Ford Inside News banner

Dark Side Metallic or Sunset? Anyone seen them?

44K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just wanted to see if anyone has seen (and can describe) or taken pictures, etc of some sample of the upcoming Dark Side or Sunset colors for 2014? My wife and I are going to possibly put in an order for the 2014 Fusion on Saturday and I am just curious to see what each color may be like. I know that dealers were sent samples 6 or so weeks ago, but my dealer says they haven't seen the colors, so I figured I would give it a shot here. Thanks!

#4 ·
My partner works for a Ford dealer here. I will have to see if they have them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That would be great! I talked to ford marketing today and they described sunset as burnt orange and dark side is a really dark green. I was hoping dark side was going to include some blue to it. Hopefully we can see them soon!

#6 ·
Yea if anyone has pics of these new colors please post I want to see them.

#8 ·
#15 ·
I think I am going to order my 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium in Dark Side. Looks very nice and rich looking. Ordering doesn't start till next week and I was told 8 weeks delivery which if its like fiesta back in 2010 that is a drop compared to my 6 months almost.

#18 ·
#19 ·
I still like the color Dark Side. Only other color I like is Deep Impact Blue. I'm gunning for the Hybrid Titanium still too.

How would this car look in that dark green that was on the explorer?? I like it but not available.

#22 ·
Well...went to the local dealer today that got a Sunset and Darkside Explorer in this last week to try and do some deciding. Lets say that nothing has been decided. Its driving me crazy. My wife really likes them both, but likes the Sunset more, which I didn't see coming. Dark side lives up to its name. Very Dark, but I like the uniqueness of it. I'm just worried the Sunset is going to be a dated color in two to three years. Here they are, any opinions are welcome!

#23 ·
THANKS for posting your pix here, MineralStangGT!! :thumb:

re: choosing
imho I'd try to think of a couple years after purchase
&
imho, the DarkSide won't be unique anymore...tho still a Nice dark blue/teal
whereas
the Copper (aka Sunset) will still be a not-so-common color
disclaimer: copper is one of my favorite paint colors and my second favorite 'metal' too
even tho I probably wouldn't choose to purchase that strong/bright of color myself

#26 ·
Definitely Dark Side. It's very close to black/blue black that will never look dated. The Sunset looks a bit orange and does not work well with the large yellow and red turn indicators. The Dark Side creates a nice contrast between the lights that make the stand out more.

I see that orange color on Range Rovers and after a few years and they do look very dated. If you are buying, it may be easier to resell a Dark side/blue black car than a Sunset/orange car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.