Ford Inside News banner

Ford Sales Rise 14 Percent in May 2013

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
F-Series Sales Continue to Build
Ford Inside News
June 3, 2013
By: Austin Rutherford

Ford announced an increase of 14 percent for the US market in May. This marks the best May since 2006. Retail sales were up an even stronger 17 percent.

Both the Fusion (Up 10-%), Escape (Up 26-%), and Lincoln MkZ (Up 42-%) scored their best May's ever.

Ford F-Series sales climbed 31-% in May to over 70,000 units. That is the first time since March 2007 where sales have been over this mark. If YTD F-Series sales were lined up, it would stretch 1,123 miles (1,807 km) long.

YTD sales for Ford electrified vehicles have now outsold full year 2012 sales in only five months. C-Max sales in May sold over 3,700 units in May.

The Ford Edge, Explorer, and Focus also saw sizable gains over the previous year.

Lincoln brand sales increased by 0.4 percent with many of its older models' sales down harshly.

Ford also announced third quarter production will rise 10 percent.

Link to Sales Sheet

See less See more
#2 ·
MKZ was under 4000 though, I was hoping it would have been north of that.

#3 ·
Ford brand sales are up nicely, as expected with sharp product combined with competitive lease deals. Lots of advertising dollar spent there as well.

I am trying to understand Lincoln’s strategy, where the lease deals are nowhere near competitive, and barely advertised. Actually, I do understand, as they await new product and don’t want to normalize customers to numbers too low. The MKZ was up against the old MKS, and residuals were far enough apart that their prices nearly overlapped. Always a potential problem in showrooms I guess, but they don’t want the Z to languish. I have to say, I just don’t understand lack of sales of the MKS. Even the entry level model with base 300hp V6 is a lot of standard luxury car for the money at $44K. I like it better than Taurus anyway. I say just get crazy with the lease deals on that, and move some metal and get some positive traffic in Lincoln show rooms.

#5 ·
Most striking news in May - only about 6,000 sales separate Ford/Lincoln from Chevrolet/Buick/GMC and Cadilac combined sales. Book it - Ford will outsell Govenment Motors at least once this year and will do so for calendar year 2014. In may 2012, the difference between the two companies was 30,000 vehicles.

#6 ·
Yeah, but I think part of it was that a loaded Fusion Titanium is a heck of an alternative for less. Some sales were lost to that for sure, but all good for FoMoCo, just slightly less for LiMoCo
Lincoln needs some exclusivity... some equipment that cant be find in a Ford vehicle. Maybe some powertrains, interiors with exclusive leather, electronics or sound sistems... colors. Lincoln need to be more than a reshaped and loaded Fords. I could be happy with a Titanium Fusion, like many others customers, paying less than the needed for a MK Z.Is enough a mega sunroof?? Maybe not...

#7 ·
Lincoln needs some exclusivity...
AGREE!!

...some equipment that cant be find in a Ford vehicle. Maybe some powertrains, interiors with exclusive leather, electronics or sound sistems... colors. Lincoln need to be more than a reshaped and loaded Fords. I could be happy with a Titanium Fusion, like many others customers, paying less than the needed for a MK Z. Is enough a mega sunroof?? Maybe not...
well,
tho it's not quite as bad as that^;
with the new engines coming, esp NanoV6s & 2.3 4cyl
&
the Bespoke Program / [Black Label]
I'm hoping FLincMoCo will figure it out
esp
since it's sooo much simpler than GM's situation with more Brands
ALTHO
imho it's fair to say we haven't seen *much* evidence so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.