Ford Inside News banner

Ford US April 2013 Sales Up 18 Percent

13K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lincoln Rebounds
Ford Inside News
May 1, 2013
By: Austin Rutherford

Ford reported today an increase in sales of 17.9-% for April 2013. Not only did Ford see gains at Ford the brand, but also finally at Lincoln as the brand's sales rose 21-% on the back of the all-new MkZ. All together, cars were up 21-%, utilities up 16-%, and trucks up 16-%.

Leading the way at Ford was the Escape, which saw sales skyrocket 52-%. Next up, the F-Series and Fusion saw sales climb 24-% each. Both the Escape and Fusion saw their best April sales ever, while the F-Series saw its best sales since 2006.

Ford mentions that sales of the Fusion doubled in the Western region of the US, including the all important market of California. Southwest sales were up 70 percent as well. Other gains in car sales were the Fiesta with 18.4-%, Focus with 16.1-%, and C-Max saw sales over 3,600 units. Taurus and Mustang broke about even. Explorer and E-Series also saw healthy gains.

Lincoln sales saw gains due to the all-new MkZ. April was its first full month of sales with full inventory on the lots at dealers. MkZ sales saw their best sales ever for any month and was the first time the nameplate had of 4,000 units sold in one month. The only other Lincoln to fetch higher sales during the month was the Navigator with a gain of 26.6-%.

dead Link Tables
new .Pdf LINK also attaching

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Link to the table?

#5 ·
MKZ sales up is great the rest of the lineup is looking pretty weak though. Curious as to how it will look next month.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Oddest fact from the charts...Navigator has the best year to date sales percentage of any Lincoln over last year!

#10 ·
Not surprised by the sales of the Fusion. It is beautiful, much better looking than the MKZ unfortunately. I'd love it of Ford offered a Fusion coupe. I'll take one in race red over black leather with AWD and the rumored 300+HP EB 2.3L I4, please.

#11 ·
Could offering special color/trim editions help the MKS? The special color choices would need to be different from the regular offering. Ford always offered special spring editions or different color combinations for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury years back. These special models always contributed to a boost in sales.

#16 ·
The Taurus really needs to be replaced. The new Impala is now a major threat. Hopefully, the 30th anniversary Taurus will be spectacular.
I imagine it will probably launch next year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
nruggiero said:
The Taurus really needs to be replaced. The new Impala is now a major threat. Hopefully, the 30th anniversary Taurus will be spectacular.
I imagine it will probably launch next year.
well
(tho some other forums still don't know-or-believe the new MKS will be out (late-ish) next year)
if FLincMoCo holds off just a few months for the new Taurus, it could come out very early 2015 and BE a 2016 model for its anniversary

nruggiero said:
Logans Run said:
Oddest fact from the charts...Navigator has the best year to date sales percentage of any Lincoln over last year!
Can't wait for the new one!
wonder if this helps my stubborn belief that a significant Navi MCE will STILL comeout THIS YEAR

edit
re: the Zeeeeeeeeeeee
imho, since the first 3 months of this year are botched = warped data
for me to pay attention to Z-numbers will take
-- another whole calendar year (ex: until the year-to-year % means ANYthing)
or
-- amazingly high numbers - like consistently over 5,000 per month

#19 ·
well
(tho some other forums still don't know-or-believe the new MKS will be out (late-ish) next year)
if FLincMoCo holds off just a few months for the new Taurus, it could come out very early 2015 and BE a 2016 model for its anniversary

wonder if this helps my stubborn belief that a significant Navi MCE will STILL comeout THIS YEAR
Well, most MCEs last 3-4 model years. And the Taurus is an old and iconic nameplate. The Taurus also helped Ford out in the late 80s. So, I'm sure a big celebration is in order.

If the Navigator MCE launches later this year, that means it will debut sometime during the summer. And the MKC is reveal is in the summer too, right? When's the MKX reveal?

#20 ·
...If the Navigator MCE launches later this year, that means it will debut sometime during the summer. And the MKC is reveal is in the summer too, right? When's the MKX reveal?
I'm thinking Navi = on sale before LAIAS/November. More specific than that I have no ideas.
&
I haven't heard anything to change the C489 MKC Job1 from Q4'13
&
it was said a short time ago that the X would have been shown by this time next year but not out yet
& the MKS comes out after the X

#21 ·
I'm thinking Navi = on sale before LAIAS/November. More specific than that I have no ideas.
&
I haven't heard anything to change the C489 MKC Job1 from Q4'13
&
it was said a short time ago that the X would have been shown by this time next year but not out yet
& the MKS comes out after the X
So, if you're right about the Navigator, we'll see two summer debuts! And maybe the MKX shown in LA? And then MKS in Detroit. And then things will get really juicy.

#22 ·
So, if you're right about the Navigator, we'll see two summer debuts! And maybe the MKX shown in LA? And then MKS in Detroit. And then things will get really juicy.
well, I don't want to see anything shown more than 3ish months before it goes on sale
so the showing needs to be close to the Job1 date imho

re: the C
like I've said, haven't heard anything to change the Q3 Job1
so
I hope Job1 is early October & wouldn't mind waiting until LAIAS to show it
AND
make the dang thing a 2015my
I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER Xmas/NEW YEAR'S BOTCH to be even worst-case possible!

#24 ·
well, I don't want to see anything shown more than 3ish months before it goes on sale
so the showing needs to be close to the Job1 date imho

re: the C
like I've said, haven't heard anything to change the Q3 Job1
so
I hope Job1 is early October & wouldn't mind waiting until LAIAS to show it
AND
make the dang thing a 2015my
I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER Xmas/NEW YEAR'S BOTCH to be even worst-case possible!
I don't think we'll see anymore botched launches. I'm sure they're making sure it won't happen again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.