Ford Inside News banner
26K views 72 replies 19 participants last post by  joseodiaga4 
#1 ·
#35 ·
nothing has been scheduled for Ford or Lincoln at NY sadly :(

#37 ·
^ & ^^
tho I saw elsewhere that Mr. Farley is doing the keynote address...
if true
...wonder what he'll talk about??????????
cough*bespoke*cough

...I think it is the X, which will look similar.
even tho I had no qualms about chopping a Navi with MKC styling,
it would sorta bother me if the X looked (too) C-ish
maybe cuz I'm perplexed about what the nextgen X will be? It's already successful so I don't to see it changed too much
but it's not much bigger than the MKConcept & also wondering about X
sharing any structure/proportions with the new S-Max

Yeah, looking again, those wheels look proportional to the X, not the C. They are probably 18" on the X. If that were the C, they would have to be like 16"
I wouldn't expect a mule to have prototype wheels of what's actually being offered on the new model; rather just something handy in the right size...
Anyone recognize these wheels from a current vehicle?
thinking we could figure out their size that way.
I've checked thru OrderGuides but haven't found them (tho they sure look familiar to me)

We could get an MKX Concept(or name change back to Aviator??) at NY, then roll out production of both the C and X by the end of the year.
That would be great :clap:
seriously AGREE .... oh well

#43 ·
the new cts is getting a lot of attention and there is nothing from lincoln :facepalm::banghead:
The CTS thread on here is now at 3 pages its getting more attention than most Lincoln threads

#48 ·
Thanks, Jose!

I'm kinda wondering (pet peeve) how the real C-pillar/backdoor frames will affect the overall design

imho the thickness of the doorframes ALWAYS make those little back windows USELESS (which of course they wereN'T in the concept)

also the rear shot makes me think the side sculpting will be nowhere near as deep (expected!) - tho maybe the look will survive

#49 ·
Thanks, Jose!

I'm kinda wondering (pet peeve) how the real C-pillar/backdoor frames will affect the overall design

imho the thickness of the doorframes ALWAYS make those little back windows USELESS (which of course they wereN'T in the concept)

also the rear shot makes me think the side sculpting will be nowhere near as deep (expected!) - tho maybe the look will survive
I just hope the production model looks exactly like the concept...the concept is the best looking suv right now...from every angle it looks stunning

#50 ·
The MKC crossover concept makes the jump to reality—and may lose some of its charm.

2014 Lincoln MKC Spy Photos
The MKC crossover concept makes the jump to reality—and may lose some of its charm.
APRIL 2013 BY ALEXANDER STOKLOSA / MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHERS
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-lincoln-mkc-spy-photos-news

What It Is: A camouflaged prototype of Lincoln’s upcoming MKC compact crossover, which will be based on the latest Ford Escape. The MKC was previewed at this year’s Detroit auto show by an eponymous concept that seemed nearly production-ready.

Why It Matters: The Lincoln brand is still struggling, and it hasn’t helped that the mainstream Ford brand has launched a wave of attractive, competitive products like the Fusion, Focus, and Escape at affordable prices. Liberally optioned, the Blue Oval’s recent offerings serve up pretty much the same luxury features available in Lincolns. As Ford’s luxury brand, Lincoln needs to begin setting its wares apart in ways beyond loading up its cars with tech and features borrowed from the mothership.

One way to do this is to employ unique styling for its Ford-based offerings—we think the company is making steady progress in this regard—and the other is to introduce more new Lincolns. Currently, none of the brand’s offerings—the new mid-size MKZ sedan, the not-so-new MKX crossover, the out-of-mind MKS sedan, the three-row MKT crossover, and the nearly irrelevant Navigator SUV—offer Lincoln much hope of attracting new and younger buyers. The MKC could change that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.