Ford Inside News banner

MKC (& X!) ((& Z!!) with "StarShadow" Grille

36K views 110 replies 19 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. It isn't perfect, but I created my vision of the MKC with the new grille debuted on the Continental. Again, this is a very rough chop, but I thought you might all like to see it.

UPDATE, as my day went on:

MKX:

MKZ:

See less See more
Reactions: 2b2
#55 · (Edited)

Attachments

#71 ·

Attachments

#63 · (Edited)
I hate most MBs - in as well as out

:thumb:
imho it just needs the grille higher AND with no recess, at least at the top
& think the Aviator needs to be (a bit) bigger than the Explorer for adult**comfy 3rd row
( ** even more for 6'3" teenagers )

love this :joyous:
but
gives me an idea: making more of the front, if not Most of its surface, out of a StarShadow material, dunno carbonfiber/alu/?
with maybe a small part of it metallized-looking
edit:
wonder if the HL LEDs could be IN some StarShadow holes = mostly invisible when off

#65 · (Edited)
^ interesting & well-done! chop, Gjrip :thumb:
really emphasizes the ride-height/cround-clearance imho
(maybe cuz of the wheels?)
and for some reason,
the bodywork (sides) gives me a German/Japanese-copying-the-Germans feel

tho I'd be quite excited to see a Raptorized Everest-Ranger,
imho the passenger compartment just looks so 'confining'
&
imho², an Aviator really has to do the MKT one-better when it comes to interior room
at least equal the Flex

#76 ·
Yeah, that makes sense. The hip bump made me think that, and the design language didn't match Lincoln's. What's with the placement of that sunroof? Sheesh.

#79 ·
Wow, that looks great. Much better than the Bentley it started as! ;)

If you look closely, you will see that is a bi-panel sunroof. It does kinda look there's just one smack dab in the center haha, but nope!
Oh yeah, I see it now. At first glance it looked like one central panel which seemed strange.

#96 ·
I am really curious how they will do the front camera on the new Conti. I really like how they hid it on the MKX and I hope it will be hidden again but if the Lincoln star is just as big I don't think it will be able to move up at all.

#105 · (Edited)
PREviator

&
thinking about grilles
that instead of having a different insert pattern for All Cuv/Suvs,
they could be assigned by size
so
Navi & Aviator-class would use the original Continental StarShadow^
...imagining Navi/Aviator look very similar with Aviator being on-road, lower, maybe even roomier
MKX would share the "Z-interpretation" insert pattern (otherwise same^frontend?) and
MKC would get it's own sporty pattern (that might also serve for 'another' model later)

Attachments

#106 · (Edited)
inverted plinth ...for smaller vehicles actually: MKC & LincStangs

+ donor HLs

& wondering how the "horizontal weave" of the Z's grille insert would look if made vertical instead

...meanwhile

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.