Ford Inside News banner

Digital Clay Modeling (speculation)- Now.Lincoln.com

11K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  joseodiaga4 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Digital Clay Modeling - Now.Lincoln.com

I wonder what's under the cover in that first pic?
do you mean waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, N.R.?

at first I thought it was that one we saw that looked sorta up-in-the-air with a very upright windshield
but this looks smaller
so
thought it might be an MKC
but
the MKC is 63.2" tall & I think judging from peep's shoulders that this is under 60"...

...starting to think they rotate various LR/RR's just to drive you & me crazy(er)

#4 ·

do you mean waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, N.R.?

at first I thought it was that one we saw that looked sorta up-in-the-air with a very upright windshield
but this looks smaller
so
thought it might be an MKC
but
the MKC is 63.2" tall & I think judging from peep's shoulders that this is under 60"...

...starting to think they rotate various LR/RR's just to drive you & me crazy(er)
:lmao:
It looks like some sort of hatchback like the C Concept, but that project was nixed? I actually would buy that car if and only if it had that cool show car interior and the suicide doors!

It might be a MINI Cooper!

#7 ·

probably the MKC

#9 ·

Agree^, not the MKC

So, do you think that project might have been revived?
dunno - hope the "Abomination" (no offense) has been burned & buried

think it really could be a competitor's benchmark vehicle

if it IS a clay...can't imagine any Lincoln it could be...tho imho it could be an early test for a 2020 Mercury - like one based on the Escape/MKC platform & testing possible differentiation (the hardest one to do in my coming manifesto's lineup)
_clicky
but that's just me

#11 ·

Agree^, not the MKC

dunno - hope the "Abomination" (no offense) has been burned & buried

think it really could be a competitor's benchmark vehicle

if it IS a clay...can't imagine any Lincoln it could be...tho imho it could be an early test for a 2020 Mercury - like one based on the Escape/MKC platform & testing possible differentiation (the hardest one to do in my coming manifesto's lineup)
_clicky
but that's just me
Nice chop/rendering........... Is it for Mercury's return? Which I think should happen!

#12 ·

Nice chop/rendering........... Is it for Mercury's return? Which I think should happen!
Thanks, scford58
& sorta...
tho imho it's still too hard, or beyond me, to believably chop 2020my vehicles

Of my 7-8 new Mercurys, the "miniSport" is closest to having a direct internal FoMoCo competitor, actually both the MKC & Escape, so *testing* possible differentiation & maybe merging the Focus Estate & the C-Maxes (the chop is the MKC's bottom, for scale, with the C-Max's top squished/stretched/altered to fit
&
I'm waaaay past "should"
...see "inevitable" in my sig

#19 ·
Re: lincoln design studio

^ cool, done

The mkC is going to be a a q5 or a q3 size?
umm...in between? like a "Q4" would be?
__wlb____ovl_____w____h___
110.60 - 182.28 - 74.8 - 64.9 - Audi Q5
106.90 - 179.30 - 76.1 - 63.2 - MKC Concept
102.48 - 172.60 - 72.1 - 63.3 - Audi Q3
'course we're still not sure how close the production will be to the concept size-wise

&
enlargements

theoretically the nextgen MKS will be on the CD4+3 platform so could have a similar shape to the Z
OR could just be a Z refresh?

#20 ·
Re: lincoln design studio

^ cool, done

umm...in between? like a "Q4" would be?
__wlb____ovl_____w____h___
110.60 - 182.28 - 74.8 - 64.9 - Audi Q5
106.90 - 179.30 - 76.1 - 63.2 - MKC Concept
102.48 - 172.60 - 72.1 - 63.3 - Audi Q3
'course we're still not sure how close the production will be to the concept size-wise

&
enlargements

theoretically the nextgen MKS will be on the CD4+3 platform so could have a similar shape to the Z
OR could just be a Z refresh?
that´s the car I was talking about, thanks 2b2, I think it is the mkS because is to early to be a Z refresh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.