Tags
navigator
11K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  joseodiaga4 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Finally!!!!

#8 ·
#10 ·
It's nice to see some mules running, but these pics don't really tell too much.

I hope this is a full redesign and not a refresh.
^ SERIOUSLY! ^

but before I go on a rant with quotes etc, let me just say:
"Ohhhhhhh, it's MotorTrend
"

kinda ^therefore,
it's understandable that the author is 'OTL' (Out To Lunch)

contradictions:
The exterior changes will likely be evolutionary, but under the hood...
It remains to be seen whether the production model will adopt styling cues of the MKZ sedan or continues to have its own unique look in the Lincoln lineup.
really either could be true (tho of course Not BOTH)
UNLESS
there's a short-term facelift (with-or-without an EB) followed by the all-new aluminum-F150-based ultralight one (possibly without a v8)

Additional clues lending credence to the fact that the next Navigator will go EcoBoost is the prominent vent opening in the front bumper of this test mule, likely to feed more air to the turbocharged engine’s intercooler.
now THIS^ gives me hope for the new 2.7/2.9 around-400hp Nano-EB
cuz
I don't remember seeing a major intake on previous 3.5EB testers ...so... thinking the 140hp-per-liter gen2 EBs might have higher cooling requirements ... and so far we haven't heard anything about the 3.5EB even GETting a gen2

btw
I checked netcarshow & this mule looks like it has Lincoln HLs and hood and everything except/just with the Ford grille smooshed into it

#12 ·
^ brightened:

there is an oval badge but it´s the navigator overall IMHO, not sure about this being the expedition..................so the navigator will come before the mkx and mks?
afaik
AND considering the MKC may NOT even be at NYC
+ we've been told the X is one of the pre-2015cy vehicles
tho the other pre-2015cy vehicle WAS supposed to be a "sedan";
it "sounds" like the all-new ultralight Navi
- either got moved up
- or will be early 2015cy
OR as I said above
- this is just a facelift

co-incidentally, I just updated my nextgen Navi chop yesterday

< Mission:LINCOLN!

#13 ·
The headlamps look like the current Navigator but it's too early to determine if they carry to the new model in some form. Here's the loaded question of the day. How would the current Navigator headlamps look adapted to the MKZ, next MKS etc?

It's also to early to know if the next Navigator will get the twin grill treatment or not. Hopefully it doesn't follow the same/similar look as the current Mark LT (sold in Mexico only).

#15 ·
I actually like the detail in the current Navigator's headlights

#19 ·
from what I've read, this will be a heavy refresh (engines & grille & most-of-int) with an ultralight-F150-based all-new Navi coming fairly quickly after the nextgen F150 debuts Q3 2014
...confusing (revising as I type/edit) but think I'm saying a refreshed Navi COULD launch THIS year yet**, thus before the MKC

the most recent hints I've seen indicate that this time next year:
- the MKC will (only) be in mid-launch
- the MKX launch will be a few months off yet
- a "new" MKS will have been shown at NAIAS but not nec. a production version & no word if it's CD4+3 or still on D3/4
- same for the (all-new?) Navi; not launched but shown - possibly at Chicago - concept/production = ?

all ^this^ is just my best guesses
but it seems Lincoln will have more than 2 launches in 2014cy

** (re-re-edit) ya know
imho one of the BEST things FLincMoCo could do is
when debuting a Navi MCE in a couple months, they say, "No, this Navi doesN'T count towards those 4 new vehicles we've mentioned".
That would show they're serious about what 'new' means & about Lincoln!!

#20 ·
from what I've read, this will be a heavy refresh (engines & grille & most-of-int) with an ultralight-F150-based all-new Navi coming fairly quickly after the nextgen F150 debuts Q3 2014
...confusing (revising as I type/edit) but think I'm saying a refreshed Navi COULD launch THIS year yet**, thus before the MKC

the most recent hints I've seen indicate that this time next year:
- the MKC will (only) be in mid-launch
- the MKX launch will be a few months off yet
- a "new" MKS will have been shown at NAIAS but not nec. a production version & no word if it's CD4+3 or still on D3/4
- same for the (all-new?) Navi; not launched but shown - possibly at Chicago - concept/production = ?

all ^this^ is just my best guesses
but it seems Lincoln will have more than 2 launches in 2014cy

** (re-re-edit) ya know
imho one of the BEST things FLincMoCo could do is
when debuting a Navi MCE in a couple months, they say, "No, this Navi doesN'T count towards those 4 new vehicles we've mentioned".
That would show they're serious about what 'new' means & about Lincoln!!
if the mks will be next year in detroit so the mkx will be in LA this year? and the mkc has to debut before it right?...when? :angel

#22 ·
^ I didn't know about the Escalade, Jose

but imho that supports the chance of a refreshed-not-allnew Navi being ON SALE by LAIAS

if the mks will be next year in detroit so the mkx will be in LA this year? and the mkc has to debut before it right?...when? :angel
just-imho, the MKS debuting at NAIAS depends on HOW changed it is = the moreso :: the more likely
(note: the 2014my MKS starts production on June 3, 2013 so the new one will have to be the 2015my)
&
dunno when they'll SHOW the X**, just that it's *supposed* to be On Sale a couple-few months after the MKC is (which, right or wrong, I'm treating like the MKZ launch)

**edit
ya know...
we still haven't learned for sure which platform the "new" X will be on
the current CD3x or the new CD4.2
IF they're *jumping* to the new platform, imho that would argue for showing it at/by NAIAS (WHICH could be a multi-model blockbuster autoshow for Lincoln!! ...showing all the new stuff coming in 12-or-more months)

.....if not, then Not .....yet

but
whacha think:
NAIAS 2014
Navigator - updated 2nd half of 2013 (engines, grille, 1/2 interior, more)
MKZ - update with Nano v6EB
MKC - mid-launch (1st shown LAIAS13)
MKX - DEBUT - all new CD4.2 platform
MKS Concept - all new (on sale Q3/4 2014)
Navigator Concept - all new ultralight-F150-based preview
also thinking ^that^ deluge would free up the next year for
NAIAS 2015
Aviator - new CD4+3 version shared with nextgen Explorer
LincStang - DEBUT
Navigator - production version

#23 ·
I wonder if Lincoln could use the Texas state fair to show the Navigator. Truck based vehicles are launched there every year

#24 ·
I wonder if Lincoln could use the Texas state fair to show the Navigator. Truck based vehicles are launched there every year
The Expy maybe but definitely not the Navigator

#26 ·
there was a brilliant-imho comment during the Superbowl Ad post-mortem
that the Grammys & Oscars woulda been better venues for Lincoln...

...any more prestigious award shows coming up??
or
(& tho I'm not current on the dates) there's the AMERICA's CUP coming in SanFrancisco...
...elitist
, sporting
, "Navigator"?

gotta go post that on FordSocial: YourIdeas
NAVIGATOR: the Official support Vehicle of AMERICA's Cup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.