Ford Inside News banner

Well I pulled the trigger!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Doh999 
#1 ·
Let me say the Leasing Numbers for F150's in Canada are so good I had to say "Yes"

The Long Version. My wife and daughter went on a 4 hour trip to the City on Wensday. They wanted to take my truck but because we just had a major snow storm, with wind afterwards, I needed it in town for the snow plow. So they had to take the Windstar.

Anyways the Windstar runs great but is getting a little tired, struts, swaybar bushings, fuelpump this year, some electrical gremlins, and the culprit a slow powerwindow motor.

They get to the city and after using the powerwindow DS twice on the way (Border Crossing) They go to drive into the parkade and the window finally quit working, locked in the down position. Being 0 F outside this was a problem, and leaving it overnight in the parkade, and the 4 hour trip home.

I arranged long distance repairs, to get the window closed for the ride home. Needless to say the Misses wasn't very happy.

So Thursday I scanned the lot. My instructions were "I don't want another Van! and I don't want a car!"

So I first looked at an Explorer, then an Edge to high of a payment. Looked at an Escape payment, not bad but a 4 year lease @ 0%.

Then I did a 3 year lease on a F150 Crew Cab XLT. Bingo!

So it is a Crew Cab, 301A with a 5.0L V8 Sterling Grey, 6.5' box

See less See more
#3 ·
congrats! got any pics of her?

#5 ·
Congrats on the new "fuel sucking beast!!!" (term of endearment we use for the Superduty. LOL)

They are really nice trucks, and if we wouldn't have bought the Beastie (the Explorer Sport), we may have pulled the trigger on trading the SD on a F150 EB Platinum, as they are so very nice. However, situations changed, and the fuel sucking beast is almost paid off................ which will be nice. :eek:)

Please post pics, so I can drool. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.