LAP to make is my question.
They made 8200 escapes last week, on overtime and a 3 shifts.​

seeing as the Escape is selling closer to 5000 per week
sounds to me like they're building a 'cushion',
and imho could mean the MKC's July "launch" is a go
You forget the plant supplies Canada (3k a month), Mexico (600 a month), Middle East (750 a month), South America (500 a month), and then there is Africa, Caribbean, Central America, and American Territories.

#29 ·
You forget the plant supplies Canada (3k a month), Mexico (600 a month), Middle East (750 a month), South America (500 a month), and then there is Africa, Caribbean, Central America, and American Territories.

&
where else is it built?
&
OMG
get the Escape while you can - there'll be bidding wars on eBay any second now

#32 ·
As of this time there are no Lincoln nor Ford press conferences scheduled for NY so I'd say no, unfortunately. (and the conference schedule is full so very unlikely there will be any additions)

Oddly Farley is speaking at the opening breakfast though, so he might discuss some new product if we're lucky.
:banghead::angry: I was expecting to see the mkc in NY

#37 ·
...Perhaps we see the production (AND in showrooms) MKC announced at the LA Show...?...
if Lincoln every "woke up" enough to have a concurrent autoshow debut and in-dealers' on-sale intro, I could forgive a LOT of the cr@p they've been putting out Over the interwebs

but NOooooooooo
they prolley want another chance to alienate early-orderers:
ie show in July(2013) deliver in 2014...HOPEfully by July(2014)

hey
it's tradition almost**
:shoot-self smilie:

** 2b2 is VERY grumpy after dealing with MKC spyshot delays from his cr@ppy über-nyet connection

#39 ·
so the production version will debut in July or in the LA auto show
or maybe in a month with an "R" in it? :wink: or all 3

actually think it's near impossible to say for sure which this is becuz the MKConcept & X are so close to the same width and not diff in other dimensions
_wlb____ovl___w____h___
105.9 - 178.1 - 72.4 - 66.3 - Escape
106.9 - 179.3 - 76.1 - 63.2 - MKConcept
111.2 - 185.7 - 75.8 - 67.2 - Edge (it was handy)

4example: got a feeling that's the X's windshield (& A-pillar)
but still think it's the Escape's reardoor glass
= MkKluge
also got a feeling the Job1 date is still the dreaded Q4'13

#41 ·
so the production version will debut in July or in the LA auto show
so the mkc will be launch in july like these article says?
I applaud your determination, Jose!!

but even tho that article I posted came from a Ford website,
I'm still hoping on seeing a Navi-MCE *on sale* before even having firm *info* on the MKC

actually, I just googled the writer of the piece (LinkedIn) & I don't see any qualifications for me to trust any automotive opinion of this "media member"

edit
just googled "2014 lincoln navigator job1"
& per fleet pdf
2014 Navigator = 8/19/2013
so
should arrive at dealers sometime in October

#42 ·
Not to rain on anyones parade however, when I linked to the article and read it there is no mention of the MKC. Where is the version that says anything about the MKC.

"The next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly and Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Ford Edge and Ford Flex."

#43 ·
Not to rain on anyones parade however, when I linked to the article and read it there is no mention of the MKC. Where is the version that says anything about the MKC.

"The next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly and Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Ford Edge and Ford Flex."
Ford has once again** decided to re-create history by redacting what was said

imho it could mean one of 3 things:
- the media ?intern? said something she shouldn't have WHICH
-- was correct, but was not cleared for publication
-- was INcorrect
- the timing has changed since its original posting

** I swear the original version of the "Murder of Mercury" article on Media.Ford.com included mention of a Lincoln 'C' segment "car"
which was later changed to "vehicle"

#44 ·
I applaud your determination, Jose!!

but even tho that article I posted came from a Ford website,
I'm still hoping on seeing a Navi-MCE *on sale* before even having firm *info* on the MKC

actually, I just googled the writer of the piece (LinkedIn) & I don't see any qualifications for me to trust any automotive opinion of this "media member"

edit
just googled "2014 lincoln navigator job1"
& per fleet pdf
2014 Navigator = 8/19/2013
so
should arrive at dealers sometime in October
:nevreness: I think the mkc is a very important product for the future of lincoln.....I see the concept and it looks far better than the evoque and other cuv, so I really want to see the production version :joyous:

#45 ·
At the reveal of the MKC, a Lincoln rep stated production was to start in October. So the July date would be 'Order Banks Open Date', with October being the Job #1 or Production Start Up Date. Which has units at dealerships for the Nov/Dec end of year sale months. Which is what MKZ missed for 2012. I am sure Lincoln will get it right this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.