Ford Inside News banner

Refreshed 2014 Fiesta Launching Early Next Year?

12K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  alex222 
#1 ·
Order banks for the 2014 Fiesta open shortly.
www.FordInsideNews.com
October 29, 2012
By: Nick Saporito

2013 European Fiesta pictured.

The Fiesta subcompact car was arguably the catalyst of Ford Motor Company's 'One Ford' brand strategy, bringing the same vehicles to market around the globe with minimal changes. A derivative of the well-liked European Fiesta launched in North America in late 2010 to great fanfare, but the subcompact market has heated up since 2010 and Ford is preparing a refresh for the Fiesta to remain competitive. We've already seen the new Fiesta - it was shown in Europe at the Paris Motor Show in September. While Ford has not made any official announcements about the car for North America, the order banks for the 2014 Fiesta open unusually early, suggesting the revamped little car is coming to the U.S. very soon.

According to sources familiar with Ford's vehicle ordering process, including certain suppliers, orders for the model-year 2014 Fiesta are slated to open up in mid-November. On a related note, all 2013 Fiesta orders must be placed into the system by late-November. Considering 2013 has not even began yet, it is clearly a flag-raising time frame considering the order banks for most 2013 Ford products will not be closing until next year.

No exact start of production date for the 2014 Fiesta is known at this time, however it has been reported to FIN that production scheduling will likely begin in January. Typically production of a product begins within a month after scheduling starts, but it can vary by product.

Expect the 2014 Fiesta to sport an all-new front clip, nearly identical to the new European model. The new face resembles Ford's latest design theme from the Focus ST and all-new Fusion. Additionally, expect minor enhancements to the interior, including new trim pieces and a revamp to accommodate a touchscreen display with MyFord Touch.

Undoubtedly the biggest news for the new Fiesta will be the addition of Ford's impressive 1.0-liter EcoBoost three cylinder engine, which we hear will be available with both automatic and manual transmissions. The same 1.6-liter four-cylinder will also remain intact in the Fiesta. Both engines are likely to feature Ford's new start/stop technology that shuts off the engine at stoplights to save fuel.

Expect to hear more about the 2014 Ford Fiesta at next month's Los Angeles auto show.

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought they said that the Fiesta ST was a go.

#7 ·
The model unveiled in Sao Paulo with the amber sidemarker/reflectors appears to be a preview of the facelifted USDM Fiesta.

Unlike the European model which got an updated interior (new doors cards/panels, power window & mirror controls similar to the one in the Focus, and a new center console), this interior looks the same as the current USDM model. I wonder if they added a front center console armrest.

-http://quatrorodas.abril.com.br

#9 ·
The face lift Fiesta starts rolling down the line November 5 @ Cologne.

Re the center armrest.....the USA 2013 spec Fiesta has the center armrest now.

Also the Brazilian car show Fiesta interior I think is slightly watered down for their market, and would assume
the face lift USA spec Fiesta interior will be much the same as the Euro face lift interior. That's my guess anyway.

#10 ·
The face lift Fiesta starts rolling down the line November 5 @ Cologne.

Re the center armrest.....the USA 2013 spec Fiesta has the center armrest now.

Also the Brazilian car show Fiesta interior I think is slightly watered down for their market, and would assume
the face lift USA spec Fiesta interior will be much the same as the Euro face lift interior. That's my guess anyway.
The updated European Fiesta interior is an evolution of the original European Fiesta interior
2013/14

2013/14 Brazil-spec/USDM? Fiesta interior

2011 USDM Fiesta interior

The USDM Fiesta has a bulkier lower dashboard, not sure about the reason behind this but I have a feeling they might stick with it for the updated USDM model (like the Brazil-spec model in the photos).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.