Ford Begins Production of New Fiesta ST; Fastest-Ever Production Fiesta
NEWS

1. Welcome to Ford Inside News General discussion forum for Ford

Welcome to Ford Inside News - a website dedicated to all things Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Ford Inside News today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford Begins Production of New Fiesta ST; Fastest-Ever Production Fiesta

Focus RS
    Thanks

Ford Begins Production of New Fiesta ST; Fastest-Ever Production Fiesta

• New Fiesta ST rolls off the assembly line in Cologne, Germany; fastest-ever production model achieves 0-100 km/h in 6.9 seconds and 220 km/h top speed
    • Ford equips new Fiesta ST for Europe with 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine offering 182 PS and 240 Nm of torque. New model also offers a new chassis, steering and brakes; enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and 3-mode Electronic Stability Control
    • Stylish new Fiesta ST features unique honeycomb mesh grille, dramatic rear diffuser element; and, for the first time, Recaro seats as standard
    • Most fuel-efficient Fiesta ST delivers 5.9 l/100 km and 138 g/km CO2*
    COLOGNE, Germany, Feb. 7, 2013 – Ford has started production at its assembly plant in Cologne, Germany, of the new Ford Fiesta ST – the first ever sub-seven second production Fiesta.

Full press release:

http://media.ford.com/news/fordbegin...er7seconds.htm

And, we should be able to order one in the U.S. February 28th.
    Last edited by davidlane; 02-07-2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to davidlane For This Useful Post:

Dave B (04-16-2013)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Ford Ka
    Thanks

Re: Ford Begins Production of New Fiesta ST; Fastest-Ever Production Fiesta

It's still quality made even if they can do a lot in a short span of time.

Ford Falcon
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 768 Posts

Its crazy when you consider my first Mustang, an '84 GT would only do about 7.5 to 60 in a 2500 pound car. The Fiesta ST three door surprisingly weighs only a few pounds more.

I would love to get one of the 2.3L Ecoboost engine/transmission combos when they come out and drop it into a restored '86 SVO!!! That would be a good looking, bad arse classic right there!!

Focus RS
    Thanks

My only Mustang was a '66 GT 350. It was less than .5 second quicker 0-60 than the Fiesta and the Fiesta is projected to be a few miles per hour faster wide open. The weights are similar and the Fiesta does it with a third the displacement.

Thanks

Ain't technology grand?

I got all the way into cars in the early 80's, just as I was in sight of my driver's license. I remember seeing 7 second Mustang 5.0 0-60 tests (that was in a comparison between '83 Mustang/Camaro), 7.5 for the initial SVO, and all kinds of sport coupes coming in between 160-230 hp in the mid-late-80's. I remember when the initial Taurus was very competitive with 140 "Vulcan" hp, and when GTIs and various hot-hatches were ceilinged at 120 hp.

I tell people all the time that, despite gas prices, THIS is as golden an automotive age as I've ever seen. Brand new Mustang GT has a 420hp 5.0...available everywhere. I even kind of like the other pony cars being back, it makes things more interesting. It's great to me, too, that the Focus and Fiesta ST models are as wicked fast as they are, because I actually enjoyed a good hot hatch from time to time. On top of all this, the new motors are being stuffed into old engine bays all the time...so if you want to try something insane like an EcoBoost V6 Merkur XR4Ti, go to it. I know I'd be building a bunch of strange franken-Fords if I could be right now.

The old days were great, but I think there's plenty to like right now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanatWork For This Useful Post:

2b2 (04-14-2013), SP1966 (04-14-2013)

Ford Falcon
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidlane View Post
    My only Mustang was a '66 GT 350. It was less than .5 second quicker 0-60 than the Fiesta and the Fiesta is projected to be a few miles per hour faster wide open. The weights are similar and the Fiesta does it with a third the displacement.
    I hope you don't mind if I point out just how much I'm hating you right now.

That has been my dream car since I was 16!!! You lucky bastage you!!

Ford Falcon
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
    Ain't technology grand?

I got all the way into cars in the early 80's, just as I was in sight of my driver's license. I remember seeing 7 second Mustang 5.0 0-60 tests (that was in a comparison between '83 Mustang/Camaro), 7.5 for the initial SVO, and all kinds of sport coupes coming in between 160-230 hp in the mid-late-80's. I remember when the initial Taurus was very competitive with 140 "Vulcan" hp, and when GTIs and various hot-hatches were ceilinged at 120 hp.

I tell people all the time that, despite gas prices, THIS is as golden an automotive age as I've ever seen. Brand new Mustang GT has a 420hp 5.0...available everywhere. I even kind of like the other pony cars being back, it makes things more interesting. It's great to me, too, that the Focus and Fiesta ST models are as wicked fast as they are, because I actually enjoyed a good hot hatch from time to time. On top of all this, the new motors are being stuffed into old engine bays all the time...so if you want to try something insane like an EcoBoost V6 Merkur XR4Ti, go to it. I know I'd be building a bunch of strange franken-Fords if I could be right now.

The old days were great, but I think there's plenty to like right now.
    I'm a bit older than you, but I remember when the '82 GT came out its quarter mile time was in the 16s and yet it was heralded as the rebirth of muscle cars. I also remember when the '83 Vette came out, looking so modern and with the then new Gatorback rubber, 205hp 350. Really?

I also owned an '89LX 5.0 225hp, damn that was a fun car and sure a heck felt fast.... but again, thats nothing compared to many family cars today. LOL

11. Remove Advertisements
    Ford Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.